+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think your ds is doing ok. My dd2 who is 3 in Aug has good and bad days with food.

Today was:

1 cup nutrigrain with milk for brekky
    Daycare provided fruit for MT
    1 cup of rice and beef strog of which she left all the beef strips and 1 small tub yogurt.
    4 crackers and 4 pieces of cheese for AT
    Dinner was 1 cup fish curry with rice and a bowl of steamed veges. She ate all the fish and veges but left the rice. Then had a 1/2 cup homemade custard for dessert.

She will get her leftovers for lunch tomorrow with a boiled egg.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also make DS muffins with wholemeal flour, oat milk, dessicated coconut, dried apricot and dates - taste great, zero sugar and he loves them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Sounds normal to me. Today my son ate:

A bowl of porridge, 1 weetbix, 1 vegemite toast

5 original rice crackers, a container of grapes, rockmelon slices, 1 scallywag biscuit, 1 packet of rice wheels, 1 mandarin, 1 ice cream (paddle pop) as a treat at park today.

For dinner he had mince with pasta. The mince had celery, carrot, onion, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, peas, green beans and corn. I blended all the veges, except peas, beans and corn in a blender with the tomatoes. It's not ideal, but I do that when my kids don't eat some of the veges, like celery. Is this sn option for you?
    Last edited by BigRedV; 26-04-2013 at 19:42.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today my dd (2) ate

B) half a weetbix with honey

M)1/2 Fruit salad cup, banana chips.

L) ham with cucumber and capsicum (nibbled the veg)

A) wholegrain rice crackers

D) steak sandwich (steak, cucumber, tomato, carrot, capsicum, tomato sauce, wholemeal bread) currently destroying this

We are currently seeing a dietician, but I'm hesistant to follow the advice, she is 'underweight' but they want me to load her up with jam and oil.

We aren't to give her too much fruit, as she was eating 4 -5 serves a day! The big thing is attempting to get protein into her for growth.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always chuck veg in with scrambled egg. Zucchini is good, carrot. Anything

Would he go for roast pumpkin? Its quite sweet?

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Avocado on toast? Nice grainy dense bread? I always add spinach or another green to scrambled eggs? Does he enjoy cooking with you, does that improve his appetite? Also, I buy those single serve steam veggies thingys in the frozen section of the supermarket and they are an easy thing to nuke then give DD as a snack if we are busy. How about veggie filled quiche or frittata?

There's lots of starchy carbs in there and lots of sugar. But no ones diet is ever perfect.

My DD usually eats (today was a funny day, we flew Melbourne to Brisbane!)

B - banana, yoghurt, boiled egg, scrambled egg with veggies, avo on toast, chicken, maybe some cows milk

MT - apple, sometimes a few biscuits, steamed veggies, custard, roast veggies

L - mini quiches, spinach and feta pastry (homemade), chicken and salad wrap with mayo

AT - leftovers, maybe some more fruit, ******ed veg, veggie sticks with 'dipping' like hummus or something

D - whatever we eat, meat and 3 veg type meals, or pastas etc - usual family stuff
    Last edited by MamaNurture; 26-04-2013 at 19:53.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Today my kidlets ate

B) weetbix with fruit DD has a cup of milk ds had a cup of juice

MT) an apple a piece of cheese

L) tuna salad wrap and a piece of banana

AT) a vegemite sandwich and carrot sticks

D) mint gravy lamb shanks with mash potato green beans and corn on the cob
    Ds ate everything but the beans and DD ate everything but the potato

D) fruit salad and a scoop if vanilla ice cream

Every now and again they get a pack of chips or a small sweet but only when thy have been very well behaved or I'm feeling generous

Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a great diet to me!!!

I have one who eats everything and anything and another who is a bit on the fussy side - which to be honest drives me mad!

BUT a few tips.....

I grate up lots of vegies in spag bol and shepards pie - things like carrot, zuch, mushys, celery etc - also for shepards pie - put sweet potato on the top :-)

I also find that if you put a sprinkling of grated cheese over the top of still hot veggies it kinda melts on and makes it sooo yum and appealing they will chomp it down.

Also another thing - if they eat eggs - you can do what I call 'eggy cakes' - what you call things can make all the difference - just egg, milk, cheese and whatever else you want in there - i do zuch, tom, ham, corn etc - put them in muffin tray and bake in oven till set! Kids go mental on them.

Then there is the old fritters / pancakes you can add stuff in.

Also If you little one is old enough you can skewer food too and call it all kinds of cool stuff - wizard wands, fairy wands, magical wands etc etc

x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wrack my brain trying to come up with healthy variety for DS - I have come up with the conclusion that toddlers can run on air and biscuits!

I feed DS a lot of the same stuff every week - stuff I know he will actually eat that is healthy: strawberries, banana, cherry tomatoes, couscous, broccoli, peas, raw carrot sticks. Soft boiled eggs with toast sticks. He won't touch any other veggies and I'm lucky if he eats any lately and am stoked when he eats a piece of broccoli offhis dinner plate! He likes spagetti but only with no sauce. Also promote or pesnut butter sandwiches.

As for meat he won't touch it unless I crumb it - chicken and fish. He won't eat red meat. I don't eat steak much anymore either.

As for crap - he would happily live on biscuits and chocolate and fried food every day!

I hope he starts to enjoy more variety and different cuisines as he gets older. I hope he doesn't end up fussy and boring with food like his dad

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I'm blind and completely missed it but how old is your DS?

DD is 20mo and I'm pretty strict with her eating junk food. She has the occasional bit of cake or biscuit or chocolate but it's probably about once a month.

She's not been well recently so isn't eating as much as normal but a typical day she'd have something like this:

Breakfast - 2 vita brits with milk
    Morning tea - yoghurt and fruit or something like homemade savoury muffins or spinach & cheese scrolls
    Lunch - sweet potato & salmon patties or an avo & cream cheese sandwich or whatever we're having
    Afternoon tea - similar to morning tea
    Dinner - always a protien & veg combo, things she's loving at the moment are Mexican beans with rice, homemade spinach & ricotta cannelloni (I have an oversupply of spinach in the garden!), lamb stew with potato & carrot, meatballs with peas, chickpea patties

Last night I made lamb koftas with tzaziki and a side salad (hers had cucumber, mini tomatos, marinated artichoke hearts and roasted pumpkin cubes). She loved dipping everything in the tzaziki, she's never liked raw tomato but she demolished it all.

To get veg in during the day try making muffins, slices and quiches packed with veggies. Google veggie & rice slice, I made one of those once and DD loved it!
    Last edited by Cue; 26-04-2013 at 20:14.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post: