Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Hey guys
    Positano it is so much money! It only hurt for a sec to pay that much to fly there. Like pulling a bandaid off quickly😬 I just hope that I have a great result. But we are so in need of a holiday with renovating a house, as well as the couple of really disheartening cycles of ivf we did. But we are really really lucky in so many ways as well. So always smiling. Well 99% of the time anyway.

Hope everything is fantastic over there for you at the moment wet setter.

Would you all recommend to just stay at the president hotel? It seems so convenient and easy.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are going great guns. And enjoying it.
    Take care. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Hey Kimmymichel - personally I didn't like The President (I only stayed there one night in November '13 when I was at the first clinic I tried and flew back from Istanbul for an ET). I found it tired, the wifi was expensive, the rooms were small, bathrooms scruffy and the breakfast quite ordinary - but the roofbar was great and the food up there was good. It seems Yasna had a good experience there though - maybe they put you in a better room if you're been referred by Dr K, and maybe they've fixed the breakfast since I went there. It's certainly very handy to E'land clinic. I really liked being in an apartment last time (serum is close to E'land so I stayed in the same area), but on our trips we've also stayed at both 'Electra' hotels, and also The Central Hotel, and they were good (particularly the Electra Grand) and were in central Athens. It's only two stops on the train, a 15 min walk or short cab ride from the centre of Athens to the clinic, so it depends whether you'd prefer to be doing short trips to get to the clinic, or short trips to get to the main tourist/shopping/historical/restaurant areas. If you're making quite a holiday of it, then personally I would stay in the main part of Athens and catch a cab to the clinic. Having said that, last time I loved being on the doorstep of Serum, so stress free! But I had been to Athens a few times by then so wasn't as interested in the sights ... Planning everything is all so exciting!!! Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much vixjc.

That was so much awesome information. I could hug you. ☺️ I'll look into those places. We want to make a bit of a holiday out of the trip. So your post helped a lot.
    The planning is fun and looking forward to a holiday is such a good feeling.
    There's so many emotions. It's hard to contain them all and focus at work.
    Anyway. Thanks again. And I hope all is well with you and your family. Xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Plaka hotel is also awesome and has a lovely roof top bar/area as well

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed

i have a possibility of a donor here in Australia, does anyone know what the costs would be having a DE here.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hey Kimmymichel - personally I didn't like The President (I only stayed there one night in November '13 when I was at the first clinic I tried and flew back from Istanbul for an ET) I stayed for the whole week and a bit while I was there, the staff were wonderful and informative about where to go, shop, eat and I wanted to be close to Dr Kanakas I found it tired,I found it was fine, I had a big room, the lobby looks glamorous and the door guys open doors for you and help you with luggage the wifi was expensive the wifi was only 15euro for 24 hours, cheaper than the bill I got using my phone until I realised that the wifi was so cheap, oh and you can use the wifi in the lobby and the restaurant the rooms were small, my room was massive, long and had a great view of the city of Athens bathrooms scruffy Sure it wasnt brand new, but it was clean and tidy, toilet worked and shower pressure was ok, wouldnt say scruffy, Id say average and the breakfast quite ordinary I enjoyed the european style breakfast; eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, bacon and a glass of plain yoghurt and delicious bread rolls, but i'm not a fussy eater, I still to this day have the same for brekky most days, without the feta, since Im feta paranoid now- but the roofbar was great and the food up there was good.I only went up there on my last day to take some selfies, didnt really care for it, the pool looked amazing and I was annoyed that it was so cold I couldnt sunbake next to it It seems Yasna had a good experience there though she I made friends with a receptionist and she helped me with so many things to do and where to eat etc maybe they put you in a better room if you're been referred by Dr Kanakas I only told them after I inspected the room and agreed to stay there, then they said how much it was and I said I could get a discount since I was a patient of Embryoland and maybe they've fixed the breakfast since I went there. It's certainly very handy to Embryoland clinic.I went to Greece to make a baby, the holiday was extra, so I liked that The President Hotel was literally 100 steps away from Embryoland, Dr Nikos Kanakas' clinic, so handy. I really liked being in an apartment last time (serum is close to Embryoland so I stayed in the same area), but on our trips we've also stayed at both 'Electra' hotels, and also The Central Hotel, and they were good (particularly the Electra Grand Apparently these are in the 'bad' parts of town, the central of Athens is scary at night, where I stayed is kinda trendy with young people and regular locals running around, I felt safe and were in central Athens. It's only two stops on the train I never caught a train, only used my 'brother' cab driver everywhere, why be stingy when your'e already spending so much money, plus he was a great tour guide, and being on my own, he was great company, a cab ride to central Athens was about 5 euro max from The President a 15 min walk or short cab ride from the centre of Athens to the clinic, so it depends whether you'd prefer to be doing short trips to get to the clinic, or short trips to get to the main tourist/shopping/historical/restaurant areas i preferred going to the sights and being close to my doctor, I was there for one reason, to make a baby, the tourist crap was a bonus If you're making quite a holiday of it, then personally I would stay in the main part of Athens and catch a cab to the clinic I had guys stalking me at night near central Athens creepy, but saying that I was alone and I am quite sexy haha Having said that, last time I loved being on the doorstep of Serum, so stress free! But I had been to Athens a few times by then so wasn't as interested in the sights ... Planning everything is all so exciting!!! Good luck!
    My opinion is be close to your doctor, you're not there to see the sights, after transfer its a good idea to do some touristy stuff since its relaxing and takes your mind off the transfer and you can get the blood flowing and walk around and enjoy Athens. Apartments are a good idea if you are with someone, and the apartments arent in a seedy part of town. I was alone and felt safe at a big hotel like The President, and always had someone to talk to (receptionist, door guy, my taxi driver), also there are so many places nearby to eat and drink and i even got my hair done across the road from The President.

Prices for flights will be a rip off high season, but hey? If you want it now, go! Why wait, i didnt care how much the flight costed, that was the last of my worries, i was more worried about my ****ty lining, I flew on a 6mm lining !! it would be nicer weather in September, not as hot, but its a personal choice. If im lucky enough to have a this baby, I will go to Greece again for my frosties in July for my birthday when its winter here and sunbake and enjoy the warm weather, I hate the cold, I froze my booty off when I was there and caught a cold. I've spent thousands on ivf, its not the money, its the emotional stress that kills you. Follow your heart not your pocket. Money is only materialistic, having a baby means the world to most of us !!!

Im sure researching hotels and apartments is fun for some, but I took the easy way. Used a hotel close to Embryoland which was paramount to me. Being close to the shopping circuit was not important, which to be honest, is the same crap shops over and over, especially in Monastiraki. When I go back I'll be doing the islands again Mikanos, Santorini etc. Forget the tourist crap shops and enjoy the sunshine and food.

My 3 cents worth, scan tomorrow

Good luck to everyone and I hope I dont sound like a looney, Im just really sexually frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Yasna! You and I give meaning to the saying 'horses for courses' :-). Between us we give this thread balance :-)))

I would not have thought those central parts of Athens were the bad part of town, although being the cbd/ touristy areas you do have to watch out for the usual mischief, no doubt your cabbie has heard some awful stories over the years though so it's not for me to disagree.

I found walking down Ermou (a main shopping street and the location of one of the Electra hotels) is like walking down Bourke St, all the crowds made me feel safer, (mind you when I was there on my own I didn't wander around at night but wouldn't do that here either) but that's just me - I spooked more near the clinic because the streets (excluding the two main ones) were quieter and darker so I felt more vulnerable on my own.

So many decisions on this journey hey! We'll all have our slightly different experience but let's hope we all get lovely chubby bubba's as our result :-) Enjoy ladies! Either way, you know the food will be awesome!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmymichell View Post
    Hey guys
    Positano it is so much money! It only hurt for a sec to pay that much to fly there. Like pulling a bandaid off quickly������ I just hope that I have a great result. But we are so in need of a holiday with renovating a house, as well as the couple of really disheartening cycles of ivf we did. But we are really really lucky in so many ways as well. So always smiling. Well 99% of the time anyway.

Hope everything is fantastic over there for you at the moment wet setter.

Would you all recommend to just stay at the president hotel? It seems so convenient and easy.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are going great guns. And enjoying it.
    Take care. Xxx
    Hi
    I am here at present. Weather is quite pleasant, actually rained today so not too hot at all. Regarding where you stay, all depends on kind of traveller you are.
    I prefer independent thing so I am in an apartment I got thru Airbnb. It's 15 mins from the clinic, has a view of Lycabettus with wifi. Athens is dirt cheap.
    you can get a sim for your mobile for 5e get credit and data for another couple of euro.
    I am here with husband & got lunch for 2 for 7e not far from dr K clinic and dinner with drink at very nice restaurant near Syntagma for 30e. Most places have no problem speaking English.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restau...a.html#MAPVIEW
    It was recommended by a pal & it is fab.
    Athens centre is quite small really and is very walkable even from up near the clinic. The only dramas are with the Romany & some African touts in the tourist trap areas like Monistiraki etc. ,just ignore them.
    Athens is a bit gritty I guess compared to anywhere in Oz, more comparable to Marseille or a better version of Naples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tayto,

lovely to hear from you.

Kymmy I agree with Tayto - it all depends what kind of traveller you are I guess.

We stayed at the Athens Lotus Hotel in Metaxourghio. I can't recommend it highly enough. Small, great staff, new, clean and super easy to get around either on foot or on the metro.

Check out the metro map for an idea of where things are. For Embryoland we got off at Panormou and walked.

The first time we did the sperm sample (done at our hotel) I insisted on a taxi but traffic wasn't great and I sat panicking about the time. The second time we just got the metro and it was fine.

When I go again I will be on my own so probably will stay in the area near the clinic. There are not many restaurants or shops around Metaxourghio, which wasn't a problem when I was with my boyfriend, but on my own I would prefer not to be trapsing about at night.

For us it was a wonderful holiday, which now feels like a honeymoon.

Getting around Athens is incredibly easy, no need for a taxi.

As for costs of travel right now. Yasna I agree the emotional cost is enormous, but as a student with virtually no income and my boyfriend having just spent thousands I feel like I now need to somehow produce from thin air at least the bulk of my airfare. And waiting until September is just out of the question for me. I want my baby inside me now, after such disappointment and such wait to get there the first time.

Good luck Tayto I wish you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beagie in order to receive private messages you need to login to Bubhub from the Internet not the app. Go into settings then general settings then you will see a box where you tick private messaging on or off. You also need to say whether to receive messages from anyone or just contacts. Good luck!