Closed Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wet Setter and Yasna.

I was with my FS this morning for my lining scan. I am day 12 today and my lining is as usual fantastic. But he said my cycle would be out of whack now for a transfer.

I haven't had an update from Dr Kanakas but when I booked flights he didn't expect to do egg pick up until around Wednesday next week. This would be when I would need to be having a transfer.

The only thing I could think of was if he could do an egg pick up in the next two days and we left for Greece early.

My FS said the progynova should have suppressed my cycle and stopped me ovulating and when I asked Dr Kanakas about having a transfer so late in my cycle he said don't worry because I am on the progynova.

Yasna seeing that great big perfect follicle was hard for me. I always want to cling to miracles and not give up hope. But my boyfriend is a scientist and a realist and he reminded me my FS didn't want to continue treating me because he saw no point. So my boyfriend is not wrong. But obviously we have all read stories of miracles happening.

And no I don't want more waiting. There has been too much waiting and planning. Too much to organise for this trip away with a child and animals etc and too much money spent. It will be another $500 to change flights.

Counting down the hours until morning in Greece and hopefully some answers.

I also asked my FS about number of embryos to transfer Jamellabeth and he is a firm believer in 1. He believes the risks are too high and reminded me of the chance of ending up with three babies He said having two transferred only gives you a slightly greater chance of success, but did understand when travelling overseas for a transfer there is a bit more to weigh up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank goodness The doctor Kanakas! Everything is fine and on track.

what a relief.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommend a good gp and gyno

Hi all I'm in glen waverley Victoria and need to find a new GP and gyno to get me started on my journey any recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Positano, Sounds like you heard back from Dr Kanakas? I hope it all has worked out ok for you. Please keep us informed. I didn't realise this type of hiccup could happen. I think my cycle will include an injection to suppress any follicle development. Hi Wetsetter - Yes I too thought progynova was just to enhance the lining??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post
    Hi all I'm in glen waverley Victoria and need to find a new GP and gyno to get me started on my journey any recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sharon
    Hi SharonG

I have heard varying degrees of comments about Monash... I notice they have a FS at Glen Waverley... I'm in Qld. Perhaps there may be someone from down your way that can offer better advice. Also you might like to look on another thread on Bubhub forum for guidance? In the past I have found if you select a clinic and google the clinic name or FS name, usually if their is any bad feedback about them it will show up in your search results. hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

SharonG  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi Positano, Sounds like you heard back from Dr Kanakas? I hope it all has worked out ok for you. Please keep us informed. I didn't realise this type of hiccup could happen. I think my cycle will include an injection to suppress any follicle development. Hi Wetsetter - Yes I too thought progynova was just to enhance the lining??
    Hi Cherrycp,

not or sure what my FS was going on about now. He has called me now with blood results and agreed Dr Kanakas is right and I could have a transfer right up until day 20 of my cycle.

Dr Kanakas said he does not do a suppression cycle as it produces better results by not suppressing.

So CherryCP don't worry. It seems all is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonG View Post

Many thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I saw Dr John Adams in Glen Waverley he found my fibroids and also my husbands MFI. He bulk bills and operates out of Sandringham hospital. If you go private he uses the Como. He will use bulking billing clinics for scans and things save you heaps. Due this can be alittle bit of a wait too see him. Also has rooms in Dandenong.
    He then refered me to an FS after a few rounds of clomid.
    He can be a tad direct but he was nice and kind. When the infertility issues became major ones.
    His nurse is shared with a few FS from Monash. But choose another one who he felt was better for us.
    He is an OBYN as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

SharonG  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Hi Cherrycp,

not or sure what my FS was going on about now. He has called me now with blood results and agreed Dr Kanakas is right and I could have a transfer right up until day 20 of my cycle.

Dr Kanakas said he does not do a suppression cycle as it produces better results by not suppressing.

So CherryCP don't worry. It seems all is fine.

So glad to,read your update Positano phew what a stress.

Send you lots of sticky baby dust xxx

You will have an amazing trip the weather has been amazing. You will love it here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Positano, can imagine you feel so relieved.

cheery yep I had the down regulation - zoladex. It's not fun (the dr keep reading how to inject it over and over so this added to it it being a very good experience). However While I was there I did see a nurse who helped me thru a particularly traumatic miscarriage 5 years ago and she recognised me and gave lots of good wishes and hugs which was lovely (there really some beautiful medic personnel). I'm feeling a bit nauseous with it- but hey I get motion sickness so it doesn't take me much to feel queasy. I would have preferred not to take the drugs to down regulate but I am just going with the plan Iakentro have given me and crossing my fingers.

frances I am packing right now, is it jeans and jumper weather or summer dresses? Thx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    Yeah Positano, can imagine you feel so relieved.

cheery yep I had the down regulation - zoladex. It's not fun (the dr keep reading how to inject it over and over so this added to it it being a very good experience). However While I was there I did see a nurse who helped me thru a particularly traumatic miscarriage 5 years ago and she recognised me and gave lots of good wishes and hugs which was lovely (there really some beautiful medic personnel). I'm feeling a bit nauseous with it- but hey I get motion sickness so it doesn't take me much to feel queasy. I would have preferred not to take the drugs to down regulate but I am just going with the plan Iakentro have given me and crossing my fingers.

frances I am packing right now, is it jeans and jumper weather or summer dresses? Thx
    I also had had to down regulate as I have a luteal phase defect, no amount of any progestrone will prevent my cycle. So I had to do the yucky nasal spray.

Its sort of in between weather, warm in the sun in the arvo nice in cargo pants. Jeans and a light cardigan at night. One night needed a light coat.
    Its been about 23-25 during the day rather warm in the sun. At night around 15 -18. Perfect by Melbourne standards.

Last edited by francesthecat; 30-04-2015 at 18:19.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (30-04-2015)