Closed Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kymmy,

great news

can I ask what price you found for flights? I'm wanting to go on those days too but I can only see flights for about $2500 this is about $1000 more than we just paid. I don't want to wait anymore, considering I should be pregnant now, but finances might force me to

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Hi Pisitano1

We are booking flights right now actually. They seem to have gone up in the last week. 😩 we are looking at ethihad and it's $5058 for both of us. Leaving on 29th June and coming home on the 15th. I think this is the most expensive time of the year to go over but it will be worth it. Fingers crossed for both of us.
    I hope you find a decent flight price. Let me know how you are going. Xxx
    Last edited by kymmymichell; 24-05-2015 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What have people done about booking flights? Makes me very nervous to think we have to wait until just before (ie when donor starts meds)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kalemera from athens (good morning)

chillout i booked mine with the view that the dates might change so i went with emirates who had $300 change and $500 cancellation, i figured that gave me some flexibility if the dates changed , etihad didnt at the time from what i can gather the rates change all the time. my travel insurance would have covered the costs anyway so its a good idea to look into that to give you peice of mind in advance. i did leave mine til 3 weeks before i left but i think that was more about fully committing to doing this. now i am in greece whatever hapens will happen, its out of my control but at least i went for it instead of being at home googling and procrastinating about it. all the best in your planning, i did mine on spreadsheets cos i felt there was so much to do before i left.

i would like to share a lovely story, i went to a church service in athens on sunday morning (im not particularly religious but i do have some faith) and a little girl sat behind me with her father (she was about 3 and ohh so cute) and throughout the wholeservice she was pattinh my back, my hair and then coming to my side and smiling at me. Not sure if it is the drugs, lack of sleep or the ambience in the church it really was so lovely and I felt a tug in my heart. Warm wishes to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wet setter

What a sweet story. I hope you're having a wonderful time. I can't wait to get there.
    Wishing you so much good luck. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Wetsetter I LOVE that story, bless the little sweetheart!! Hope the trip continues with that beautiful vibe and you come home with some very special excess baggage xx

Chillout71, I told Penny well in advance the dates I could be there and said they weren't flexible, she timed everything to ensure I would be able to receive a transfer in that timeframe. This time round it'll be FET for me so I'll book flights for Sept in the next couple of weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have fun in the sun you gorgeous girls in Greece now !!! and may the Gods/Goddesses bless you all !! Greece is the land of fertility for me !!!

Wetsetter what a cute story and wonderful omen. I went to every church I could find in Greece and lit candles and prayed, this comforted me somewhat and gave me the faith to go through this whole process. The essence of believing in the spirits kept me comforted and not feeling so alone. I'm still praying for a successful ending. Mum thinks im brainwashed after I told her I was thinking of getting baptised, mums father was orthodox, I told her I was thinking of baptising my dog too and she laughed.

Going for my 11 week paranoia scan on Wednesday, I bought a doppler and I havent been able to find a heart beat, but my cousin who is a seasoned ivf veteran found it briefly for 2 seconds today, a galloping sound apparently.

Good luck and enjoy your 'vacations'....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is a lot Kymmy. Prices have certainly gone up. We did go at an ideal time - warm weather, no crowds and cheap flights and hotels.

i really want to go for my next cycle which might mean heading over around second week of July but flights are getting up to $3000.

I know now once I'm pregnant the cost of the flight will be irrelevant but right now we have just spent a lot! September would be the next best time but there is no way I can wait until then.

i had a great visit with my FS today and he has no doubt I will get pregnant and agrees with everything Dr Nikos has done and next time we will do a natural cycle with a transfer 5 days after ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everybody

Things have been so crazy busy, I have not been able to post. I get email updates though and have been keep up with what's going on!

Positano: To answer your question, yes they did blood work to test my progesterone levels and I was not absorbing enough. But, my eggs were so crappy, everyone agreed that it was not worth doing another cycle with my eggs and increased progesterone therapy. They all suggested DE and at that time, we were not ready for that.

To all who are in Greece now: This is typically a nice time of year to be there. Weather nice and it is before the throngs of people hit for the high Summer season. Enjoy your time. Stay relaxed and think positive! I wish you all the best!

Regarding the flights issue, we plan on going in September and the difference in the cost of flights is significant. Just a week earlier is $2200 + US per person. The dates I've been looking at (end of Aug/begin Sept) are running about $900 US per person. I know that in the end if we succeed costs wont matter, but we spent alot the first time around on IVFs and I want to make sure we will be able to go back for another cycle if need be. I really feel that money on airfare is a waste when a few weeks later its so much more reasonable!

I'm still waiting for my period. I have never gone this long without a period before! This is just unbelievable! I just sent an email off to Dr. K to see if he suggests I get a scripts or what. So frustrating.....

Spoke to my sister-in-law and she said her 50 y/o friend who is pregnant with twins from DE IVF at Embryoland is doing well. She's about 12 weeks now or so. Hey Yasna, maybe you guys were there at the same time..... You may have seen or met each other. What a small world!

I don't know if you guys have all the same television shows we have here, but on a reality show called Shahs of Sunset a 43 y/o single woman went to the doctor to see if she was able to get pregnant. He did an US, saw follicles and told her it looks good. He then did a blood test and told her that her eggs were about 10 years younger than her. She was going on and on about how happy she was that she can still get pregnant, blah, blah, blah. I wanted to throw something at my TV! I was in my mid to late 30's, the blood test said I had plenty of reserve....any my eggs were crappy and useless! How dumb to announce on TV that a 43 y/o woman wont have a problem getting pregnant. This is what's wrong with the world today and why alot of women wait thinking its all no problem. At 43, I don't care how "young" her eggs are (which is ridiculous since the doc has not retrieved and analyzed her eggs), her chances are minimal. Hollywood must have a vested interest in all the IVF clinics because they certainly perpetuate the false narrative that its easy to get pregnant in the 40's and beyond. Add this one to all the movie stars who don't announce its DE and the young girls think this is all no problem. UUGGHH!!

Anyway, enough ranting! Its a holiday here and a beautiful day. We're taking the dog to the park and having a BBQ later.

Sending you all baby dust and good wishes!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with Yasna it really is a beautiful time to be here, it is hotter than I expected for this time of year. I would suggest holding out (if u can) until early autumn (sept) as Athens is largely concrete and would get so hot! And flights/accom will be cheaper too.