Closed Thread
Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sharon - to get the tests, scans and meds for my last trip to Greece, I saw dr Anne Poliness. She sees patients in the city and st Kilda rd and her St Kilda rd office has a scanner so she can check your lining. I was always able to get appointments within 2- 3 weeks and she is punctual with her appointments. She is an FS/GYN, very direct and happy to work with OS clinics. She is associated with City Fertility but I never did any cycles with them (I was with Monash). Her referral to an OB was rock solid too, I loved him he was great. Naturally all Dr's resonate with some patients but not others, so don't know if she'll float your boat but I liked her :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

SharonG  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default best wishes wet setter

Hey Wet setter! I feel so excited for you! I just told DH about all the action on bubhub forum... Did the injection hurt? It is a pellet isn't it? What other meds are you on? Were you still deciding between Iakentro and Newlife... or have you decided to go with Iakentro? I wish you the very best.

Tonight we were going through the mail... and the cover of racq mag is all about Greece! I said to DH... It's a sign!! I have started telling friends and work colleagues that we are going to Europe later this year for a holiday... Mum is the only one who knows the real reason... she wants to come too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Thank goodness The doctor Kanakas! Everything is fine and on track.

what a relief.
    wohooooo !! SO glad things are on track, I knew you'd be fine !!! I trust Dr Kanakas, he knows what hes doing, he kept reminding me he has 5000 babies !!

I would transfer two, since I only got one stick from 2 embryos transferred, what if I only did one and that one didnt stick??? There is no way I would ever transfer one..but saying that, I'm super clucky and Id be happy with quads !!

Good luck !!!!!!!!

Frances and Positano, I'm going to a Greek church on monday to light a candle for another friend going to south africa, shes having her transfer on monday, I will light ones for both of you too for luck, and one for me..I pray that we are all mothers for Christmas!!!

I feel like the Greek Gods are looking after me, i've never been religious, but since being to Greece and my 'brother' taking me to a few different churches and lighting candles, suddenly I feel like im blessed and thankful for all the positive vibes and energy surrounding me from friends and family and the Greek Gods.

I wish you and everyone all the best...I just pray I have no more bleeds and my little fighter keeps fighting..much like its mother, I'm not giving up, I'm going to try and be as positive as I can, but I tell you what, my appetite has increased and I can eat enough for 3 ahahah..Tonight I went out and had gnocchi with carbonara sauce, omg I could have eaten 2 plates !!!

LOVE YOU ALLLLLL !! Its so great to be here and vent, I'd love to meet some of you !! dont be shy, message me !! Brisbane Girls especially !!!
    Last edited by Yasna; 30-04-2015 at 20:43.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cherry, the dr gave me a local so it didn't hurt, just stung a bit. Yep looks like a little pellet. Try to get your FS to put it on authority prescription (they'll know what that is) . Brings cost from $400 down to $35!
    Decision made on Iakentro, start progynova next week, aspirin and folic pretty much until I leave.
    Good on you for being excited, I am starting too now. I am actually meeting mum over there as she has a friend in Athens so we are taking the opportunity to spend time with a local.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I wrote a long post yesterday but it does not look like it went through. Not sure why.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty positive today so I will just say that the 2 most important things in that post were that I wanted to thank all of you for your advice and words of wisdom and that DH has started to come around and says he will do the skype call with me with Dr. K on Sunday and he will ask the Dr about his concerns re my age and any complications, etc.

So hopefully after that call he will be fully on board and we can move forward!!

I am busy jotting down my thoughts and questions to make sure I mention everything I want to discuss with the doctor. I am keeping a written list. If anybody has any tips on things not to forget, or really important questions I may not have thought of, etc. please let me know.

It sounds like everyone is doing well and things are really moving along.

As usual, I am thinking of all of you and wish you the best! (Even thought we've never met....)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad things are back on track Yasna

Ive been to a few churches as well praying to everyone.

Watch out next time I'm in brisvegas I'll be stalking you

Thank for your drivers details, just found out there is a transport strike tomorrow. The day we are leaving so might be harder to get taxis etc.
    But we have our transfers already booked

Yay Wett Setter your trip sounds fab. Best wishes xxx

Cherry My mum was trying to come along as well.
    If i come back for my frosties she has already said oh no you can't be there alone. Yeah she just wants to come here as we have had soo much fun.
    Only a very few know where we are, to friends we have gone to to USA for an anniversary cruise.

Hi Dette and Kathy hope things are well with your growing bubbas

Best wishes ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances, my mum was SOOooOoOOo disappointed that I'm not carrying twins, but has already planned on coming with me to Greece next year to bring back twins !! Mums, they are so cute.. Cant wait to be stalked by you, its so nice to share out journeys together.

Justcantstop- Im so glad your husband is willing to chat with the Dr, like me, I hope he will instantly like him and trust him. Dr Kanakas has made babies for a few women around 50, I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm sure you're still ripe and ready for motherhood, I wish you all the best and pray your husband sees that its not just about him, that you are a woman and you yearn for your right of passage as a mother. Good luck and may the Greek Gods bless you.

Wetsetter- Good luck girl !!! I'll pray for you too, Im sure all will be well, I wish my mother was with me on my last trip, but she said she didnt want to jinx me since she went to all my 9 ivfs and nothing eventuated. Mum is so keen for me to have more, and I havent even given birth yet !!

CherryCp- good luck to you also, not sure what injection you're talking about, but when Dr Nikos gave me the progesterone injection, it hurt like hell!..

And to all the other girls I've forgotten since I'm so SELF ABSORBED, good luck too!...

I've just eaten two bowls of risotto I made for brunch, im a such a hungry hippo at the moment...

Its pouring down rain here in Brisbane and Im snuggled on my couch wrapped in my minky blankey watching re runs of MKR and My Ireland with Colin ( i think hes so cute) ...

I cant believe on Monday I'm 8 weeks! If I make it past 9 weeks, I'll be so so so so happy, since I lost my dear baby at that time, but there were chromosonal abnormalities due to my age and crappy eggs, so I guess it was meant to be? Surely this time I'll be fine since my donors are both 26yo, I just pray I deliver a perfectly fine baby. Still a long way to go, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Cleaning the house however is not tempting me, i feel so lazy, so its rainy, so its the couch and tv day...

Enjoy your day girls!

Last edited by Yasna; 03-05-2015 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop - I just wanted to say good luck for your Skype appointment tonight. I hope it goes fantastic & hubby feels more confident after it

Positano - sorry for the late reply. I had a similar situation where I totally freaked out after my scan, as I had several follicles & I thought my dates were going to be out by a few days but was informed like you that they can do anywhere upto day 21. I had my transfer on day 18 & all was well. Good luck with your trip & I look forward to hearing how you go

Frances - when's pee on a stick day? I have everything crossed for you

Yasna - I hear you! I desperately want to get past the 12 week mark, as I had my miscarriage at 11 weeks. Im 10 on Monday & have a scan. I'm being positive but unfortunately I have this lingering fear in the back of my mind/heart, that I just can't seem to shake. Bring on week 12! I so just want to enjoy every moment.

Cherry - happy planning & yes it is a sign. Greece should definitely be your next destination

Wetsetter - when are you off to lakentro?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (03-05-2015),Yasna  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey wonderful women!!!

I got a call from Dr Kanakas and hes trying to contact justcantstop, he couldnt find her on skype?? I've send her a private message but just in case I'm posting it here too..

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow !!!!
    While skyping Dr Nikos tonight told me to eat lots of protein and he wants to see my baby grow strong, and he said to drink lots of orange juice too!! I ate a whole mushroom and cheese pizza tonight..I really felt like mushrooms !! Dr Nikos demanded that I call him after my scan on Wednesday...I'm so excited only 3 more sleeps and hopefully I will see a bigger baby !!! Like you Dette, I'm am SOOoOOoOOO nervous and hope that I make it to my due date in early December, but more so, I hope that I make it past 9 and 12 weeks..and 16 weeks is really important to me, since its my birthday that week, I will turn 45 ! eeeeek !! If everything is going well, I'm going to have a party at my house and put a huge lamb on a charcoal spit and have a few friends over to celebrate the halfway mark...

I'm ever so excited, but today I had the smallest touch of spotting, the pessaries I'm using seem to be clogging me up and i've resorted to putting them in my booty instead, since I'm finding it hard to insert them into my vagina, since its all swolen in there and i feel like I have some residue, which I'm finding hard to scoop out. GROSSSS !! So I'll keep doing the booty until the residue leaves my vagina naturally. Once i had so much clogged up there from crinone Dr Wazza said come in, I'll get it out for you. What a charmer..but hey, this is what is keeping my baby alive, so I will keep on using them until 12 weeks ! OH GOD HOW I CANT WAIT UNTIL 12 WEEKS !!!
    Lucky you Dette, you only have 2 weeks to go !!!!!

I'm a facebook addict and havent mentioned anything on there about being pregnant, and SOoososoososososo want to put up pictures of my digital pregnancy sticks ..but I'll wait till 12 weeks.

When are you guys going to 'officially' tell people? I've told a dozen friends who are soooo happy for me...mum keeps telling people I dont even know, so embarrassing...I guess shes just proud..

I'm falling asleep its 1020pm and i went and saw a band with friends tonight, I tell you at 730 I'm yawning like an old lady and now home full of pizza and positive thoughts...

GOOOD luck to those of you going through this, I'm off the this beautiful Greek Church tomorrow and lighting as many candles as I can for all of us !!..I've never been so spiritual, but I think a little faith doesnt hurt..as George Michael once sung " you gotta have faith"...

Peace and love from Bisbane

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Dette  (06-05-2015),francesthecat  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna,

The pizza and church sound amazing.

You just have to love the amazing Wazza.

Sending you and Dette lots and lots of positive thoughts. Important milestones coming up for you both.
    MC is a heart breaking experience

Blah I cant sleep but Im tired, hungry everything Ive got a ton of washing to do.
    Greece was amazing
    Im going to try to make some Greek lamb tonight, seeing as I have not cooked for nearly a month.

Postanio Good luck for your cycle have an amazing time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (04-05-2015)