+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just realized that I haven't yet posted by FISH results from the CVS. I'll post them now so to help future readers.

Our FISH results suggest that Trisomy 21, 18 and 13 are clear but the sex chromosome results were inconclusive. It was suggestive of a sex chromosome mosaicism. Approximately 45% of cells were XO and 55% of XY.

My Ob and the geneticist she has been speaking with suggest mosaic turners syndrome which has varying results depending on the amount of cells etc. They are almost always girls. I have spoken to the local genetic team who were tending to think it may be something else and that the baby is a boy because of the XY chromosomes. I am confused about this but I do trust my Ob as she has a lot of experience. Anyway the amnio Monday will tell us if the baby is affected or just the placental tissue so I still secretly have a little part of me hoping they will tell me it was all wrong but I am prepared as well as I can be for the worst.

Thanks so much for sharing your story with me Amyd, it gives me a little glimmer of hope x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where you getting all your work done? We went through melb royal women's and they were fantastic. Hope Monday goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keep us posted lil seads we are
    Thinking of you! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my amnio this morning and I must say it was much more comfortable than the CVS. For future people looking at both options apparently the CVS is a much thicker needle and from my experience it certainly hurts more. Although I did take some pain relief this morning in anticipation because I knew it was going to hurt. I wouldn't have not not had the CVS, it is certainly better to have the results earlier for piece of mind but I thought I would just put that out there!

I should have my results by Wednesday so fingers crossed.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!! I was surprised by how ok my amino was considering it was such a long needle! I hope you get good results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with you about amnio being nicer than CVS. Fingers crossed you get good results soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any early news yet? I was thinking of you today.. I thought i'd post on your thread here today.. Ive been clogging the feed on the other forum

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe tomorrow is initial results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is today! I have the agonizing wait for the Ob's call today. I feel sick and have had a really teary day yesterday. I was supposed to go to work today and my Ob isn't likely to call until the afternoon and was going to call me at work if I didn't answer my phone. I decided to have the day off instead. I thought work might keep my mind of things but I just don't know how I am going to react to the news and being a midwife, I don't think I could bare getting bad news and then having to smile and look after ladies with their new babies.

So to keep myself busy until the news comes in... hmmm... I could do some housework I guess Update soon!