+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a rating odds of 36:1, but we were fine. It's like 3%, if we had 36kids we'd get 1. Not high at all.
    It's a hard time, but we're still talking only 0.5% chance for you. Don't dwell too much or google, just follow your gyno's advice for tests/options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jazi82 View Post
    4. Has anyone had an amnio done at King Edward in Perth?
    Yes. And as they do it all the time there, the risk of miscarriage will be much lower than at a clinic that does it occasionally. They would not give us a number, but said their rate is _much_ better than the official risk statistics you are told.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its def hard to reassure yourself that everything will be ok. I had results 1-8 for downs and yes we did have a result of a downs baby but the one thing my DH did and thank god was after the dreaded amnio we chose to find out the result by paying $270 and having the hosp read the test within 48 hours. We didn't really have the money but after already a miscarriage it was the best decision we made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. My nerves have definitely calmed and I am spending less of my days obsessing over this now!! What will be will be. A special thank you to Girl X - thanks for sharing your info and taking the time to answer my questions. And thank you Fox In Sox - I will definitely send you a msg if the results come back positive xx

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am glad to hear that you got the info and advice to help calm your nerves. All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I also had a high risk result for T21, 1:64. I would pretty much give the same answers as Girl X. Only extra thing I can add is that I did have my amnio done at King Edward. They were brilliant! You're in the best hands there. If you've got any other questions feel free to PM me.
    Hope it all goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jazi82, just wondering how you went with your results? My NT test results came back similar to yours and I am having my amnio tomorrow in Perth but at POGU (Perth Obstetrics and Gynaecology Ultrasound) at Mt Lawley ... I don't know if they have a good record or not! I hope so. VERY nervous. I hope your results were good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tobysmummy. I know it's easier said than done but try and relax. We paid extra to have our results fast tracked in 48 hrs and they came back clear. I too was very nervous about the procedure but it was over and done with before I knew it!! I made sure I didn't see or look at the needle even on the ultrasound screen which helped and I didn't feel pain just slight pressure. Honestly you will be fine. I would have no problems having another amnio again if I had to. Goodluck with everything and I hope your results are what you hope for. Keep in touch and let me know how you go xxx

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a 1:35 chance and I had the cvs done. Everything turned out ok. I was a mess. And when I got that phone call to say he didn't have anything I just broke down. By far the happiest/beat call iv ever got. Just try to relax and breath. Distract your self beat you can xx