Closed Thread
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Hi Chillout71 - the FISH test (nothing to do with recreational fishing ) is a sperm test that you do to make sure there are no abnormalities, etc. We enquired with Iakentro about checking the embryos for abnormalities... PGD - they remove a cell and examine it... however because it is an invasive test, ie disturbing the embryo, they will only do it if there is reason to suspect possibility of abnormalities occuring. DH had a previous partner who had miscarriages and lost twins, etc. So we want to make sure DHs sperm is ok. The FISH test had to be done through our Fertility Clinic. QFG in Bris do it. The test can't be done at a pathology lab like other sperm tests. For more info try googling: "FISH test sperm". It is basically a male infertility test and is useful particularly if you are doing ICSI.

Hi Wetsetter! got your pm. did you get mine? sorry I have been flat out and haven't had a chance to send questions... thanks for your help. I will catch up soon.

Kathcraig - so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

CherryCP
    Last edited by CherryCP; 11-06-2015 at 05:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cherry! I'll investigate with our FS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Updated Rollcall …

@Beagie – pregnant following trip to Serum
    @brimrush – 6 x OE ivf cycles, 43 years, visiting Embryoland in July ‘15
    @CherryCP – 45 yrs, 2 x OE ivf cycles, going to Iakentro/Newlife in Sept ‘15
    @Chillout71 – 43 yrs, 4 x OE full stim ivf cycles with pgd (5 embryos all abnormal, 2 untested FETs BFN), going to Serum timing TBC
    @Dette – multiple OE ivf cycles, 1st DE cycle with DH sperm at Serum (miscarriage, 2nd cycle at Serum with DE and DS, pregnant with twins, due Dec ’15.
    @francesthecat – 36 yrs, 9 x OE ivf cycles, 1st DE cycle at Serum = chem, 2nd DE cycle at Serum pregnant and due Dec ‘15
    @Jamellabeth – 46 yrs, 1 x DS, going to Embryoland clinic in Aug/Sept ‘15
    @justcantstop (USA) – 47yrs, multiple OE ivf cycles, visiting Embryoland in Aug/Sept
    @kcraig – 44 yrs, 5 x ICSI with new DH, 3 teenagers (with ex-dh)
    @Kathcraig – 3 x OE ivf cycles at Embryoland, 1 x DE cycle Embryoland. Pregnant and due Nov ’15?
    @kimmymichell – 3 sons (20, 18, 14), 2 ivf cycles, visiting Embryoland in July ‘15
    @Laiylabelle – looking at OS egg donation, considering her options
    @MrsJT – going to Embryoland Sept ‘15
    @panda1454 – multiple OE ivf cycles, visited Embryoland, twins born Nov ‘14
    @Positano1 – went to Embryoland May 15, BFN - hugs needed, planning the next round …
    @Pussykins – visited Embryoland, pregnant and due August ‘15
    @Rachel70 – 44 yrs, 3 x OE ivf cycles, intending to visit Embryoland? in ?
    @Relais – multiple OE ivf cycles, visited Embryoland, pregnant with twins due in Oct ‘15
    @SharonG – 45 yrs, (3 grown daughters), visiting Embryoland in ?
    @stacey10 – children from 24 to 3 yrs and 8mth old twins, DE in Czech Republic (but just likes to hang with us Greece babes :-D), and has treatment at Embio (was not a fan) and may have a lining scan at Serum before her Czech FET.
    @Tayto – 8 x OE ivf cycles, due to visit Embryoland in June ‘15
    @Vixjc – 41 yrs, 6 x OE ivf cycles, 1 x DE at Genesis (was not a fan),1 x ectopic, 1 x miscarriage, 1 x DE at Serum , DS born Dec ’14. Due to try for Baby no.2 in Sept 15 at Serum
    @Wetsetter – 3 x OE ivf cycles (with PGD),pregnant following trip to Iakentro for DE cycle
    @Yasna – 44 yrs, 9 x OE ivf cycles (2 miscarriages), 1 x DE at Embryoland, pregnant and due 14 Dec ’15

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (12-06-2015),Jamellabeth  (11-06-2015),justcantstop  (12-06-2015),kcraig  (11-06-2015),kymmymichell  (11-06-2015),lissimmo  (13-04-2016),Wet setter  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great lots of us going Sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Looks like a party in Greece in Sept!!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

justcantstop  (12-06-2015),kcraig  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going October!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kathcraig, so sorry to hear you lost two. Glad that one is snuggled in for the ride though! Wishing you all the best as your pregnancy goes forward.

I saw my doctor on the 9th and got all my prescriptions and scheduled my blood work and scan, etc. Sent an email to Dr. K and am waiting to hear back as to what he wants me to take when. My doc said he'd be able to assist me with any scripts, tests, etc I may need. So now we'll see how everything goes and if my Sept target is gonna happen!

Vix, thanks for the updated roll call! There's so many of us, it's hard to keep track.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are doing great and everyone else too!!

Stay well lovely ladies - I'm thinking of you !!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (12-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls !

Kathcraig, I'm glad you have one left over !! Hope its growing safe and sound, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

I've been busy this week with a 5 month old foster baby that got swept out of my arms after 3 days due to me not having the whooping cough booster!!!? I would have gotten it straight away but my o.b said not until 30+ weeks. NOT FAIR!

For those mummies out there I have a question;

Did you get the whooping cough booster shot while pregnant? or after? I hear its better to get it while you're pregnant so the baby has some antibodies when its delivered.

I didn't even know i had to get it until now? Bull**** new laws and outbreaks has caused extreme paranoia.

Everyone meeting up in Greece in September have some fun for me ! I met up with nobody ! waaah !! I can't wait to hear about your success stories.

Im doing fine, bought a doppler ages ago and am hearing the heartbeat now quite easily, im 14w on Monday! My placenta is at the back so i'll be able to feel stuff soon I hope. My libido has increased which is unfortunate since I dont have a partner. waaah !!

Wishing you all the best..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yasna- I got it at 38+3 ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna, My DH contracted whooping cough a couple of years ago after we attended a wedding. Hell the cough was bad!!! He had a shot when he was a baby but they reckon it wears off when you get to our age. I had to have a shot while he was sick, to make sure I didn't get it... so I'm covered now.

My poor DH was SO sick... I can understand how it would be harmful to a baby. He was off work for weeks.

CherryCP
    Last edited by CherryCP; 15-06-2015 at 06:01.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (15-06-2015)