+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC Getting you down? Vent

As explained in the title.
    A place to unload the polluting thoughts and bad vibes that come with TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Today I went to a baby, was a little heartbreaking. Two weeks ago at my brothers wedding, another guest was boozing it up at 5months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it's been really getting to me lately. As much as I've been trying to stay positive, literally everyone in real life around me is getting pregnant. I have no one (in real life) who understands how hard its been ttc #1 for nearly 3 years now. I swear if I hear just try & relax one more time...I just wish people would realise without me having to try & explain all of our medical issues & it's not about relaxing for us. I've always wanted 2-3 kids & I worry we won't even get 1. No one understands how awful/devastating this feels.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am starting to think I'm too old, my body too stuffed and out of whack, that my doctor will never realise what's going on and help the situation...and that we should maybe not try to have any more children as it seems like it is almost impossible for it to happen. But I can't go on birth control for medical reasons, so I have no solution and my husband plays dumb and ignorant to the whole situation and doesn't understand why I get so neurotic. But then I realise that even if we don't try to have more children then it still leaves me with a body that doesn't work properly and that fixing that will help both situations. But now as I write this I think I'm on the eve of CD1 - so it's probably just a good case of PMS kicking in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky27 - hold in there!!! TTC is very hard & I can totally relate. We have been TTC for 3 years too & the endless BFN are heartbreaking. If my MIL tells me 1 more time that I need to hurry up I might just punch her....
    The old "try relax", "go on a holiday", "get drunk" is just ENOUGH now. If I could don't u think I would have done that by now aaaahhhh. I hope the break helps u to clear ur head & I hope July is your month

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Yep, it's been really getting to me lately. As much as I've been trying to stay positive, literally everyone in real life around me is getting pregnant. I have no one (in real life) who understands how hard its been ttc #1 for nearly 3 years now. I swear if I hear just try & relax one more time...I just wish people would realise without me having to try & explain all of our medical issues & it's not about relaxing for us. I've always wanted 2-3 kids & I worry we won't even get 1. No one understands how awful/devastating this feels.
    This Too many people giving too much advice when they have no idea what's going on. Hugs x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    If my MIL tells me 1 more time that I need to hurry up I might just punch her....
    The old "try relax", "go on a holiday", "get drunk" is just ENOUGH now. If I could don't u think I would have done that by now aaaahhhh.
    This.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

tormyxxx  (28-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Rocky27 - hold in there!!! TTC is very hard & I can totally relate. We have been TTC for 3 years too & the endless BFN are heartbreaking. If my MIL tells me 1 more time that I need to hurry up I might just punch her....
    The old "try relax", "go on a holiday", "get drunk" is just ENOUGH now. If I could don't u think I would have done that by now aaaahhhh. I hope the break helps u to clear ur head & I hope July is your month
    Hi Lindsay, thanks for ur reply. I'm sorry to hear u've been ttc for the same amount of time too, hugs. U poor thing, my mil is the same & I can totally relate. She also likes to tell me how fertile she used to be & only had to walk past her other half & then there was baby! I know she means well but it's still frustrating. Thanks for replying, it helps to hear from people who understand. I really hope u get your bfp soon. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to a family 30th on the weekend. Super excited about it, but my sil is pregnant with number 2. I am over the moon for her and I adore my nieces and nephews but I cannot help but feel jealous that I'm not pregnant. Working myself up for the weekend so I don't feel down on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in a shop one day looking for a new bra and there were two ladies near me one held up some lingerie and said to the other one if she was to wear this she will get pregnant I turned to my hubby and said gee if only it was that easy. I really wish it was just a case of relax and it will happen, if it was that easier I wouldn't have been trying for 7 years