Closed Thread
Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette I would love to know more! Did you ever worry about the fact that penny is not a doctor? Also they don't do embryosxope. But she does seem so caring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heartburn, this sucks. Any natural remedies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Chillout,

there are doctors at Serum should you feel you want them to do the transfer but I trusted Penny. I honestly believe that if you trust the person, you are more relaxed & that's when the magic happens!

The professionalism & care they give each person is extraordinary. She puts a piece of her heart & soul into every patient. She gets to know you & ensures that the donor is the perfect match in every way - physically & emotionally. she truly has your best interest at heart. The thoroughness in which they carried out all the testing prior, through to the medications specifically for you, transfer & then follow up is amazing.

Thanks to Penny, I am pregnant with twins & I'm sure she will move heaven & earth to ensure a precious little one for you as well!

Choose whoever & whichever clinic makes you feel the most comfortable, as it's a huge decision. Also feel free to ask hundreds of questions!!!!!

Ps in regards to embroscope, I wasn't concerned as at the end of the day it changes nothing. If the donor is young, healthy & been thoroughly tested, her eggs are going to be of excellent quality & be top grade at day 5. This is what's important, you want the best of the best being popped into you. My donor was 21 with a child of her own. Doesn't get better than that!
    Last edited by Dette; 11-05-2015 at 14:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi WetSetter, When did you do your hysto? it has to be timed with AF doesn't it? Also, at what stage did you book your flights to Greece? Were there any dramas getting a donor match with Iakentro? Did you have to wait very long? Are you going to Athens or Thessaloniki? Sorry for the barrage of questions... Naturally I'm keen to find out as much as possible about your experiences with Iakentro Thanks for sharing.

I have booked my scan for Wednesday arvo, plus a flu shot. Next step is getting DH going with updating his tests...

CherryCP
    Last edited by CherryCP; 11-05-2015 at 20:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Roll call

Hey I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to compile a roll call list for this thread - sorry I think that is what they are called... ie a list of regulars on this thread and their current status with DE? Perhaps Vixjc could compile it? I'm finding it a bit hard to keep track of everyone and what stage they are at... What do you reckon?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Dette  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Yasna as for the heart burn I used to have like 100 ml of milk half an hour before bed. Or a spoonful of custard so that it lessened the burning. I have lots of scaring around my stomach and my digestion can be very bad.
    Also the horrible over the counter things as well.

Hi Chillout, my FS did not charge me for mine either, just the medicare cost and PHI covered the day surgery.
    But I've paid for a cycle management cost. So they are getting their money some way or another.
    Wett Setter I've heard some charge around $ 300 for this.

Cherry I even got a follow up email from Ruth just checking where I was at. They sound really good.
    As they were getting donors ready for me, if I was going at the end of this month.

Also re the clincis, as Dette has said you have to be comfortable with your choice. If something feels off, find out why.
    Ask ask questions. Also do you have other fertitly issues ?? For us MFI not just eggs, or immune issues. How is your clinic equiped to deal with that??

Im in shock Ive got my second rising beta test all is as it should be.
    One step at a time

hello to Yasna Dette & Postanio

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (11-05-2015),Dette  (11-05-2015),Yasna  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news Frances, I'd love to know what your beta is

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Hello everyone! I've not been on for a while and it's taken me days to catch up on everyone's news! Wow so much going on...

I've had a couple of Skype calls with Dr Kanakas now, and I'm in a bit of a tizz and need some advise. I am currently on the pill to extend my cycle to 28 days as I have a short cycle normally, and Dr Kanakas has advised me and hubby need to be in Athens 11th - 21st July (which will be my cycle days 13 - 23?), I'm panicking as I think that will be too late for hubby to do his bit! I've asked Dr K again but he has confirmed those dates are correct? Has anyone else been put on the pill before a donor cycle, and would those dates sound about right.

Also my husband may now have to go out before me due to work commitments so his sperm will need to be frozen, does anyone know if success rates are better with fresh sperm? I'm just thinking if we should delay things till we can both go together?

Would really like to hear of any success stories with frozen sperm..! Will anyone else be at Embryoland mid July?!

I'm looking at booking flights soon... can't believe I'll be there in 8 weeks if all goes to plan!

Good wishes to you all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Brimrush I'll preface by saying I am new to this having only decided to go ahead In March and am getting on a plane next week! I went on the pill as my cycle is less than 28 days too and I will be in Athens for transfer from day 17 onwards (until I need to be).

cherry it's ok with the questions, I am more than happy to share my experience, this forum helped me so much. I did my hysto on day 10, booked flights just under 3 weeks from travel (that's when it became real for me). No issues with donor match (took no more than 2 weeks) ill be in Athens but will be travelling to Thessaloniki (during my travels up thru Greece) and will try to check out the clinic there too. I did the flu shot too, I am going to take so much hand sanitiser on that plane - errrr all those germs and snotty noses hahaaaa

has anyone had the uterine wash before transfer they they could share if so what are the benefits and when is the right time to have it- thank you
    Last edited by Wet setter; 12-05-2015 at 20:59.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (12-05-2015),CherryCP  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls !

Hi Brimrush, I used donor frozen sperm and im pregnant, if he has good motility they will grab the good swimmers when they defrost and use them, actually freezing it sorts the good from the bad, if they make a freeze and are still swimming good, they are super sperm.

Just my opinion, but I would wait and go together, fresh sperm would be better? But either way, they will grab the good ones. Frozen or fresh. Being a single woman and going there alone was so depressing, whats a month difference??? Go to together, thats just me, since I'm a sooky and if I had a partner I would have loved to have him by my side and walk around Greece together. I felt ever so lonely whilst over there. If it wasnt for my fantastic taxi driver keeping me company most days driving me places I would have gone nuts.

Frances I'm so freeeking happy for you !!! Hope you have twins !!!

Positano, good luck, I know you are over there and I hope you are blessed with a baby this year !!...

The rest of you GOOD luck with your scans and stuff, I'm finding it hard to keep up, since I'm so self absorbed and only really remember people that talk to me.

I'm in total panic mode since I have my 9 week scan in 2 hours. I lost my baby at 9 weeks, but that was with my crappy eggs and that baby after being tested was chromosonally abnormal. All my friends are saying I should be fine since I'm using donor eggs, it still fills me full of anxiety. I will return with the details later, hopefully positive...?????

Love and good luck from me to you all !!