+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gyms and pregnancy?

Am I allowed to do gym work whilst pregnant? I don't think I'll be doing the aerobics but more so treadmill/cross trainer? Nothing what I would call over strenuous or major weight lifting...

I just want to help myself before I end up too blubbery to manage! Lol or at least try get my body moving...

It's definitely on my addenda to get after birth but I just wonder the value pre birth or f I should just wait...

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am needing to get my expanding butt back into the gym too!!

I believe as long as your Dr gives you the all clear its ok. So start with a chat to them :thumbup:

They do say dont start new exercise but if you talk to them about some light cardio and good pelvic exercises should be fine.

Pre this ivf cycle and preg I was at gym 5xweek for 1hr ish. My Dr has said half effort, half sessions is a good start. I am looking to do some yoga, light pump classes and light cardio.... if my MS /fatigue ease up so I get there lol!!

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 31 weeks pregnant and was at the gym last night. I go 4 times a week and mostly stick to the bike. I was going to the gym regularly before this pregnancy so I just chatted to my ob about it first. He just told me to listen to my body and don't do anything too strenuous. Next week will be my final week I think as its becoming a little bit uncomfortable now but it's been great. Compared to my pregnancy with my DD I have put on less weight and feel really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant and still go to my gym 3-4 times a week. Mine is a group personal training gym, so I've found it great as the trainer has just adjusted my program for me as my pregnancy has progressed. I still do much the same as the others in the group - ie bike, rower, weights, rope smash etc, but abs and weights are adjusted - I don't do sit ups (I'll do a cable press), I do push ups off a bench rather than on the floor etc. I've found it fabulous to keep exercising this time, I feel my body is so much healthier than in my other pregnancies! (This is baby number 4, and I only started exercising after I had baby number 3.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to gym until 22 weeks until I had a bleed and the obstetrician said I should slow down. The trainers at the gym said because I'd been going for so long my body should be ok. I stopped going 4 days after my bleed after one of the trainers lost her baby at 17 weeks..... she was going on the same advice that she gave me. If you're body is used to it keep going but I think it's best to stick to the doctor's advice, not listen to the people who are taking money out of your account for membership fees.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeann For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (08-08-2013)