Closed Thread
Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dette

No one gets it. They do try but they just don't understand the feeling you get. I know how hard it is. I had a good friend who didn't tell me she was pregnant because she didn't want to upset me. It doesn't matter how much you say to yourself I'm really happy for them and its good to hear people are getting pregnant it still feels like a pit in your stomach. Why them and not me. especially if some of your friends are on there second. I did have some one say to me being around babies helps your body to become more fertile but I don't know if that is true or just a wives tail. Try and stay strong you are doing all you can to change the situation. I nearly gave up and Embryoland was my last attempt so I do hope you get the same good result.

Feeling not to bad but have picked up a flu which is a bugger. I will keep praying for a good result for you.

Kathcraig I was devastated to read your post. I'm glad Dr Nikos is staying in contact with you as some support.
    I am praying that your test results come back positive. You must be so stressed out. Ill keep my fingers crossed you get some good news.

Thinking of you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I'll let you know how I go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    i had ultrasound yesterday and they could see two sacs. One larger than the other. Hcg levels increased nicely over night so possible vans shine twin. Crossing fingers at least one ok. Will know more in two weeks. Thanks for all the kind words xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kathcraig

That is such good news. I hope both are okay and you get the instant family as well. Ill be thinking of you. It will be a long two weeks but just keep thinking positively.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you panda & Kathcraig for the moral support. Your words of comfort & wisdom soothed my soul. Onwards & upwards; bring on Greece & my beautiful twins, hehe.

Kathcraig, yay for positive ultrasound. What a relief! Excuse my dumbness, but what is "van shine" twins? & when do u find out if that is the case?

Panda, have u recovered from flu yet, is morning sickness not enough?!

vixjc, r u ok; how's the morning sickness now?

frances, have u sent yr forms 2 serum yet? Or booked flights?

have a great long weekend ladies. I should be getting my period which is good as then I can start a couple of tests required by serum. I'm excited as it's something 2 do which gets me 1 step closer (if that makes sense) xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

My DE options in Greece haven taken a huge slide. My FS does not think my DH sperm is going to cut it. And thinks if we go down that route, will be another early loss. Only other option is donor embryos.
    Damm hard news to take. So now Ive re contacted Serum to find out about their embryo program. Blah just another twist downward spin.

yay for the long weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - sorry I've been a bit absent, my alerts that someone has posted on this page seemed to have stopped for a bit so I didn't realise anyone had been posting until the alerts suddenly started again last night ... weird!

KathCraig - gosh that's hard! May the two weeks go really quick and at the end of that you find all is still on track. There is nothing is terrifying as an indication you might be on the homeward run after all, I really feel for you. Take care of yourself honey.

Frances - your news is really rough too! How is DH taking it? I think Serum can do a thing where they use donor egg, and try with DH's sperm and donor sperm so if DH's doesn't kick in, the donor sperm mean the cycle isn't wasted? Worth a shot? In any event, I happen to know the Serum donor embryos are MARVELLOUS - simply because we donated our leftover embryos from the last cycle My DH is hot, sporty, clever and an all round top bloke! (Lucky me!) You're dipping into a magnificent gene pool there Slight problem with a monobrow ... but nothing a little wax won't fix Big hug to you guys too, its tough every time you have to let go of something in IVF, and being the genetic parent really is the very last thing you want to let go of.

AFM - 10.5 weeks at the mo. Didn't take anti-nausea tablets yesterday and survived! Also managed to eat normal decent food (ok so there were still some cheezels and fruit tingles involved but only because I'm now addicted). Haven't had a bleed in two weeks - THANK YOU FERTILITY GODS!!!! I'm convinced it's because I'm now on a lower level of progesterone so my cervix isn't getting irritated.

I've popped a little belly ... only a little one. But because of the bloating from the progesterone I can't wear anything tight - it actually really limits my wardrobe! Particularly on court days ... how do you accomodate, no fitted skirts/pants/pantyhose with clothes that hide the fact you're wearing nanna knickers because of the pads (needed because of the progesterone), AND meet "respectful" court attire which means suit jacket and no bare legs??? I bought a pair of maternity pants (SO comfortable) but then because my belly is really neglible they started to fall down a bit - now THAT would be undignified! I have a job interview next week (going to make mat leave a condition of taking the job - they're pursuing me after all!) - don't know how to dress for that either! My maternity skirts and pantyhose just aren't quite good enough - ok once everyone knows - but until then, not quite my normal interview standard. Don't want to go buy something that suits the interview but that I'll only be able to wear for another couple of weeks ... First world problems hey!

I had my Harmony test this week - for those that haven't heard of it it is the blood test you do at 10 weeks that checks for three congenital abnormalities (Downs and two others) and can also tell the sex. The results get sent to the US and the results come back two weeks later. We have decided not to find out the sex - we're sticking with the old fashioned way given its the only old fashioned part of this whole process we CAN do! Man its an expensve test! $600! Do they give my little vials of blood their own seat on the plane???

Dette - I totally understand what you are saying about friends having babies. It seems everyone I know has had kids in the time we've been trying! I even don't like holding the babies when some loved up mum means well by thinking that holding their fresh little newbie will make me feel better about/closer to having my own ... And I really AM happy for them, but I'm miserable for myself! And I can't help but be a little bit resentful that its been so easy for them. Not that I would wish this struggle on ANYONE! It's a bizarre conflict to be in, and I'm not quite out of it cos I still don't trust this pregnancy just yet ... I'm also kind of conscious that most of you girls on here are trying and I don't want to make it harder for anyone who struggles to read about other peoples BFP's ... so I am watching and cheering ladies! For each and every one of you! But I don't want to make if harder for anyone to hang out on this thread either ...

Have a lovely weekend ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

Firstly Frances, I'm so sorry. Another blow, I know how hard that is. Just when u feel like u r making progress with going 2 Greece, u get another set back. When we all started out on the journey of wanting 2 b parents none of us imagined the decisions we would have 2 make, the hurdles we would have 2 jump, the letting go of our "perceived" way in which we would become parents. There is grieving of letting go & not having any control. I send u & your hubby love. This is your journey, only u can decide what is best 4 u.

However, I still hope & pray that I will c u in September in Greece!
    i know Serum do do the donor egg & sperm as Vixjc said. We might have 2 do the same also if my hubbies sperm doesn't improve. He's on a course of antibiotics at the moment, 2 c if that helps. We will c. I have also sent off blood this wk 2 them 2 test 2 c if I need 2 do anything as well.

Have u had any tests with serum yet? Have u spoken with them yet, re your concerns?

Vixjc, I can certainly c y u r a lawyer & y u r good at your job!!!! Your description of your granny knickers painted such a picture, it was frightening!
    glad 2 hear though that there has been no bleeds & Ralph is no longer protesting if u eat. Bring on those calmer days, where u actually get 2 enjoy being pregnant, yay. I haven't heard about this blood test u r doing, but it sounds great. I want all the details, so WHEN (being positive) my time comes I can do it 2.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! Sorry to frighten you Dette It ain't a pretty picture! But at least I got the job Kinda feels weird to work for them for 4 or 5 months, then go on a leave for a year! Whatevs - priorities hey! And if they are happy with it, who am I to complain!

Cheering you all on ladies! Got everything crossed for you all. How are you doing Kathcraig? Frances?

Have a lovely weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Vixjc,

just a couple of quick questions. I've sent of my blood sample 2 Serum & they received it today. Wondering what now?
    i presume in a wks time or so they give me results & tell me if I need antibiotics etc.
    then what's the next step? I'm starting to stress, as I feel like I should be more organised; I should have my game plan or something? I'm not even sure if it's safe to book flights? Help, my brain is looping itself!

so how's all with u & Ralph? Have u got results back rom the harmony test you did?

Frances,
    r u alive? R u ok? How r u & hubby now in yr quest or r u taking a step back 4 a bit to regroup?

Kathcraig,
    any news on those possible twins? How r u feeling? When's yr next scan?

panda,
    how r u? Where r u at?

Hope everyone is well, stay in touch girls. Remember, sharing is caring xx