Closed Thread
Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry I've been a bit absent lately - long story but my DH crushed his hand between 2 metal shelves and ended up in hosp having it reconstructed, then 2 weeks later he had to head o/s to see family. He was gone 5 weeks and only just returned this week - so I've been a single mum and its been full on!

But I have been reading all your posts when I can and wow so much has happened!

I'll write a longer post later but just to update everyone on our journey:
    We were hoping to head to Embryoland end of July but as I am completely menopausal I need to have at least 2-3 periods before heading over, so we are looking at the end of August atm (plus the airfares are so much cheaper in Aug compared to July and we need 3!)
    I asked Dr Nikos how much the donors receive of the 5,000 euros and he said it was about half the cost of the fee, when I pushed for an amount he said it was 1500. He was actually quite transparent about it and explained what made up the fees.

Anyway, I'll try to catch up with everyone over the next few days - but a BIG hello!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laiylabelle View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a very new member to this forum though have often read the comments. I am in need of some advice/experiences from anyone else who has been to Genesis in Athens for egg donation.
    I hear/read a lot of positive reviews about Serum & Embryoland but hardly seen anything on Genesis.
    Our FS Nick Lolatgis at Monash has recommended Dr Pantos as he is affiliated with this clinic. Also are we better to go through our FS or liaise direct with the clinic in Greece? I have elevated NK cells so intralipid will be needed.
    Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong area...first ever post on a forum!
    Any shared experiences would be most welcome! Thanks heaps!
    Hi @Laiylabelle
    I have no direct experience with Genesis but I did send off an enquiry at the same time I sent ones to Serum & Embryoland, I have never heard back from Genesis but received emails from the other 2 within hours. Also I do believe that Monash receive a referral fee from Genesis
    I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you more information.
    I have a FS here but am dealing directly with Dr Nikos (Embryoland)

Goodluck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    Hi @Laiylabelle
    I have no direct experience with Genesis but I did send off an enquiry at the same time I sent ones to Serum & Embryoland, I have never heard back from Genesis but received emails from the other 2 within hours. Also I do believe that Monash receive a referral fee from Genesis
    I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you more information.
    I have a FS here but am dealing directly with Dr Nikos (Embryoland)

Goodluck!
    Hi Jamellabeth,

Thanks for that info...
    Yes I really want to arrange the donation via Nikos Kanakas as heard great things about him and Embryoland, but worried about going solo without FS. Good luck to you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohooooo I got my neuchal scan today and everything is perfect !!! Heart is on the left side, stomach in the right place and a good nasal bone apparently. I went to my O. B Dr Alex Alexander afterwards and im OFF ALL MEDICATION !! but...hes put me on baby asprin every day, told me to eat my omega 3's; fish oil tablets and to make sure I get lots of calcium. SO IM PESSARY AND PROGYNOVA FREEEEEE !!

i have 1/17500 chance of downs, which are good odds ! Heartbeat was 159, but she barely could measure it since the baby was moving around sooooo much, OMG what a beautiful sight to see! !!! Kicking, moving, dancing, waving, rolling around my belly and I didn't feel a thing !!! I had tears of joy in my eyes when I saw bubby doing back flips and moving around for ages. Unbelievable !

The sonographer told me to go to the toilet and let some pee go since bubby was probably restricted by my full bladder and moving around to get comfy, once i peed a little bubz settled down and she could finally measure the scull for the neuchal translucency. Wow it was the best scan to date !! I'm so so so so so so so so so so happy

I even got a call from Dr Kanakas tonight asking me how my scan went ! He is so thoughtful and always checking up on me and seeing if I'm ok, how I'm progressing ! After all my 9 attempts at IVF here in Australia, I've had the best and most positive experience with Dr Nikos Kankas in Athens. From the minute I phoned his number and the Greek receptionist spoke in Greek and all I said was 'do you speak english' next thing, I was put straight through to Dr Kanakas ! From that moment he was the only person I spoke to, I rang him all the time and he was available whenever I wanted to talk to him. He was even woken up by me at 6am and still asked " how is your lining" since he knew I was going for a lining check. Not ONE doctor here in this country had as much empathy and gave me such positive feedback as Dr Kanakas. He always said, you will be pregnant, you have suffered enough. He understood my heartache and hardship that lead me to donor eggs in Greece. A place where I never would have gone if it wasn't for my mother saying " GO TO GREECE " I look Greek said Dr Nikos and I had faith in him finding the right donor since after all, hes the expert.

IM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL !!! I FEEL BLESSED, i hope that all you girls know that I have suffered a lot to get to this place, miscarriages, loss of money selling borrowing begging for money for all my past ivfs, and this time it was my final shot, the last amount of money I could borrow, the final straw. I WAS very lucky to get pregnant the first try, and not everyone is that lucky the first time, but I was and I thank Dr Kanakas for giving me 100% of his time when I needed him. Im so thankful that I picked the right place to go. PLUS I have 2 frosties waiting for me, mum has already planned our trip next year, she will come and look after bubby while I pick up a brother or sister. I truly hope this happens !!!

Girls, I seriously love Dr Kanakas for this blessing hes given me, I think he is a brilliant Doctor who really cares about getting you pregnant. I cant rave on enough about him. Plus I'm happy to know the girls get paid well !! I feel guilty I didn't buy my donor a present, but really, the money she got from me, she can buy whatever she wants !! Bless her and Dr Nikos!!!

IM SO HAPPY ! It was so anxious this morning, thinking my baby wouldnt be there, since I hardly feel pregnant at all. I've lost weight, my boobs arent the size of Dolly Partons and Im no longer tired. Thinking oh no is this over? But it felt so real today, seeing bubby move and dance around, the sonographer said it was the liveliest one shes seen in a long time, hypo like its mother !!! She kept calling it a 'he' and mum is saying that its a boy now? I really dont care which one it is, as long as I give birth to a healthy live baby without complications !!!

I'm booked in for another scan at week 16 just to keep me from stressing and hopefully find out the sex of the baby, then of course its the 20 week morphology scan. For now though I feel soooooo relieved that my baby is alive and kicking, literally. I'm really really really lucky, lucky to have this work the first time, but I've had lots of bad luck in the past, so I guess its my turn to have some good luck!!!

Please if you havent talked to Dr Kanakas and are thinking of any other clinic, chat with him first and see what he says, see how comfortable you feel with him. Not everyone can get along with everyone, but I clicked with him like he was a long lost uncle or something. I really love the man. I trust him implicitly and have never had a cycle that didnt involve super mega doses of drugs. Dr Kanakas uses less drugs and I think my body responded well to his basic regime. For previous IVF treatments with my own eggs, Dr De Ambrosis used steriods, anti inflammatory drugs, growth hormones,valium, pregynl, synarel bla bla bla, so many drugs. Dr Kanakas doesnt believe in valium before transfer, I felt so stoned every time I took them before prior transfers, it wasnt good. For my transfer in Greece, I lay on my tummy after the procedure and fell asleep for 45 min without needing valium. He also doesnt like using Pregnyl saying it confuses the body, whereas my Dr here says its a must have, over medicating me didnt work for me. I get high on a cup of coffee. (i drink tea) I was over stimulated in my previous cycles producing between 18-28 eggs per cycle, frying my eggs with too many hormone injections, once i think i was over stimulated and was quite swollen and sore for ages. In retrospect I wish I went to Greece to try with my own eggs 10 years ago, I might have had a few babies by now. Dr Nikos doesnt over stimulate, doesnt use unnecessary drugs and has his heart in the right place. I didn't feel like a dollar sign to him, but a human being. The donors he uses are in good hands and I dont think he would be squeezing 30 eggs out of them like my doctor here tried to.

I wish you all the very best and I hope you are ALL successful in your journey to become mothers. I'm still on the edge of my seat and wont be totally relaxed until I hold this child alive and well, in my arms mid December this year, which is a LONG way away.

I highly recommend Dr Nikos Kanakas at Embryoland and have only heard one person in this thread speak badly of him. Not everyone will have a positive experience, but I can guarantee you will eventually. Its a numbers game and all about luck. I flew with a 5.9mm lining, crazy, but he said "come now" and I trusted him and I did. I will always trust him and I know that I can call him anytime and he will answer my crazy questions.

Baby dust to all, and heres my little bubba wubba waving at you all.
    IMAG4652.jpg
    bubz.jpg

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (05-06-2015),Jamellabeth  (05-06-2015),justcantstop  (05-06-2015),kymmymichell  (05-06-2015),Vixjc  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats Yasna, that would be a huge relief. He or she looks beautiful

Francesthecat I hope everything is ok with you, and sorry to hear about your bleed. Sounds like you are doing the right thing

I would also like to share that my 2WW is over and I received a positive this morning. I cant believe it !! My progesterone is still a bit low so I am cautiously excited. Officially 4 weeks today.

Wish everyone the best in their journey, use his forum, ask questions do what ever you need to help make a uniformed choice. It has helped me to no end. It was only 3 months I first visited this post and here I am today with a positive.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (05-06-2015),Dette  (05-06-2015),francesthecat  (05-06-2015),Jamellabeth  (05-06-2015),justcantstop  (05-06-2015),kymmymichell  (05-06-2015),Vixjc  (05-06-2015),Yasna  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    congrats Yasna, that would be a huge relief. He or she looks beautiful

Francesthecat I hope everything is ok with you, and sorry to hear about your bleed. Sounds like you are doing the right thing

I would also like to share that my 2WW is over and I received a positive this morning. I cant believe it !! My progesterone is still a bit low so I am cautiously excited. Officially 4 weeks today.

Wish everyone the best in their journey, use his forum, ask questions do what ever you need to help make a uniformed choice. It has helped me to no end. It was only 3 months I first visited this post and here I am today with a positive.
    wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! positive !!

Congratulations !!! you must be in shock like I first was !!!

I was on 1600mg of progesterone, get onto it, see if you need to up your dose? wont hurt !!!I think my dose was a bit high, but my progesterone wasnt as high either...maxed out at 87 even on that amount everyday...but anything over 30 is good apparently...

Im half asleep messaging my cousins telling them my news, its 1am, I need to sleep...

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL !!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lailabelle - hi there, I went to Genesis, it was the first clinic I went to and know a couple of others who have been there too. It was not a great experience at all, we were pretty upset by it. I will PM you ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Dette  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having trouble posting ... Hmmm ...

Awesome news Wetsetter! High five!!!

Congrats Yasna, second trimester here you come :-)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (05-06-2015),Yasna  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Having trouble posting ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Wetsetter such great news woo hoo.

Yasna thank you for sharing your gorgeous pics with us. Can't wait to hear of your next scan. Dr K has really done an amazing job for you.
    I found my dealing with him to be good, even though I did not end up going with him.
    I would have ovulated on his plan, even though it's not supposed to happen. My old FS could never get this either, I have a luteal phase defect. No matter how many times I told the fool, I will get my period. Yep it kept happening, he just keeping saying the trigger sets your O, you will your period in 14 days if your not pregnant. No I got it when it was due. This is the medical director of Monash not dr K, I must be clear about this. 4 wasted cycles

Ive been having trouble posting on this site as well. ??

Also re Genesis I've been there as well. From what I've worked out, you need to do some name dropping. In which I did the first time I went to Athens. I magically got an appointment from 3 months to 4 days later. I simply lied and said my FS had told me to come. So they assumed, he had done all the pre work etc.
    Yes they caught me out, but Pfft who cares. Suddenly I could not understand lol
    They are extremely busy, locals wait many months to get in there.
    The service is not like the others, which have a huge market in overseas.customers. So they don't care about your holiday or how long you have waited for your appointment.
    It's like a huge IVF clinic here, but Greek. If you don't speak the language it is harder. Both positives and negatives.
    PM me if you want to know more

Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences please keep them coming. I feel it really helps others making a choice of where they will go.

AFM all seems to have settled down FX no more bleeding. My FS has said it was the other embryo coming away. An awful scary experience.
    Next scan in a few days

Yay it's Friday hello to everyone

Baby dust

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Dette  (05-06-2015),Laiylabelle  (05-06-2015),Wet setter  (05-06-2015),Yasna  (05-06-2015)