+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm lead to believe (after hours on end of reading) that many of the 'scary' ivf stats are more common in older mums (statistically, IVF is more common in this group). They tend to be linked to maternal age rather than the ivf process itself. Interesting about weakened cervix though, I wonder if it has anything to do with the ET process (forcing the catheter in) and if progesterone pessaries should be used througout the pregnancy with more monitoring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 5 transfer of two embryos. Induced at 37 weeks due to mild preeclampsia. Both babies weighed 3kg and were in perfect health. No nicu, came straight to my room and home with me a few days later. It was actually funny, 3 of my friends were pregnant at the same time as me. All with single, naturally conceived girls. I was due first with my ivf twins but I gave birth last. Every one of my friends had their babies prematurely. Queue jumpers!
    Try not to stress

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my boys were icsi day 5 blastos.

DS1 induced 1 day prior to edd due to ob's roster. I had gestational diabetes and could not go too far over my edd.
    He weighed 3kgs

DS2 came on his edd. Weighed 3.5kgs.

I had been told that once pregnant, my pregnancy was just the same as anyone else's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD1 was a 2 day fresh transfer. I was induced at 38 weeks due to insulin dependent gestational diabetes that they couldn't control.

My cervix was anything but weak, it high and unfavorable. It took 3 days to get me into labour so it's interesting what pp said about cervix being weaker due to IVF.

She was 3.5kgs at birth and was in NICU for 2 days to ensure her sugar levels were ok-they were. She was also jaundice but that was probably cause she was a bit early.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My Bub was a 3 day FET stilborn at 30 weeks. Induced took 48 hrs. He had trisomy 18 . We are 25 no risk factors it's was just a 1% chance and it happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was 5 day Blast as a result of a fresh ICSI cycle... I had an elective c-section at 39 weeks, bub was 3.8kg and perfect 😀

No weakened cervix here, not even close to softening at 39 weeks... Bub still sitting really high!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    My DS was 5 day Blast as a result of a fresh ICSI cycle... I had an elective c-section at 39 weeks, bub was 3.8kg and perfect 😀

No weakened cervix here, not even close to softening at 39 weeks... Bub still sitting really high!
    Sounds v familiar!!
    DS was 5 day fresh ICSI. Sat very high and not even hinting at engaging as such a big baby for my size. Ended up planned C Section at 40+2 and DS weighed 4.06kg!

No small or prem baby here!! Perfectly healthy.

My OB told me that a lot of the IVF stats are thrown out due to the maternal age factor as the PP mentioned. Main factor is age of the mummy not IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your replies! All help is appreciated, even if it's just a nice, keep calm and carry on post.
    It really is very varied isn't it though. We're starting first icsi cycle in June (Dp's sperm problems), hence the million questions and stressing over the billion articles I have read

ata) I'm also 25 next week so that's a plus I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our FS advised that IVF babies are usually born 2 weeks early and smaller.......well, our boy was born at 41+6 and 9lb 12oz and 55cm long. No complications and he's growing like a bean stalk

She did say that IVF babies have an increased chance of birth defects, but they can be corrected with surgery (ie cleft plates etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't read too much! Dr Google is not your friend! As a 25yo you have great chances of a completely normal pregnancy like any other 25yo!