Closed Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping to get some advice regarding the costs of a hysterescopy.
    Ive been asked to have one before my donor cycle but without private insurance am nervous about costs. I'm hoping to go across to athens this year and am taking advice here from my GP but she's not able to advise me re costs.
    I've done a google search and this thread came up and with it being so active I was hoping to get some advice.
    Thanks so much!
    Piper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    just a really quick update.

Things could not have gone better with Embryoland. It is without question the best clinic. Very well established and a long history of donor eggs. People coming from all over the world.

while here we met a Greek cool having their second baby at the clinic. He is a gyno and she is a medical scientist. They told us what a high standard the clinic is.

as for me. After much debate we took Dr Kanakas' advice and now have two AA grade babies on board. We have I think 4 more high quality ones in freezer.

It it was a wonderful, calm transfer with lovely staff and of course Dr Kanakas working his magic putting the babies in a lovely thick spot.

Greece is unbelievably relaxing. We spent time in Spetses and Hydra after egg collection and now we are relaxing on Milos. Absolute paradise.

such a contrast to my cycles in Australia.

I hope oped this helps people who are still undecided about where to go. When you are here there is no doubt and no worry. My boyfriend is extremely critical and he couldn't have been happier with the clinic and the process. All so easy and smooth. No worry at all.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (15-05-2015),justcantstop  (16-05-2015),Tayto  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pipermay12 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping to get some advice regarding the costs of a hysterescopy.
    Ive been asked to have one before my donor cycle but without private insurance am nervous about costs. I'm hoping to go across to athens this year and am taking advice here from my GP but she's not able to advise me re costs.
    I've done a google search and this thread came up and with it being so active I was hoping to get some advice.
    Thanks so much!
    Piper.
    Hi Piper. My understanding is there is basically the cost of the procedure performed by your FS and then there are hospital/day surgery costs. Do you have a FS? Do you have a Medicare card? Were you wanting to get the procedure performed in Australia? Your FS should be able to provide you with an outline of the costs and risks, etc prior to performing the procedure. The costs can vary between doctors and hospitals. If the FS charges the schedule rate, and you have a medicare card, then you will have no out of pocket cost for the procedure. That leaves the hospital/day surgery costs (as you do not have private health cover).
    Last edited by CherryCP; 15-05-2015 at 06:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi Yasna! Sounds like things are progressing nicely for you and bub. Pregnancy sounds like tiring business... When will you tell everyone/announce publicly etc?

I had (another) dream last night that I had a baby! All these plans are really getting to my subconscious!

Had my flu shot and gyno scan (external and internal) yesterday. Plus saw my GP and got a script for contraceptive pill. I also asked about the Lupron injection and she is ok with administering it when that time arrives.

I feel like I'm on a shopping expedition going tick, tick, tick... as I complete each item on my list!
    I've told about half a dozen close friends and family and wont announce "officially" until im over 12 weeks...Cant wait to post my scan picture on facebook, well, first ill post the 'pregnant stick'...but im still nervous and will wait and see how it all goes..im going for a scan next week and the week after, then my neucal scan thingy on the 4th of June..the exhaustion is overwhelming! Today my car broke down and I had to pee and waited for 2 hours for a tow truck..it was torture..missed out on my midday pessary, oh well, only 3 today, im sure I'm on more than enough anyway...

I'm not getting a flu shot, I hardly ever get the flu, so im a bit anti vacinating myself if I never get sick, but my sister is like you should get it...im a bit against it..ive got a good immune system. Hardly ever sick hard core, just a cold here and there...

No morning sickness yet, kinda hope it doesnt come my way, but the psycho in me wants to be sick so i can feel more pregnant, but really I'm glad ive not been ill...i like food too much.

It will be 10 weeks on monday, how time has flown !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano, so good to hear your news and that you are relaxing on the islands!! The weather must be amazing about now, i was there and it was COLD !! I only have 2 in the freezer, but thats all I need I guess...

I really enjoyed using Dr Nikos as my doctor and wished I did my first ivf with him instead of wasting my money and time here in Australia. I think he would have gotten me pregnant with my eggs, since hes not into over stimulating like some crazy quacks here...Plus in all of my 9 ivfs here i never had an ultrasound guided transfer, he found the thick spot on me too, thats where my bubba wubba is lying right now...

I pray for your transfer to be a success and wish you the best luck and enjoy your time in Greece, I miss the food SOOO much.

Keep us updated and I feel very lucky for you..I've been praying a lot and going to church, my mother thinks im brianwashed and is worried about me, but I'm finding faith in some kind of spiritual comfort...not going to buy a bible and bash it, but I did buy a Saint Nicholas magnet thing to keep me postive and create some good fortune !! "you gotta have faith" ( George Michael)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and remember if you are in Athens, use my Greek "brother" Kostas as your cab driver, he knows all the top spots, is a great tour guide...Half the cabbies I found over there were sleezy and expensive, he was reasonable, and a gentleman. kosta.jpg
    kostas.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heres my little blobby wobby bubba wubba..

9 weeks..

9weeks.jpg

My Dr's machine aint so flashy, I'm going to a more flashier ultrasound place to see it better next week... !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Heres my little blobby wobby bubba wubba..

9 weeks..

Attachment 70120

My Dr's machine aint so flashy, I'm going to a more flashier ultrasound place to see it better next week... !!

Yasna, how exciting!! Doing happy dance for you here in New York!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano

Just wanted to say that I am so very glad everything went well and that you are happy with the clinic. I have chosen to go with Embryoland and I feel more and more reassured as I keep hearing great things about it on and off this board!

Its great that you guys got 4 frosties. How many eggs did you get overall?

Enjoy your trip, relax and stay positive. The little ones will nestle in nicely and all will be well. I can feel it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna that is just so wonderful. I always felt just a little sad when friends told me of their pregnancy, whilst happy for them it was always with some sadness because of my own yearning. But I fell nothing but joy for you because you like the rest of us have walked some long and hard miles to get this joy. It's wonderful to see, enjoy!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (16-05-2015)