Closed Thread
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Thanks Kcraig.

I have made an appointment tomorrow to see my GP and also my FS one more time. I'll see which is more supportive and I'll start with them. I have contacted both Embryoland and Serum. Serum wrote back to me straight away but I still haven't heard back from Embryoland. Is there an email address? I haven't ruled them out yet.

Are you all ready to go? Are you on the meds now?
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Kcraig do you think I should just call Embryoland instead of waiting for them? I'm worried the online form has not gone through.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always contacted Dr Nikos directly, either by phone or email.

Dr Kanakas' email is: nkanakas@hol.gr, he usually replies within one day.

He always answers his phone too, his number is: +30693 230 3888

Good luck IrisJ, you will be lucky just like I am.

Im 15 weeks today ladies

The doppler I bought is keeping me sane and the baby is moving around heaps since I can barely find the heartbeat some days, but thats because baby is bouncing..

Good luck to everyone going to Greece!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Iris no need to panic, doing d/e is very simple and straight forward once you have decided on a clinic, the clinic does all the work and you just follow along, having fun planning on where to stay and what to see if you have time
    i went to Embio but it is a clinic that I wouldn't recommend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey and Yasna.

I hope I will be lucky too Yasna. Our journey has been a very emotional one so far and wish for nothing more than getting some positive news for a change.

And all the best to you in your pregnancy journey xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Feel like I've been offline for ages! In reality it's probably been one day - eye roll :-D. So now I'm cuddled up in front of the fire at my parents (in the country) and catching up.

Welcome IrisJ! It feels overwhelming to start, and you'll probably feel a bit nervous until you arrive in Greece and your clinic checks your lining again and confirms everything is good to go. After the crappy ivf journey you've had it's entirely understandable that you'd get a little jumpy in the prep for a donor cycle. We all do - it's just a big endeavour! The trick is to pick the clinic that resonates with you personally. Go with your gut on that one. For me that was Serum and the marvellous Penny. For others on this thread it's been Embryoland and the lovely Dr Kanakas, or Ruth Pellow, or Iakentro ... They're all good from what I can tell, so pick the clinic that will give you the experience that makes you most comfortable and which allocates the donor in a way that you are comfortable with.

After that, it's easy. Your clinic will tell you the meds to take so you can go the route Stacey described above, or you can use an FS here to prescribe the meds and scan your lining (that's what I do, I use Dr Anne Poliness - she can scan my lining in her rooms), or if you have a cooperative GP they can do it too. The difference with using an FS for this is that you can sanity check stuff with them that your GP might not be able to help you with. If you feel a bit nervous about it all (which I was after my first bad experience in Greece) then I'd use a FS. If you feel very comfortable with the meds and how your body reacts to them and have no desire to get a second opinion along the way, then your GP is totally fine.

This is a very exciting time for you! And a little sad too - letting go of having an OE really tough, every now and then I still grieve it a teeny little bit. But my DE baby is the baby I was meant to have, he is simply amazing and I'm so very lucky to have him :-). These days it is more important to me to try and have a 100% sibling for my little man than it is to have my OE baby.

Wishing you lots of positive experiences with DE in Greece in the coming months! You still have time to organise everything and receive an ET in Sept. As an indicative timeframe I'll be there early Sept and I start my meds in mid to late July.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend xx
    Last edited by Vixjc; 22-06-2015 at 20:04.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Laiylabelle  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Vixj Thank you for the kind wishes. Before coming across this thread I felt nobody understands what we are going through. Now even though my heart goes out to all the ladies on this site that had to go through such emotional journeys, I somehow feel relieved that there are people who actually understand...

The one thing I am investigating at the mo is the difference in donor selection at Serum and Embryoland. Neither of them provide detailed reports or photos?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IrisJ, I wouldnt worry too much about donor information, they are tested for stds and hopefully matched to your looks, but personally I'm happy as long as my donor had brown hair. I am the mother who is carrying this baby, and I dont want to continually compare my egg donor with my child. I have pictures of my sperm donor, but am glad that the ED was anonymous. It makes it easier for me to bond with my baby and feel like its truly mine. If I have her picture in my mind, I will be constantly comparing. I did however want to know what her interests were, but to be honest, that could all be lies anyway. Just be happy that someone is giving you the gift of life and you have the opportunity to have a baby.

Thats just my take on it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (30-06-2015),kymmymichell  (23-06-2015),Laiylabelle  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    New thread over here .