Closed Thread
Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening!

Yasna - thank you for sending me the message re dr k. My skype was open but my status was "away" and I didn't know it. When I received your message I checked and saw the problem. As soon as I changed it to online and sent a message to him that I was available, he called!

Sounds like you're feeling better today after speaking to him. Good for you. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Dh got called in to work so I spoke to the doctor alone today. They will touch base next weekend.

Dr K is a very nice man! I got the feeling he really cared and would try his best to help us. He answered my questions and reassured me. I felt comfortable with him.

It it looks like we are shooting for an end of Aug cycle. The clinic is closed August 1 to the 16th (which makes sense because the 15th is a holiday there). The transfer would be in Sept

we have to do all our preliminary tests so hopefully there are no unexpected issues. I'm going to schedule some appts for this month to get things rolling.

Frances - how are you feeling? When is test day? Sending you positive vibes and hoping the embies have snuggled in.

Positano did I read right that you're cycling now? How great! Relax and enjoy it and think positive.

Hope everyone one else is good too. Baby dust to all!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Candles are lit and blessings for everyone !!!

Im glad you got in touch with Dr Nikos justcantstop, I really hope your hubby comes to the party so to speak !! Men, so headstrong sometimes, but its not all about them !!!! Thats why i used a sperm bank, so much easier hahah !!!!

Frances, I know the feeling about not cooking, I loved eating out all the time in Greece...finally im over my greek food fetish and went with a mate today and had japanese, but we did have pizza for dinner, shes sleeping over and her two lovely girls are currently playing up in the spare room, supposed to be sleeping, but im happy to have company and they sound so cute giggling and carrying on..hopefully they will wear out soon......

the rest of you GOOD LUCK>> ill let you know how my scan goes...xoxoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

so so glad everyone is well.

i have my fs appointment next week to get all my tests done, my partner is getting everything tested as well, I'm getting excited to start my journey.

this is a question for the older ladies, im 45 and in the past 4 weeks started to get hot flushes, mainly at night (so tired) but sometimes during the day, I suspect this is the start of perimenapause. Which the fs will confirm next week.

have any of you had this and still conceived or been advised you can still conceive with treatment?

Thanks

Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SharonG, I'm 45 too and have had hot flushes on and off for short periods of time over the past few years. I found that some of the tablets I was taking, ie vitamins, herbs, etc seemed to bring it on. The longest episode was a couple of months late last year... I stopped taking the supplements I was on, and started going to the gym and the hot flushes went away and have not returned. So I would recommend looking into this possibility if it applies to you.

I have researched a fair bit on this topic, and according to dr google, menopausal women can still carry a baby no problems. Even post menopause, ie no period at all... That is because the egg is from a donor, and your uterus can be artificially prepared using drugs, Hope this helps.

CherryCP

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Dette  (06-05-2015),SharonG  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lovely ladies,

well I had my scan on Monday & it was fantastic. The twins are doing well. They have grown heaps & were jumping around & interacting with each other - so cute!
    it was such a relief to see their little heartbeats.
    Now it's bloods next week (week 11) & then the 12 week scan on Tuesday 19th. I seriously can't wait to get past the 12 week mark.. I know it's still a long way to go after that but I will feel slightly safer.

Yasna - you made me laugh, reading about the pessaries!!!!! I too, am SO NOT loving them but as you said, whatever it takes. My next thing is pelvic floor exercise! Good luck tomorrow with your scan. I look forward to hearing good news.

Sharon - good luck on your journey. I won't repeat what Cherry said but I too had a similar circumstance & once I changed vitamins & went to a Natropath, all symptoms stopped & haven't had them since. Now I'm 10 weeks pregnant! Hopefully yours is just an imbalance at the moment.

Justcantstop - so glad you got to have your Skype! I hope you & hubby feel more at ease with your journey ahead. Little steps. How's the tests coming along & how's hubby coping with it all? It is a huge shift in mindset & we all have to go through it in our own way, at our own pace.

Frances - settling back into normal life of cooking, washing etc? It took me a week to get back into oz time zone. My fingers are crossed for you. Bring on those double lines

Postanio - hope all is going well in Greece for you.

Xx

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (06-05-2015),francesthecat  (06-05-2015),SharonG  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's such great news Dette! I remember that desperation to get past 12 weeks 😊 I don't think we ever truly relax but damn it feels good to get into second trimester! May these last weeks of 1st Tri go very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohoooo Dette !!! seeing the little ones moving around and heart beats is amazing!!! Im envious that you have 2 !! mum keeps thinking there is another one hiding somewhere..so keen for me to have twins for some reason, I said dont worry mama we will go for holiday next year and bring 2 back !! * wishful thinking !!!

Well my scan went well today, saw my little blob, the length was 16.4mm with heartbeat of 166bpm !! wohooooo !!! Hes told me to come back next week for another scan just to be sure, and probably weekly until 12 weeks. Then back off the meds (FINALLY) at 10 weeks he said..wohooooooooooooo

IM SO SICK OF TAKING MEDS inserting bullets in my booty and feeling like an emotional wreck!!! I just want to waddle around all day feeling pregnant and not worry about taking meds 4 times a day...I want to feel like a normal pregnant woman !!!! I'm still finding it hard to believe it...until I get to 12 weeks I will be on the edge of my seat, though seeing my baby blob today was amazing, with its fast fluttering heartbeat !!!

Im feeling lucky for Frances I think she will be getting a BFP and Positano and the rest of you also, its a lucky year, and I've been praying hard for everyone, including myself. I'm like a born again orthodox! My grandfather/mother were orthodox and his patron saint was St Nick, my doctor was Nikos and a cute guy I met in Greece was Nick too..im feeling the Saint Nick luck !!!! So believe me, having some faith works wonders, before I had my transfer, I was on my knees in front of my bed in the waiting room at Dr Nikos' office crying and praying to EVERY god out there. It worked, I just hope they give me a healthy baby in my arms at the end of the year, and then one day I can also give this child a brother or sister..talk about thinking ahead !!!!

I cracked a tooth yesterday chewing on a chicken bone, one of my back teeth, went to dentist today and it was removed, since it wasnt in good condition anyway. I was scared sheetless thinking oh no anesthetic will kill my baby, but 3 doctors and the dentist said it was ok. Talk about paranoid< im still too scared to dye my hair, mums like NO DONT DIE IT BAD FOR BABY !!! Everyone else is like yeah its ok, dont worry...erh...i cant win..my greys are bad so i think its time to brave it, maybe next week, ill try and last a bit longer, hahah paranoid much?

BRING ON 12 Weeks already!!! actually if I make it past 9, I will be a bit more comfortable and dropping the meds will make me feel normal too...its hard to believe im pregnant, so surreal !!! but seeing my little blobby gave me some hope, Oh and there is no more bleeding either, Dr said..wohoooo!!!!!

Happy days ahead for everyone !!! i can feel it in my waters xoxooxx

Dont you hate getting up to pee 3 times a night, talk about annoying, especially when you're having a sex dream about Ragnar from Vikings hahahah...I've been ever so frisky lately, but too scared to orgasm or even have sex..ill wait until baby is well and truly in place, for now, its sexual frustration and distracting myself with cooking, facebook, reading and watching mini series.

Keep me informed girls xoxoxox love hearing about your good news !!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Dette such amazing news your little ones are snuggling in and growing well.

Yasna woo hoo for baby all growing well. Are you still seeing Wazza as well as the OB.
    God I would love for Wazza to be my OB their would be a line out the door if he still did that work.
    Good to hear your little bean is growing along well.

Mum is also desperate to bog along on my next time for Greece as well.
    With some luck we can go back next year for our frosties leave the babies with their grandmas and hit the town.
    Marko will be able to drive us back to the hotel lol.
    Thank you dear girl for lighting a candle for us and the others ladies

BT is drawing very near ewwkk my boobs are now the size of melons
    Dam progesterone, and the steroids. I was very interesting in hearing about those pizzas. yumm
    Went to Costco and went a tad mental a 32 ounce bag of peanut butter cups and a kilo of Nutella. WTF
    This is how Ill be keeping myself amused & blame the dex

Best wishes for your trip Postanio

Hello everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello and Thank You to everyone for their questions, answers & opinions here. It's an invaluable resource & helped me a lot.
    I am going to Athens in June to see Dr Nikos & hopefully everything will work out for once.
    Congratulations to all expecting & good luck everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Yay Dette such amazing news your little ones are snuggling in and growing well.

Yasna woo hoo for baby all growing well. Are you still seeing Wazza as well as the OB.
    God I would love for Wazza to be my OB their would be a line out the door if he still did that work.
    Good to hear your little bean is growing along well.

Mum is also desperate to bog along on my next time for Greece as well.
    With some luck we can go back next year for our frosties leave the babies with their grandmas and hit the town.
    Marko will be able to drive us back to the hotel lol.
    Thank you dear girl for lighting a candle for us and the others ladies

BT is drawing very near ewwkk my boobs are now the size of melons
    Dam progesterone, and the steroids. I was very interesting in hearing about those pizzas. yumm
    Went to Costco and went a tad mental a 32 ounce bag of peanut butter cups and a kilo of Nutella. WTF
    This is how Ill be keeping myself amused & blame the dex

Best wishes for your trip Postanio

Hello everyone
    No, not seeing Wazza anymore, but I have called him to ask a few questions, I also said to him I'd love him to be my o.b, he cracked a joke and said " I dont like seeing what a baby does to a womans vagina"....hes so funny..Dr Alex will be away for two weeks after my 9 week scan, so I'm going to get scanned by this place down the road with awesome equipment, maybe I'll see bubba wubba better !!

Stop calling my taxi driving brother MARKOS, its KOSTAS hahahah

Costco is dangerous, I go nuts there too, I was hunting down that big bottle of nutella, the massive one, but they didnt have it at my local one..?..but I found a supplier that has it hahaha !! WIN !!

Whens your blood test????? im 99.9% positive you are pregnant!

Im getting crappy heartburn, just got it a minute ago, and its pessary time, I just have to think of Jason Statham while inserting them...hahah

Be nice to meet up in Greece next year for round 2 !!! My boobs arent really growing much or as sore, thats why i panicked..but..im sure they will get bigger, im not a big busted girl anyway, probably have to have a wet nurse to feed my baby hahah.. you poor thing being on steriods, that crap makes you HUNGRY, im hungry now, just thinking of pizza, but I cant eat anything but soup since I have a gaping hole in my mouth, but I will go to the fridge and rip apart a drumstick that I boiled for my chicken soup....then its meds and bed. BORING.

Cant wait for your bloods, are you peeing on sticks???? I know you are? let me know if they are getting darker? did you take pregnyl booster...?

Im buggered, cant believe i made it till 1040pm, but I just watched an episode of Wentworth, the aussie female prison show, im addicted..

Talk soon Frances and tell me when your bloods are and your POAS efforts and pix????? Am I the only one who posts pictures around here haahah...??