Closed Thread
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Did he check progesterone levels with a blood test before transfer? I was on 1000mg utrogestan per day none of the oral as it doesn't work as well, you maybe sadly one of the ladies that doesn't absorb pessaries or gel very well and it may pay to use pio next time, I would get to your gp asap and see if they can do a progesterone level check to see what it is Also next time before your transfer get them to check your level so progesterone can be adjusted if needed.
    What is Pio?

he didn't see any point doing progesterone test now. He suggests doing a mock cycle next month and testing levels around day 19.

He does think I might not be absorbing the crinone as my only transfer with my own eggs my period came before I got to do pregnancy test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for doing the roll call Vixjc! Really useful.

Positano I have all fingers and toes crossed for you I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'm sure we all got kind of used to disappointments with OE IVF and it's easy to expect DE IVF to just work straight away and if it doesn't it must be doubly hard. Thinking of you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have a Skype appointment with Nikos this coming Sunday.

I have found a fs Dr. Lawrence who is very supportive of us going to Greece and is doing all my tests.

Been waiting for my period to come to track my cycle and its 8 days late (not pregnant) but thinking menopause is starting 😪

Will keep you posted how we go.

Good vibes and wishes to everyone on here 💓

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Positano, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I just want you to keep on with all your medications as I had a really heavy bleed about the same time on my first Ivf cycle and was told by my Ivf clinic to stop progesterone and expect my period. But my naturopath said NO, keep going until you have it confirmed with a blood test, and she was right, I was pregnant! I had one embryo transferred but this split and I lost one bubba really early which is why I bled heavily. My hcg levels actually dropped after my first blood test, but then went up again due to the early loss, I've read they call it a vanishing twin. My other little bubba made it to 38 weeks, but we lost him sadly, he was stillborn. I have my little angel watching down on me now, he was a miracle when everyone else apart from my naturopath had given up on him. Don't give up hope. If it is bad news, keep going, we are all here to support each other. Sending you big hugs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a Skype appointment with Nikos this coming Sunday.

I have found a fs Dr. Lawrence who is very supportive of us going to Greece and is doing all my tests.

Been waiting for my period to come to track my cycle and its 8 days late (not pregnant) but thinking menopause is starting 😪

Will keep you posted how we go.

Good vibes and wishes to everyone on here 💓
    Hi Sharon - if that is the Doc Lawrence with Monash who has rooms in Glen Waverly and Malvern, he did my first 5 ivf cycles, he's lovely. If it's his identical twin brother, then he's done a d&c for me (when his brother was on hols) and he was lovely too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano pio is progesterone in oil, it's the injections, and it's definitely worth having your progesterone level checked that way you will know if your body isn't absorbing the progesterone, better to know now I would think rather than mucking around with a mock cycle, as the other ladies have said, keep up with your meds, it's still important to have your blood test as this will show if any implantation has happened and of course your progesterone level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning on asking about Pio for my next cycle, I have to use so many pessaries (8/day) and even with that my blood tests show really low progesterone. I HATE pessaries with a passion for all the reasons Yasna so eloquently described - 'juicy wetness', hit the nail right on its disgusting head. I understand the injections hurt like the devil, but it's only for three months, I can suck it up if I can avoid pessaries (which I'm also convinced irritated my cervix and caused some bleeding).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beagle - firstly, congratulations!

I think there must be some kind of injectable you can get in Aust because my FS made reference to it once, unfortunately I don't know any more about it, hopefully your Aus Dr's get back to you soon with some answers. If you get desperate, post again and let me know, I have a pharmacist friend I can ask.

Enjoy your trip :-D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Beagie  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the roll call Vixjc! It's amazing how well read this thread is! I'm so glad to be part of it... it is my life line!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beagle you can get the injections but only from a sterile compounding chemist which is hard to find, your best bet is to email penny and see if she can contact the clinic in Spain who is doing your hcg test and see if they will sell you some or get her to send a script through to fertility2u and they will send them in to Australia for you.
    vixjc could you update the roll to put in Embio (the stay away from clinic) I've not had any treatment at serum but hoping to be able to have a lining scan there when in athens before my fet in Czech (phew) lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Beagie  (20-05-2015)