Closed Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Thats no good. Headaches that bad are not good either! I hope someone can help you sooner than later. As long as it hasnt elivated your blood pressure too. Dont leave it if it persists.
    Thanks, mum mentioned something about checking my blood pressure, I will definitely have to talk to either doctors in the next few days.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    You're welcome, but it's not easy, I've been getting severe migraines the last few days. Dr De Ambrosis put me on 8 progynova a day after I had my bleed a few weeks ago. When I went to the chemist today to pick up some more the pharmacist I told her about my headache and she said that the placenta was producing estrogen and that the progynova was probably the cause of my headaches, too much estrogen???

I've called Dr Kanakas to ask him about weaning off, but for the first time ever, his phone is off. I've rang a few ivf buddies who are currently pregnant and they said that I should be weaning off. My O.B is back on Monday and Dr Kanakas said he would be available to skype this sunday when I asked him about clexane last week. So tonight I've taken one instead of two and when I go to bed I'll take one also, I usually take 2, four times a day.

I feel wretched, I was supposed to go to a housewarming party but my head feels like its in a vice grip, im so exhausted from work and now am in my onsie about to watch tv and go to bed super early. I'm playing Dr and weaning off this stuff. . I hope the Drs, once I get in touch with either one, agrees with my weaning off, after all im 12 weeks on Monday.

Yasna
    its public holiday weekend here, all of the city is going away for weekend. That is why I had to go in so early rather than afternoon & also why I had to go with a 3day rather than 5 day transfer because it is closed on Monday. I drew the short straw, it happened once before at a Melbourne clinic on a public holiday, nothing I could do but I know the signs now, people in a rush etc. I guess the general advice to everyone here would be to avoid any public holidays if at all possible.

progynova definitely causes migraine but they only really have the warning if it's the first serious headache you've ever had. The first 5 days I took it I couldn't bear TV, a book anything. The progesterone also causes headache, personally I get dizzy like a migraine aura within one hour of taking it. But I'm super sensitive and absorb these drugs like a sponge. You're nearly out of first trimester so probably fine. Try a paracetamol with hydralyte

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

congrats to to those who have made their decision about which clinic to go to & are now starting meds, tests, etc. it's such an exciting time!!!!!!

Tayto - I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have had such a rough time with your transfer. When it is such a huge effort, expensive & emotional experience to invest in going to Greece, you have every right to expect the up most care & consideration!!!! Public holiday or not - that's extremely poor!
    I only pray that regardless of the beginning, that your beautiful embro's are snuggling in nicely. One of my girlfriends had a similar experience & also had 3 day transfer & she has a beautiful little girl now, so don't loose hope.

Yasns - I went to Serum but I would assume the drug program is similar? I was told to half my progynova week 9 & then completely stop week 10. No wonder you are feeling so crapy if you are week 12 & still taking full dose. I think you are doing the right thing by halving. I hope you feel better soon.

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yasna, the Czech clinic I went to gets us to start weaning off from wk 12 thru to 14 but they're very conservative with their weaning protocol, I agree to start weaning and dropping one here and there over a couple of days, with weaning totally off over a couple of wks
    Last edited by stacey10; 31-05-2015 at 08:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tayto,
    i have recently returned from Embryoland and am shocked too by your experience.

I do agree with your comments regarding him going on about other people. I found it a little frustrating as I was only concerned with what he thought about me.

Regarding the the transfer I had no problems. I drank too much water though and was in pain from that.

What at day in your cycle did he do the transfer? you cons read about my disappointment in earlier threads if you like.

i have to return for a transfer which needs to be exactly 5 days after I ovulate. My FS here just asked me what will happen if it is on Sunday. Now hearing your story I am a bit worried. I will have to check with Dr K.

it is going to cost me a lot to fly back to do another transfer and after the disaster last time I can't afford everything not to be perfect next go.

I hope your bleeding has stopped and you can spend some time relaxing now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kcraig you start progynova day you get your period. Dr Kanakas doesn't suppress cycles so synarel beforehand. Unfortunately it seems the follicle I had interfered with things and overrode the progynova causing me to get a normal period.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano1 - does Dr K not do ET's on a Sunday? Maybe he does and its just the long weekend that has played havoc? Penny did my ET on a Sunday so I would be surprised if Dr K didn't as they both seem equally committed.

I think that tendency to quote stats about other success stories is a style thing, I had an FS here in Oz who did it too (nearly every visit in fact!). It did my head in a bit and I always felt like I was on the end of a sales pitch (not saying Dr K has the same manner mind you, just a comment on my former Oz FS), I didn't care who else he got pregnant so long as he got ME pregnant. Could be my self-absorbed personality . But I know others found it informative and reassuring. Dr K is probably trying to give you confidence on what can be a really nervewracking day. I SO have my fingers crossed that your next trip is a slam dunk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - I don't think I can add anything to the others comments about weaning off the progy. I followed my OB's advice but I can't remember what that was (yep I'm pretty scatty these days). All I know is that I was off everything by about 12-13 weeks so you should be winding down too and hopefully you feel much better very soon. You poor thing, headaches are no fun at all but you're on the cusp of 2nd Tri so let's hope you're a textbook case of feeling awesome throughout the 2nd tri!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls! Im dropping from 8 a day to 4 a day, only had slight headache for a bit today then had a nap and i was ok..im sure ill be fine, but im glad last nght and today no migranes!

im so crampy though the last 4 days...owchie, but im think its probably growing pains...my nuchal scan is in 3 sleeps!

When did all you mums find out what sex your baby was? Im hoping to see at the nuchal scan but i think that is wishful thinkin.....im dying to know and sick of saying "it" ive done the bicarb and urine test and it says girl...my psychic friend put her hand over my belly and said boy...few of my friends are saying she...im so keen to know!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Yasna; 31-05-2015 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna we didn't find out till he was born, even though the NIPT test could tell us we chose not to know. EVERYONE (and I really do mean everyone and every wives tale test) said we were having a girl, but I thought it was a boy, turns out mum knows best! ;-). Exciting times!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (31-05-2015)