Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Yasna for your scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies - I've been a bit MIA and have just scanned to catch up, we're in Bali, let me just say that travelling with a baby is a whole new ball game!! Awesome though - taking the little man for his first swim was so cool!

anyway, some quick responses (wifi not so flash here) ... Yasna I hope your 9 week scan went well, I was terrified for my 7 week scan for the same reason, but I'm sure you'll be fine, everything is in your favour, it's your turn lovely :-)

Someone (Cherry?) mentioned doing a roll call - great idea, and I'm happy to - once I get home next week, very busy here with my mocktails, massages and daily naps

Someone else asked about uterine wash - I had that the day before transfer, don't know if it helped, but it certainly didn't do any harm!

There was a question about frozen sperm - my DH went early and his sample was frozen, and we got 7 top quality embies (even though he has dodgy swimmers) and the cycle resulted in our beautiful little man. We've done a second cycle with our donor and that used another frozen sample from DH - yet to see how that pans out but as I understand it frozen sperm is pretty good, not like frozen eggs. I quite enjoyed being in Athens on my own, it was only 6 nights and I got to indulge myself the whole time, I didn't have to worry about whether DH was hungry/bored/tired - it was all about me having said that, DH and I had been to Athens together on holidays etc so I wasn't exploring a new city without him.

I hope everyone is going well - I'm sending you all lots and lots of baby dust from my banana lounge (getting back into a bikini after baby is a little scary!). Let's keep those BFP's coming!
    Last edited by Vixjc; 13-05-2015 at 14:48.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (13-05-2015),CherryCP  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wohoooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Baby is alive and well, heartbeat 199bpm and its 2.9cm long !!! so cute and tiny !!

I feel so blessed and balled my eyes out on the table when he showed me the heartbeat that looked so fast !! I've booked for my neucal thingy scan on June 4th and will be doing weekly scans just to keep me sane until then.

Im so happy

It feels so surreal !!! I had a major craving for marinated anchovies I saw in a greek deli today, I bought them, rang Dr Alex and he said to cook them first..didnt taste the same but I have to be safe...cant wait to get past this trimester..I've stopped taking valium and Dr Alex has me off the cyklokapron since I have no more bleeding and will be weaning me off the provera, since my progesterone is 87!..

I'm so tired and about to fall asleep and its only 848, but I've been trying to watch epsiode 5 of game of thrones for three nights now, but keep falling asleep! I'm so exhausted !!

nighty night ladies and good luck to you all !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna! Sounds like things are progressing nicely for you and bub. Pregnancy sounds like tiring business... When will you tell everyone/announce publicly etc?

I had (another) dream last night that I had a baby! All these plans are really getting to my subconscious!

Had my flu shot and gyno scan (external and internal) yesterday. Plus saw my GP and got a script for contraceptive pill. I also asked about the Lupron injection and she is ok with administering it when that time arrives.

I feel like I'm on a shopping expedition going tick, tick, tick... as I complete each item on my list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!

I could not get on the site for a few days. Kept getting "database error, site administrator has been advised". ?? Its back now so I'm not sure what was up with the site or my computer/internet, etc.

Yasna: I'm so very happy for you! I'm sure you feel relieved and happy as a clam that everything is going as its supposed to. Yeah for you!

Frances: How wonderful for you too! I can't wait to hear what your numbers are if its twins!!! But one healthy baby will be just fine, right?? Hope you are feeling well.

Positano & Wetsetter: Let's keep the BFP's coming this year..... Have a great cycle!

Dette, Vixjc: I hope you are feeling good and enjoying the ride!

Vixjc: I think it would be great to do that roll call b/c I too get confused about who's where in the process...

Brim: good question re the frozen sperm issue. Dr. K told us that if my DH cannot stay long enough they will freeze his sample, etc. and I was wondering the same thing. I am hoping the dates work out so he is there with me for obvious reasons but knowing others have gotten BFP with frozen sperm relieves my mind. This international thing is not always easy to coordinate with work, etc. so its important.

Cherry, Chillout, Seahorse, Stacey: Thinking of you guys too and hoping you are all well.

Here's my update:

DH spoke to Dr. K and it went well. He is fully on board! Yea! Finally!

The same day he spoke to his brother in Greece and my sister-in-law tells him she has a friend who had IVF in Greece with donor egg and is pregnant and she is 50! She told DH her friend had gotten married later in life and wanted to have a baby. She said she is doing well. Obviously I asked what clinic did she use, etc., etc. and today I got my answer. She used Embryoland!! She had one cycle which Dr. K did and it did not work. Her 2nd cycle (I don't know if it was fresh or frozen) was at same clinic with Dr. Themis Mantzavinos and it worked. She's like 3 months now!!

Hearing this made me happy for several reasons. First the obvious that I'm glad to hear another older woman like myself had success after only 2 tries. Also, the fact that she used the same clinic I picked without having discussed this with any Greek family members prior. I feel like its fate maybe?? Or at least I feel even more comfortable with my choice.

Anyway, I am waiting for my period. Dr. K needs me to let him know when I get it so he can order me a script to regulate it to 28 days. Can you imagine I am sitting hear actually wishing for my period to come so I can feel like I'm starting my journey??? LOL Who'd of thought one of us would be anxious to get her period!! Once it comes I can schedule my scan (has to be done mid cycle) and he will put me on the pill and find me a donor. We are still shooting for late August/early Sept cycle start.

I started taking the prenatal vitamin and am eating really healthy. I'd like to lose a few pounds before I get to Greece as I think it will only help.

We don't know each other, but I think of you guys often. You are all my inspiration. If I had not stumbled on this site and read this thread, I don't think I'd be doing this!

Baby Dust To All....

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (16-05-2015),CherryCP  (14-05-2015),Yasna  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc maybe when you do the rollcall you can include the clinic and the history if that person, eg preg on 2nd cycle with frozen dh sperm, if we are all prepared to provide that into? Or if waiting, what clinic we are interested in? Would people find this level of detail useful? Site is prob small enough to do it now but not much longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meanwhile Vixjc enjoy your holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc enjoy Bali, I was there in November and couldn't get enough of massages and cocktails.

ladies what is a roll call?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wet setter, A roll call is basically just a list of regular contributors to the forum and what stage they are at with their journey. It is useful to have a roll call every now and then, so we all know who is doing what/where. I saw a roll call on another forum thread (I think it was Fertility Friends) and thought it was a good idea... so I suggested that we do one on this thread. I think Vixjc has been contributing to this thread for quite a while (since 2013?)... so I thought it would be good for her to compile the roll call?

For example my roll call entry would be something like:

CherryCP - 45yo, no children, 2 x ivf (poor responder, 1 egg, immature). Planning for DE Greece - Iakentro/Newlife Sept 2015.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I get it and makes sense, thx
    and yes it would help