Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Relais! Thanks for the great post! It makes me wonder how many more ladies like you are lurking out there?? (If you are reading this... please join in and share your journey. Your info and experiences are quite useful to others).

Relais - Your journey really touched me as we have a similar story... I also was a late starter... it has taken me a couple of years to get my head around donor eggs... but here I am...

I am beginning to wonder if I should have gone with Embryoland... they sound so good!!! The clinic I have chosen also has rave reviews on other forums... so I guess I will soon find out.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Relais !! Nice to read your story, sounds similar to mine, but you took longer to go the egg donor route, you're more stubborn than me !! I went 9 rounds with my own eggs before realizing enough is enough !!! Emotionally and financially I'd had enough, and being single too it wasnt easy saving, borrowing money on my home loan wasnt fun, but sure will be worth it if bubz comes along this year..
    Twins !! You lucky ducky, two for the price of one !!!! I hope everything goes well for all of us, and personally I pray I give birth to a beautiful healthy baby, then perhaps take mum for a holiday to Greece in the summer and take baby with me and use my left over embryos to make a brother or sister. A girl can dream...

I got stopped by Greek immigration because of my bronze statue of Priapus, he was wrapped tightly in beautiful Greek paper, after unwrapping him, there was a lot of laughter and i giggled shamelessly since I was proud of him. Hes a fertility god, google image it, he sits in my lounge room now. I think hes funny, and gave me good luck.

I'm glad you all like Dr Kanakas, I think his heart is in the right place and he really enjoys his job, unlike some money hungry mafia type doctors who are just after money. Who are fake and nice and professionally incompetent. I think Dr Kanakas gets his joy from seeing us pregnant and having babies..I asked him when I should come for my next transfer he said to me in his lovely accent " NO, NO ! please just wait for this one, wait until 12 weeks, I worry so much about you, just wait !!!"....

I'm glad you had a giggle Kymmy, everyone is so serious and stressed, might as well have a laugh, no point in being sad and worried. Life is beautiful and if it doesnt work the first time, you try again, using donor eggs is not like crappy eggs we had, they are young and ready, unlike myself who was partying and dancing the night away not thinking of children until i hit 40 and went, oops ? I think I better have a baby! I had a toy boy 12 years younger than me who was not keen on making babies, so I did it alone. It was a lonely journey but my Mother and friends were great support, much like now...they keep telling me not to stress and I keep thinking its too good to be true, hence my weekly scans, and soon to buy a doppler so i can keep a track of the heart rate. A friend I met on here lost he baby at 35 weeks because the placenta was wrapped around the baby, if you have a doppler, you can hear if the heartbeat increases or decreases, telling you if there are any problems. Once the placenta is wrapped around baby, the heartbeat slows down and baby dies. So I'm getting one ASAP. Wow that was a bit depressing, but I'm being extra cautious, this is a precious package and I want it to be in my arms at the end of the year.

Ok, I've inserted my precious pessary and am now lying down with knickers full of tissues about to watch an episode of Orphan Black, I love that mini series !!

Keep strong girls and remember, I'm always here if you want to PM and chat, im very friendly and will answer any questions you have. Though I think I've said more than enough on here...

Enjoy your holiday in Greece girls, its a special place. Home of the ancient Gods and Goddesses, believe in them and they will give you good luck and fortune.

Until I spam again, my love and good luck to all of you.

Yassas from Yasna

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've now narrowed down to 2 clinics - serum and reprofit - there is so much on here about embryoland, can those ladies who have been to serum let me know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Yasana your posts are still cracking me up. Lol I think the progesterone is going to start coming out my ears. I'm still using my Greek stash ones, yes buy up so much cheaper there.
    Such good news on your scan.

Ive got got so much to read back on welcome to the new ladies

Its been my first week back at work zzzzz so tired.

Back for personals later on

5. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s time for roll call!

Now I’ve never done one of these before, so I do apologise if I’ve missed someone or got any info wrong, this thread is so long now I know I’ve missed info as I’ve scanned through. If you would like me to update your info just let me know, here goes …

@brimrush – 6 x OE ivf cycles, 43 years, visiting Embryoland in July ‘15

@CherryCP – 45 yrs, 2 x OE ivf cycles, going to Iakentro/Newlife in Sept ‘15

@Chillout71 – 4 x OE ivf cycles, deciding between Serum and ReProfit

@Dette – multiple OE ivf cycles, 1st DE cycle with DH sperm at Serum
    (miscarriage, 2nd cycle at Serum with DE and DS, pregnant with twins, due Dec ’15.

@francesthecat – 36 yrs, 9 x OE ivf cycles, 1st DE cycle at Serum = chem, 2nd DE cycle at Serum pregnant and due Dec ‘15

@kimmymichell – visiting Embryoland in July ‘15

@Jamellabeth – going to ? clinic in Sept ‘15

@justcantstop (USA) – 47yrs, multiple OE ivf cycles, visiting Embryoland in ?

@Kathcraig – 3 x OE ivf cycles at Embryoland, 1 x DE cycle Embryoland. Pregnant with triplets, due Nov ’15?

@MrsJT – going to Embryoland Sept ‘15

@panda1454 – multiple OE ivf cycles, visited Embryoland, pregnant with twins, due Nov ‘15

@Positano1 – going to Embryoland May 15, in TWW …

@Pussykins – visited Embryoland, pregnant and due August ‘15

@Rachel70 – 44 yrs, 3 x OE ivf cycles, intending to visit Embryoland? in ?

@Relais – multiple OE ivf cycles, visited Embryoland, pregnant with twins due in Oct ‘15

@SharonG – 45 yrs, (3 grown daughters), visiting Embryoland in ?

@stacey10 – doing DE in Czech Republic (but just likes to hang with us Greece babes :-D), and has some procedures at Serum.

@Tayto – 8 x OE ivf cycles, due to visit Embryoland in June ‘15

@Vixjc – 41 yrs, 6 x OE ivf cycles, 1 x DE at Genesis (miscarriage), 1 x DE at Serum , DS born Dec ’14. Due to try for Baby no.2 in Sept 15 at Serum

@Wetsetter – 3 x OE ivf cycles (with PGD), intending to visit ? in ? for DE cycle

@Yasna – multiple OE ivf cycles, 1 x DE at Embryoland, pregnant and due Dec ’15?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    I've now narrowed down to 2 clinics - serum and reprofit - there is so much on here about embryoland, can those ladies who have been to serum let me know?
    Hopefully the roll call will help to identify who has gone/is going where - certainly Embryoland is very popular on this thread and rightly so! But as you know from Fertility Friends, Serum IVF is also great.

I'll be at Serum in the first week or two of Sept, it feels like I was only just there doing my first cycle and babbling away on the April '14 cycling buddies thread about how awesome it all was :-D, time really does fly! I want to take Thomas (and hopefully his sibling(s)) back to Serum one day. You would have to think that for people like Penny, Dr Kanakas, and Ruth Pellow, the most rewarding part of the job would be meeting the families you have helped to build? What amazing people they are.

Good luck to those cycling or in the 2ww!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (19-05-2015),stacey10  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hopefully the roll call will help to identify who has gone/is going where - certainly Embryoland is very popular on this thread and rightly so! But as you know from Fertility Friends, Serum IVF is also great.

I'll be at Serum in the first week or two of Sept, it feels like I was only just there doing my first cycle and babbling away on the April '14 cycling buddies thread about how awesome it all was :-D, time really does fly! I want to take Thomas (and hopefully his sibling(s)) back to Serum one day. You would have to think that for people like Penny, Dr Kanakas, and Ruth Pellow, the most rewarding part of the job would be meeting the families you have helped to build? What amazing people they are.

Good luck to those cycling or in the 2ww!
    Thanks for the roll call great job xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc lol I've had treatment at Embio in athens bfn and love hanging out with the Greek babes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got back last night. Today is 6 days after 5 day transfer and I'm spotting quite a lot. I keep trying to pretend it's not real. I can't believe after such a magical trip and having two perfect AA grade embryos in it hasn't worked. And after all the recent successful pregnancies. Just crushed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Positano I so know that feeling - it is heartbreaking. That happened to me and I thought the spotting was far too much and the wrong timing for implantation bleed, but it turned out I was pregnant and my little man arrived safe and sound. It's not over till the pee stick sings so be kind to yourself in the meantime until you know for sure x

Big hugs and truckloads of babydust to you xxx