Closed Thread
Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well at least you girls give us all hope. Even the bad experience can be positive. I hope you all continue to delivery safely.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those in Greece or home was there any places you would recommend to visit or eat. Probably will stay at the President.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    For those in Greece or home was there any places you would recommend to visit or eat. Probably will stay at the President.
    You must use my 'greek brother' cab driver Kostas, I met him when I took a taxi from the President one day. I was so lucky, most taxi drivers are not friendly and rude. He is a gentleman and a great tour guide and speaks good english.

Francesthecat used him and was very happy with him. He will take you EVERYWHERE, to the church on top of the hill, to the little cute restaurants hidden from the tourists, with food that was amazing. To tourist shops if you like and to the places to be 'seen'.. I loved the Restaurant 5F he took me to, and he took me to the changing of the guards at Sytagma, I forget what time they change, but its something kinda interesting. I got roused at by the guard keeper as I was taking a photo with the guards, who dont move. I was saluting and he said "be serious"..haha ..Call KOSTA im telling you..i really appreciated being shown around by a local.

Plus near the President is a wonderful restaurant, Im trying to find a picture of it, but I cant. You cross the road at the lights, then turn left and walk into the first street on your right, Arkadias. You walk up and see this Grill place on your left, which I didnt buy from, apparently its not so fresh, but if you keep walking a bit further, then turn left into Daskalaki st, then you go up a little and on the right there is a hidden restaurant with AMAZING food. OMG! Its a classy little spot hidden in the backstreets there. Dr Kanakas recommended it to me after I got cabin fever a few hours after my transfer, OMG i loved it. You can order from the fresh buffet or order from menu. Gorgeous waitress and I was recommended the Papoutsakia (little shoe) its baked eggplant scooped out and mince and cheese on top OMG tasty. I have not found it here in Australia, im going to have to make it! I could go on about the food all day. Oh and if you're at the president try the club sandwich, but hold on, im repeating myself since if you look back a few pages, I think I even put a picture of it.! !!

Here is Kostas card, I really love the guy, hes a true gentleman, wouldnt let me touch my luggage and he made my trip more enjoyable by showing me things I would never have seen and eaten things i will never forget.

kosta.jpg

kostas.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thanks so much this is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kcraig we stayed at the White Lotus. It is newly renovated, clean, small and lovely staff. We had a balcony which was lovely and great for drying clothes. It is easy to get around on the metro from here and easy to get to clinic. Only problem is no restaurants etc around it, but we didn't really find this a problem.

Next time I go I will need a place closer to clinic as I don't want to be going to far from hotel on my own at night for dinner.

The President was more expensive and from what I saw not as nice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kcraig i just left greece and went to these places and would recommend them all
    3 island day tour - the best part of my trip (well hopefully the best part will be a positive result however i would go before transfer as it is a long day
    The Plaka - so many places to eat, just take a pick really
    Parthenon - not sure you could go to Athens and not visit this amazing site
    Monastariki flea market - an interesting wonder through sidewalk stalls selling lots of knicknacks, handmade jewellery and fridge magnets (seems to be a done thing in Athens, strange but fridge magnets everywhere)

Enjoy and wish you all the best in your treatment

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (02-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everybody

Tayto: I am so sorry your transfer did not go as smoothly as you would have liked. I plan on going to Embryoland in Sept and just hated to hear something negative! But, everyone's experience is different and I thank you for your honesty about it. Hopefully it will still yield a positive result !!+++ All of my retrievals and transfers as well as all monitoring here in NY were at 7am in both clinics I used, so that's not new to me! And I had 3 day transfers too. But, I am assuming the way you wrote that it wasn't just the time, etc., but that it may have been a bit uncomfortable. Just wondering, did they give you anything to relax you beforehand or was it all the water to drink, etc.? What I've learned through my IVF journey over the last ten years is most people's ultimate opinion out their cycle, doctor, clinic, etc. is based on the outcome. You hear some people rave about docs and clinics, etc. that have poor reputations/bad stats, rude staffs or who you find are just not very good - but since they got pregnant, all is right with the world! I pray that happens for you!!

That being said, if you have to go back again and are skeptical about Dr. K, etc., you might want to try using his partner, Dr. Mantzavinos (spelling could be off here). He has an excellent rep and resume too and my sister-in-law introduced me via skype to her friend in Greece who is 50 and pregnant on her 2nd donor try. Her first was with Dr. K and did not work. Second done by Dr. M and here she is.

Oh boy, let's not think beyond the 2WW now. Please keep us posted on how you are are doing. Keeping the fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - Scan coming soon, right? 2 more days? If you find out the sex, will you let us all know too? Whether boy or girl, as long as the baby and you are healthy, its all good.... Hope your headaches are better and you are weaning off the p's. You'll probably feel great after that!

Positano: Did you decide when you are returning to Greece? How many frosties do you have or will you be doing another fresh cycle with same donor?

I got my period yesterday....finally! I have my appt with my doc next week (June 9) and was supposed to be getting 2 scripts for Provera (to bring on period) and Estrace. I emailed Dr. K because now that I got it and will not have the pills til next week, I want to see what he wants me to do as far as taking the Provera, etc. So, we'll see. But, I have to admit I am happy it came on naturally. I think maybe since I've been focusing on it so intently, that's why it didn't come on. (Or maybe I am starting menopause and I'm in denial!!) Anyway, things are moving along even though at a snail's pace!

DH knows I was waiting for period and nervous it had not come and was getting a script, etc. When I got it yesterday (we were at Greek Christening), he was so happy - we high fived!! Seems so silly, but it feels good we are both excited about this again. I didn't think he'd come around to this stage, but he's gung ho now!!

I hope all of you that are preggars now are feeling good and staying strong. Those of us getting ready for a cycle - let's think positive and do what we can to prepare. Those of you in 2WW, my thoughts and prayers are with you for good news.... Checking in with this thread and reading about all of you (ups and downs) is really inspirational and reminds me this is possible!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, have any of the pregnant ladies tried the Harmony blood test? I've provided two different lots of blood samples but the clinic that does the test in the U.S. kept coming up with inconclusive results. I've been told that there's no point in going for another Harmony test. I'm 17 weeks pregnant now with twins and have been told to just wait for the 20 week scan to get the most complete okay about the bubs that we can get. Given the NT scan went well and all of the tests my husband and the young donor went through at the beginning, I shouldn't be so anxious. I'm curious if anybody else has tried this test? I'm not going to do an amniocentesis.