+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Macks sorry for all the questions, I know that you have to be off fertility treatment for 6months but can you start any application process while doing Ivf? Can you do Ivf after you have had approval? What kind of questions do you get asked?
    Hi Muzzy, all good about the questions..it helps so much to hear other people's experiences so I'm all for the questions

From memory we were able to attend an info session before the six months was up but we could not start the training until we had completed the six months.

They ask you not to do IVF while going through the adoption process. They really want you to have closure with that journey and in a sense feel satisfied that you have closed that this is the path you want to take. I didn't get this at first but in hindsight I really appreciate the idea behind this.

The questions they ask are wide and varied. We talked about our upbringing, our parents relationship, any stressful times in our lives and how we dealt with them. Our relationship, our work life, our financial situation, pretty much warts and all! The good thing is there are no wrong answers. They just want to get a feel for what sort of people you are and what you can cope with. I got a real sense that it was ok if you had been through rough times or had hardships, it was how you coped that was important.

This is just how we felt through the experience. I know others may think differently but I really didn't think the interview part was too tough. You just needed to be honest and trust that you have lots to give a little one.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awesome thanks so much! We have a couple of years left till we begin this journey but want to have has much knowledge as possible :-)