+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toilet training terrors!

Hi all. DS1 is a week shy of three. Have been trying for months to tt. He knows when he pees or poos and quite often asks to be changed. At first he was happily asking us to take him to toilet but lately he has really regressed and refuses to use toilet, especially for poos. Tonight he was,in undies as he had a bit of a rash and he did a wee in toilet and five mins later i found him on the floor in his playroom, painting poo on the wall!! Why did,he do that?? Am i the worst mum for not having a tt three yo? I feel like a failure.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aim for wee training.
    Poo can commonly and especially in boys be a nightmare .
    My eldest son was 4.2 before he poo trained and he wee trained at 2.9.
    It scared him or something, it took us moving to our brand new fresh house for him to poo in the toilet that first day because it was his toilet!
    Otherwise he held on every night for his pull up pooed then got changed and went to sleep! This was routine for almost 1.5 years .
    If you can get wee then just keep at that and sort something out with poo. Maybe like pull ups within his reach so he can put one on himself and go poo.
    Definitely don't want to force poo as you can scare a child into not pooing and this causes constipation which in turn can cause life long damages to the bowel.
    It seems he is ready, he knows but just isn't keen on poo !
    And I'm sure he won't be poo painting at 13 so don't stress he will train in his time don't worry about what other kids are doing
    Good luck x

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there. My ds wan't until 3yr 4mths, he just wouldn't go in the toilet before that. I picked a week in Jan and it was only a few days. Don't feel like a failure, he just hasn't got it yet.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ds1 trained at 2.11. Now at 3.3 he is dry at night.

It took a while, he just didn't want to, then we got the wee thing ok but he hated that the p00 would fall out of his b$m, he just couldn't stand the sensation! We did a fair few catches in our hands whilst carrying him to the loo!

Then he had a bit of regression and now he's great.

Just persist and don't get disheartened!