Closed Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heading to Greece Sept/Oct.

Hey there guys I am new to this however also planning on going to greece end of september! I have also just been through 5 rounds of Ivf with Icsi nil success. I am going to have my tubes removed next month also as Dr K suggested. I am lucky to have three teens however I remarried in Feb 2014 and want to have a baby with my new husband. I am also 44. Very excited after my skype sessions but still nervous.
    If anyone can answer how long before did you start your meds. I have a great Dr on the coast assisting me with the scripts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Hey there guys I am new to this however also planning on going to greece end of september! I have also just been through 5 rounds of Ivf with Icsi nil success. I am going to have my tubes removed next month also as Dr K suggested. I am lucky to have three teens however I remarried in Feb 2014 and want to have a baby with my new husband. I am also 44. Very excited after my skype sessions but still nervous.
    If anyone can answer how long before did you start your meds. I have a great Dr on the coast assisting me with the scripts.
    I have pregnant brain so i cant remember much, but once your period starts i think the meds start? Ask Dr Kanakas, he is happy to answer any silly questions, i called him all the time, but try not to call around lunch there since hes probably doing tansfers. Or wait around here im sure someone will answer soon...Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kcraig - I was with a different clinic so can't be sure about Dr K's approach, Yasna and the other E'land girls will be your best guide on that, but I suspect it will depend in part on your personal medical history. In my case (due to adenomyosis) I go on a Zolodex implant to downregulate me at least one month before the ET will occur. It works a treat for me and is way better than having to remember to take synarel :-D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I don't know about everyone else, but that was the roughest transfer I have ever received. It was at 7am because this is bank holiday weekend in Greece and I bled straight after in the bathroom and more by time I got home. I've had 4 unguided at CFC and 4 perfect ultrasound guided at Monash that were a breeze in comparison. While dr k is very personable & keeps rattling off various stats of 45/6/7/8/9 year olds getting pregnant, that is not particularly relevant to me. I am happy for these women don't get me wrong but to be honest focusing on the case in hand would inspire more confidence in me. I'm just a bit frustrated because that was more like a vet operating this morning than a dr.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tayto For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tayto
    Thats horrible I hope you are ok! This is the first bad thing I have read. Has anyone else had bad experience? How many did you have put back Tayto? I have fingers crossed for you after travelling all that way.

Thanks Yasna congrats thats awesome for you fingers crossed your journey now is easy.
    Last edited by kcraig; 30-05-2015 at 18:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Tayto, that's such a shame! My experience at Genesis with an internal ultrasound was similar and it was so offputting!

I hope you're feeling ok now and that the ET produces a successful result that will make you forget all about the ET itself. Big hug xxx. Has Dr K commented on the bleeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayto View Post
    Well I don't know about everyone else, but that was the roughest transfer I have ever received. It was at 7am because this is bank holiday weekend in Greece and I bled straight after in the bathroom and more by time I got home. I've had 4 unguided at CFC and 4 perfect ultrasound guided at Monash that were a breeze in comparison. While dr k is very personable & keeps rattling off various stats of 45/6/7/8/9 year olds getting pregnant, that is not particularly relevant to me. I am happy for these women don't get me wrong but to be honest focusing on the case in hand would inspire more confidence in me. I'm just a bit frustrated because that was more like a vet operating this morning than a dr.
    Wow that sounds weird, he didn't do an ultrasound guided transfer? He did for me? That seems strange? When Dr Kanakas did my transfer I was busy talking to the embryologist and before I knew it, he was already inside my uterus, I didn't feel a thing. Then I looked up on the screen and showed me as he put my embryos inside me. I had no bleeding after transfer.

He does like to tell you about all his positive outcomes, I think to reassure you. He was very focused on me and even after transfer he asked me to come back a few days later to check if my lining had gone down. He always asked how I was and seemed to have a vested interest in me. I'm horrified that you compared him to a Vet, he is far from that. He is kind, gentle and caring.

I hope that even though it might seem like a bad transfer to you, that you have a positive outcome. I wish you all the best. I will stand by Dr Kanakas and will be travelling to Greece in the future to retrieve my frosties one day. I have faith in him, hes the most sympathetic IVF doctor I've come across. After all I was there, I am pregnant and I am happy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayto View Post
    Oh my goodness. That sounds awful. I just hope that you have a great positive result. I haven't heard anything like this about Dr Kanakas before. I hope you're experience only improves from this point onwards. Take care and look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kcraig View Post
    Tayto
    Thats horrible I hope you are ok! This is the first bad thing I have read. Has anyone else had bad experience? How many did you have put back Tayto? I have fingers crossed for you after travelling all that way.

Thanks Yasna congrats thats awesome for you fingers crossed your journey now is easy.
    You're welcome, but it's not easy, I've been getting severe migraines the last few days. Dr De Ambrosis put me on 8 progynova a day after I had my bleed a few weeks ago. When I went to the chemist today to pick up some more the pharmacist I told her about my headache and she said that the placenta was producing estrogen and that the progynova was probably the cause of my headaches, too much estrogen???

I've called Dr Kanakas to ask him about weaning off, but for the first time ever, his phone is off. I've rang a few ivf buddies who are currently pregnant and they said that I should be weaning off. My O.B is back on Monday and Dr Kanakas said he would be available to skype this sunday when I asked him about clexane last week. So tonight I've taken one instead of two and when I go to bed I'll take one also, I usually take 2, four times a day.

I feel wretched, I was supposed to go to a housewarming party but my head feels like its in a vice grip, im so exhausted from work and now am in my onsie about to watch tv and go to bed super early. I'm playing Dr and weaning off this stuff. . I hope the Drs, once I get in touch with either one, agrees with my weaning off, after all im 12 weeks on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats no good. Headaches that bad are not good either! I hope someone can help you sooner than later. As long as it hasnt elivated your blood pressure too. Dont leave it if it persists.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (30-05-2015)