Closed Thread
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Such lovely news @Yasna, congratulations :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to you all,

I hope its not too late to join this thread?
    I have been reading the posts for a few days now and I have to say that you all seem so lovely and caring and full of information. My name is Kymmy and my partner and I have also come to the conclusion that egg doner is the only way forward for us. We also see Wazza in Brissy although have seen more of his lovely co worker Dr Mooring.
    We are going to Embryoland hopefully aiming for the end of July. Loving Dr Kanakas. We are very excited and just can't wait. Your photos and experiences absoloutley make me even more excited.
    I just wanted to pop in and say Hi so I dont feel like such a stalker.

Wishing everyone so much luck and love.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hi kymmy

Hi Kymmy! Welcome! It's never too late to join in. Sounds like you are all set for July! You probably know this... but don't leave it too late in July as some clinics close in August. Keep us posted. All the best!

CherryCP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kimmy! I'll be over at Embryoland mid July with my husband, just had dates confirmed so flights booked! My hubby has to fly back to Australia before me but we've managed to both fly out together and we can now use fresh sperm (thinking we may have had to use frozen as timings were tight), but all looking good now, so excited! Good luck with your journey, may see you there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Yasna!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the congrats girls !!! but as you all might know, I'm ever so scared and paranoid, I'll be going mid week for another scan to clear my mind and at 11 weeks and neucal scan and then I'll probably buy a dopler, mum suggested one, let me know if you know of any good brands???..i had some twinges today, felt uncomfortable, but no bleeding or anything..probably growing pains..heheh...

Welcome fellow stalker Kymmy !!! I hear Dr Mooring is a good doctor most of the QFG Docs are good. My o.b is Alex Alexander, a lovely Lebanese guy whos serious but caring and friendly at the same time, I trust him explicitly and he will be my doctor when and if I go to Greece again.

I think you will be very happy with Dr Kanakas, I took an instant liking to him within 5 min of talking to him and having your doctor available to talk to WHENEVER you need him is a very assuring and a positive thing! Im so jealous of all you girls going in July when the sun will be shining and you can all lie around sunbaking and enjoying Greece..I froze my booty off in March !!!!

Please use my cab driver, I cant recommend him more highly! He will take you to the best food places, not the touristy crap overpriced joints..

I wish you all the best of luck with scans and plans and baby making !!! I'm going on Wednesday hopefully for a scan and tomorrow I start cutting back on my Provera, Dr Wazza put me in it, I dont like taking it, since Dr Kanakas doesnt want me on it, but Dr Alex has told me to start weening. Cant wait to be DRUG free in a few weeks !! I'll be 12 weeks ! mama mia !!! !! I'm sick of pessaries, up my booty up my coochie, alternating for different occasions..hahahah. I just think of Jason Statham and they slide in no problem!

Anyway, my stomach is so bloated and fat looking a lady said im having a girl? I've seemed to gained all this fat near my tummy, but im not eating bad? I look about 5 months already hahaha..I cant wait for my next scan and a better image and maybe seeing an arm and leg? I really craved orange and mango juice last night and had to go buy some. Finally a craving!!! Other than that I'm usually asleep on the couch by 9pm, buggered.

Keep in touch and remember to stay positive and relax !!! Have fun in Greece, walk around, enjoy the place, forget everything and before you know it, you will be holding your dear baby. It took me a while to get over the donor egg thing, but now that I am carrying a baby, I've never felt so wonderful in my whole life. I'm a mother and I love this little bubba wubba and I hope that it all works out, until it pops out I will be so anxious, but also full of hope and love, since I've wanted to be a mother since I was 14. A very long time ago.

Rambling, time to watch Game of thrones ep 5, i've fallen asleep 4 times trying to watch it, then I find out its actually a boring episode, no wonder !!! lol

Baby dust to all and kisses and hugs to everyone Good Luck to all those in Greece now and say hi to Dr Nikos for me!

Oh and stock op on those greek progesterone pessaries, they are smaller and better than the $h!tty ones here in Australia, the bullet waxy ones leak like crap, unless you booty them, then you have to have an booty explosion once they have been there an hour, whereas the Greek progesterone pessaries are small and creamy and seem to leave less juicy wet residue. Every time I insert the aussie ones into my vajajaj I get a wet gush a few hours later and think im bleeding, i hate it. I wish I'd gotten more Greek ones, remember we need them for 12 weeks, and they are MUCH cheaper there, buy up big !!!

Ok my juicy story is over hahahah i'm lying on the couch after inserting one in my coochie and have a pile of tissues in my undies in preparation for the gush of excess goo.

Buy the GREEK ONEs im telling you...

Dont make me post pix
    Last edited by Yasna; 17-05-2015 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm new to this thread but would like to share my experience with donor eggs in Greece with you as you have all been so helpful and supportive with your words. I first found this thread a few months ago. A post from Panda about her positive and successful experience with Dr Kanakas at Embryoland that she had written months earlier struck a chord with me and I'd like pay it forward to anybody else who - like I was - is now reading threads like this for inspiration and any information.

I've endured many IVF attempts (not in Greece) the last few years - always trying with my own eggs but no success despite creating embryos. I didn't start trying for a baby until I was in my early 40s because I simply hadn't met the partner I wanted to have a child with. Regrets, but it was what it was. Each failed IVF procedure was heartbreaking and exhausting, grieving over each embryo that we lost. The option of using donor eggs was always there in the back of my mind, but I just had to keep trying with my own. I started to do some research about Greek clinics early last year but still wasn't ready to go down the donor path. I sent detailed email requests to many of the high profile clinics - I even had a spreadsheet collating and comparing their responses. Many wrote back detailed responses, some wrote basic responses either written by their support team or the doctors themselves. One of the more famous "superstar" doctors with links to Aus didn't bother to reply and when I followed up sent me a curt email saying to make an appointment with his secretary to arrange for a time to call him. I immediately ruled him out - I was inquiring about a huge life changing stressful procedure, and not prepared to be treated like that at even the enquiry stage! I would have been happy with basic responses from his support team or simple courtesy! I then again tried IVF using my own eggs "one last time again.." just before my 46th birthday, but another failure to implant.

I waited a couple of months and we agreed to go down the donor path. My biological clock had finally beaten me when it came to my own eggs, but I didn't want to have any regrets in just a very few years time from now - thinking that essentially my desire for a genetic link (ego?) had held me back from starting our much wanted family. I also wanted us to move forward - the constant attempts and failures with my own eggs was taking over my life. I narrowed down my research to about 4 clinics in Athens. But I just couldn't commit to a decision. My husband didn't push me on the issue as he could tell I just couldn't decide what to do. I then read the positive post on this thread about Embryoland, a clinic which I hadn't really heard that much about. (Ironic given the number of positive reviews on this thread now LOL) I contacted Embryoland. Dr Kanakas came back to me directly. We arranged a Skype conversation with him the following Sunday. We immediately decided that we were going to proceed with Dr Kanakas. He struck us as very knowledgeable, confident, positive, had a successful track record - but importantly was also passionate about ensuring a positive outcome. He was invested in making this a success and we weren't just a number. I've met and dealt with a quite a few IVF doctors the last few years, heard their spiels and he just stood out. Four months later I still feel the same about him as does my husband who is a huge cynic. I went from procrastinating about whether to start the egg donor process to being excited about starting with Embryoland.

We arrived in Athens in February. Stayed in an apartment which we booked through Airnb. The apartment was about a 5 minute cab ride from the clinic. It worked for us as it was much larger than a hotel room (same price as the President hotel which is next door to the clinic) private and was located in a nice safe cosmopolitan area full of cafes and restaurants, boutiques and walkable to a lot of the touristy sites. The weather was absolutely freezing but we enjoyed Athens. The Clinic was so personal. Once when we were in the waiting room, a lady came in and the staff ran up to her to congratulate her as she had just found out that she was pregnant. Dr Kanakas walked in and announced it to us looking so proud. Another time we met the embryologist, I think her name was Kostandina who was impressive with her confidence, warmth and professionalism. I had two embryos transferred. It was a stress free process - considering what I was doing!!! I'm now 14 weeks pregnant with twins. Am completely overwhelmed by intense morning (aka 24 hour) sickness and heartburn, but am so happy that we're finally at this stage and can't wait to meet my babies! We still keep in touch with Dr Kanakas - it's great having him there to check with in addition to the obstetrician and he is a genuinely keen stakeholder in this pregnancy. Anyway, I've rambled. Sorry! This thread is so long now I keep losing track of who has seen Dr Kanakas and who is about to see him but I wish you all lots luck and happiness. Ditto for the girls who have seen or about to see other good IVF docs in Greece too!

PS: Ohh, and one more thing, as already mentioned by Yasna, please, please remember to stock up on the progesterone pessaries (a yucky ugh necessity..) and any other meds from Greece - they are much cheaper, easier to use than the local products and hassle free to purchase (no prescription). I extra stockpiled both the suppository and tablet versions and haven't had to stress about buying it locally or asking another doc for a prescription for them. Wasn't stopped at immigration thank God!! Ahh I'm rambling again..
    Last edited by Relais; 18-05-2015 at 07:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CherryCP
    Thanks for the welcome. We are so excited, although have not got any dates yet. Waiting for my period due in a couple of days and then back on the pill. I have had a few weeks off most of the IVF meds and I feel so great. Have been on a weaning dose of pred though.I think we will feel better when we talk to Dr Kanakas next time and start meds and lining scans and all that jazz. We are so ready and impatient. Im normally a super chilled girl but Ive turned a bit impatient.
    Hope you have a great week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brimrush View Post
    Welcome Kimmy! I'll be over at Embryoland mid July with my husband, just had dates confirmed so flights booked! My hubby has to fly back to Australia before me but we've managed to both fly out together and we can now use fresh sperm (thinking we may have had to use frozen as timings were tight), but all looking good now, so excited! Good luck with your journey, may see you there!

Hi brimrush

Thats so great that you have booked your flights. We havent as yet. It would be awesome to see you over there. Im excited for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Thanks for the congrats girls !!! but as you all might know, I'm ever so scared and paranoid, I'll be going mid week for another scan to clear my mind and at 11 weeks and neucal scan and then I'll probably buy a dopler, mum suggested one, let me know if you know of any good brands???..i had some twinges today, felt uncomfortable, but no bleeding or anything..probably growing pains..heheh...

Welcome fellow stalker Kymmy !!! I hear Dr Mooring is a good doctor most of the QFG Docs are good. My o.b is Alex Alexander, a lovely Lebanese guy whos serious but caring and friendly at the same time, I trust him explicitly and he will be my doctor when and if I go to Greece again.

I think you will be very happy with Dr Kanakas, I took an instant liking to him within 5 min of talking to him and having your doctor available to talk to WHENEVER you need him is a very assuring and a positive thing! Im so jealous of all you girls going in July when the sun will be shining and you can all lie around sunbaking and enjoying Greece..I froze my booty off in March !!!!

Please use my cab driver, I cant recommend him more highly! He will take you to the best food places, not the touristy crap overpriced joints..

I wish you all the best of luck with scans and plans and baby making !!! I'm going on Wednesday hopefully for a scan and tomorrow I start cutting back on my Provera, Dr Wazza put me in it, I dont like taking it, since Dr Kanakas doesnt want me on it, but Dr Alex has told me to start weening. Cant wait to be DRUG free in a few weeks !! I'll be 12 weeks ! mama mia !!! !! I'm sick of pessaries, up my booty up my coochie, alternating for different occasions..hahahah. I just think of Jason Statham and they slide in no problem!

Anyway, my stomach is so bloated and fat looking a lady said im having a girl? I've seemed to gained all this fat near my tummy, but im not eating bad? I look about 5 months already hahaha..I cant wait for my next scan and a better image and maybe seeing an arm and leg? I really craved orange and mango juice last night and had to go buy some. Finally a craving!!! Other than that I'm usually asleep on the couch by 9pm, buggered.

Keep in touch and remember to stay positive and relax !!! Have fun in Greece, walk around, enjoy the place, forget everything and before you know it, you will be holding your dear baby. It took me a while to get over the donor egg thing, but now that I am carrying a baby, I've never felt so wonderful in my whole life. I'm a mother and I love this little bubba wubba and I hope that it all works out, until it pops out I will be so anxious, but also full of hope and love, since I've wanted to be a mother since I was 14. A very long time ago.

Rambling, time to watch Game of thrones ep 5, i've fallen asleep 4 times trying to watch it, then I find out its actually a boring episode, no wonder !!! lol

Baby dust to all and kisses and hugs to everyone Good Luck to all those in Greece now and say hi to Dr Nikos for me!

Oh and stock op on those greek progesterone pessaries, they are smaller and better than the $h!tty ones here in Australia, the bullet waxy ones leak like crap, unless you booty them, then you have to have an booty explosion once they have been there an hour, whereas the Greek progesterone pessaries are small and creamy and seem to leave less juicy wet residue. Every time I insert the aussie ones into my vajajaj I get a wet gush a few hours later and think im bleeding, i hate it. I wish I'd gotten more Greek ones, remember we need them for 12 weeks, and they are MUCH cheaper there, buy up big !!!

Ok my juicy story is over hahahah i'm lying on the couch after inserting one in my coochie and have a pile of tissues in my undies in preparation for the gush of excess goo.

Buy the GREEK ONEs im telling you...

Dont make me post pix
    Hi Yasna

You are so funny, I love reading your posts and I was so happy to hear of your great trip over to Athens. I got a really nice vibe straight away from Dr Kanakas as well and so did Cal my partner, We think he's great and we haven't even been there yet. We will most definately use your taxi driver and thanks for the pics you posted of your trip, its nice to see what it actually looks like there when I think about it so much.
    Yay for slowly getting drug free, you will feel a million bucks soon.
    I promise I will also buy up on the Greek progesterone pessaries. You sold me at "they leave less juicy wet residue"
    Any way I am off to bed I just got home from work and am feeling a little nappy. Have a great day and take lots of care of yourself.
    xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (18-05-2015)