+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Eating for two?? Or hardly eating??

Hi guys,

I know it is that cliche that when you are pregnant all you want to do is eat... Yet I feel like I have no appetite at all.

I'm 37 weeks.. My weight was 78kgs at 8 weeks.. (I was very overweight)... Now I am 82 kgs at 37 weeks. I have lost a lot of weight during my pregnancy.. My partner and I have taken weekly photos and you can see my hips & waist shrinking in each photo.

Tonight I was lying in bed and couldn't feel bub kick at all.. Wasn't hungry at all, but I Have just had two pieces of toast and can now feel bub kicking lots..

Does anyone else feel this way and almost have to remind themselves to eat?? Should I be concerned?

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've found because bub is sitting high I don't feel too hungry because there's no room to feel hungry iykwim? Although I don't have to remind myself to eat because I become starving in a split second then can't eat much but enough to not feel hungry again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 32+5 and can't really eat much these days - it just doesn't fit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eating for two is a myth. The extra calorie requirements that you need at 40 weeks pregnant is equivalent to a banana each day.

Don't let other people bother you, you're doing everything perfect for your bub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't even finish off a McDonald's happy meal most days from about 32 weeks onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah.. I was a little bit worried because my friend gained 20+ kilos in her pregnancy & said that I would have a small baby cause I'm not gaining enough weight... (Although, the smaller the better I think.. Lol.. Easier to push out )

So it's good to know that I'm not the only one going through this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, my weight is similar. i started out at 78kg, lost one and now up to 84kg. i dont consider that to be overweight. i have definitely lost body weight around hips and butt.
    i dont always feel hungry. especially at night. i dont feel like eating dinner. and sometimes when i eat bub starts moving around, just like you were saying.
    jyst listen to your body. i am sure there is no need to worry.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only very short... So 78kgs on me is a lot... My healthy weight is 60kgs. I find the same.. At night I don't feel like eating at all. It's weird, cause I don't feel hungry.. But when I do eat I feel really satisfied and realise how hungry I was. Lol.

Has anyone tried eating spicy food to bring on labour?? I'm a bit reluctant to try it as spicy food hasn't agreed with me in pregnancy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have been finding lately if i do eat more than a small piece of steak or chicken with salad or veg, that i have such severe heartburn that i have trouble sleeping. i feel like all of my dinner is sitting in my throat ready to come up at any minute.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh yes... I know that awful heart burn feeling! I use Rennie's .. The indigestion tablets. I have had 300 so far in my pregnancy lol.. They really help at night.. Think I go through at least 5-10 a night, because I wake up in the middle of the night with the same thing... Also sitting up in bed and forcing yourself to burp as helped me a bit as well...