Closed Thread
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chillout - my Hysteroscopy was done under general anaesthetic by a gyno/FS, I think a gyno would have to refer you/do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Embryos transfered & OMG and frosties as well. I've only ever had them before due to Monash stuff up or they have nearly killed me at EPU with bowel injury or abscesses.

The delay was due to the orthodox Easter

I must overshare if any ladies are traveling here alone, avoid hotels around Ononoia Square area. (IMO)
    Police don't worry about the working girls, they are cracking down on the drug dealers and street gangs. DH spent awhile chatting to the Police while buying dessert tonight.
    No more than 30/40 euro for what ever you want. Lol
    Some hotels have ladies lined up at the entrances all hours of the day and night.
    I would not be out late at night like we were when at the President.
    Not as many nice places to eat. Lots of amazing bakeries of course.
    Things are cheaper here too, no wonder they thought we morons trying to buy a carton of milk. Coffee or tea here is 1 euro or even less.
    Close to the metro.
    I bought some of those beads as well. Some onyx ones cheaper than Plaka too.
    Hondos Centre is close by, we got several free gifts with our purchases.
    Body wash we must look dirty. Cigarette lighters tea towels and odd things.
    They had the full Roit squad plus the army here on every corner Saturday night.
    This is just our experience some one else may have something else to say.
    We have not felt unsafe but we have been more careful as you would in any big city, or anywhere.

Next stop Hotel St George St George Lycabettus Hotel wonder what that's like

Hi Chillout,

i had to get an FS to do my hystersopy I could not find a GYNO who would do the procedure for me. Mind you Im on the wrong side of a few of them, at Monash.
    But was able to,get it done no cost he only charged the medicare rebate cost & covered for day surgery by PHI.
    See who your GP can refer you to.

Thank you for well wishes

Lots of baby dust

3. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @justcantstop, I totally understand your pain and anguish. I have endured the same battle and arguments for many years. I reached a point just prior to joining this forum when I decided to tell DH I was going down this path whether he contributed or not. (He promised me before we married that he would have children with me... then later changed his mind)

It's a complex story, but in short after many years of tears and countless arguments... I said I loved him dearly and wanted him to be a father to my children, but if he would not support me, then I would sadly have to go it alone. I know this sounds terrible... but i do not want to live with regret for the rest of my life. He finally relented and now here I am. I would love to start tomorrow... but once again I am trying to quell DHs fears by working a few extra months and saving extra money to help pay for it all.

Men just don't understand how we feel sometimes. Wanting a child is an inbuilt natural desire for a woman. You just can't switch it off. It has been a shock for me recently... after years of DH's opposition... now he has been talking about baby names (?) Go figure. They say women are confusing...

I hope you guys can sort it out. DE in Greece will really give you a great chance to have your much wanted bubba. I hope you will soon be able to join us on our journey. This forum is a great support.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 29-04-2015 at 20:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pupo Frances! Good luck lovely 😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat Congrats at becoming PUPO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh things move quick on this site. Lovely to see new ladies joining, it really does help to get things off your chest with others who have been thru the experience.

sharon, I have private health but as vixjc has said it doesn't cover any if this

frances, thanks for the info. I am trying to figure by looking at maps where everything is, what is the area u r suggesting to avoid? Good luck for the snuggle in- yeah for little embiees getting cosy

yasna, feel for u but everything will be alright.

Chillout yep I also had hysto (just last wed) with my FS

justcantstop, that's a big deal and sucks with all the other challenges that you also have one with DH. For me my relationship was always more important and I don't think you can force anyone to do anything or want something they don't want. Maybe just talk about how without giving it a go you will have regrets and see how he takes it. Talk about why he doesn't want it, really why he doesn't want it. Is your age a good excuse? I feel for you and hope it works out

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (29-04-2015),francesthecat  (30-04-2015),Yasna  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for kind words of support

WettSetter I would avoid staying in the hotels near Omonia Station. It's a red light district. Was advised by hotel staff to be very careful walking around at night. But that's just the same as at home.
    Not as many nice places to eat as other parts of town.
    Also what I call 4 star at home, is more like 3 star here.
    Just different standards, like the last hotel had no tissues, kettles or even cotton buds.

Hi Justcantstop & CherryCP I'd like to respond to your posts properly alittle later on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Wet setter  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agh I am having a panic. I had a scan this morning with my FS and the progynova has not suppressed my system so I have a lovely big 21mm follicle ready to ovulate which won't fit the timing for the transfer.

My FS had no answers so I don't know what Dr Kanakas can possibly do. Only possible solution I can think of is if the donor could have an egg pick up in next couple of days.

frustrated and upset. Boyfriend had to remind me that even though I have a lovely follicle I still have no chance of conceiving with my old eggs.

It it will be a long day waiting for morning in Greece.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Agh I am having a panic. I had a scan this morning with my FS and the progynova has not suppressed my system so I have a lovely big 21mm follicle ready to ovulate which won't fit the timing for the transfer.

My FS had no answers so I don't know what Dr Kanakas can possibly do. Only possible solution I can think of is if the donor could have an egg pick up in next couple of days.

frustrated and upset. Boyfriend had to remind me that even though I have a lovely follicle I still have no chance of conceiving with my old eggs.

It it will be a long day waiting for morning in Greece.
    Oh no !!! I was on 8 progynova a day, plus patches, plus estrodial (ive probably spelt that wrong) I was FULL of estrogen I had no follicles.. Your boyfriend is an *** for saying that, I would have sex you never know, you might conceive with your lovely follicle !!!! Thats just me being hopeful !!Perhaps you have to wait until you ovulate? I'm not sure how this works, Dr Nikos doesnt give you any meds to suppress your ovulation, lucky for me, I didnt anyway....hmmmm...I have no idea what you can do, have you asked your FS here? Talked to Nikos?

Dont fret, there is always a way around this, either more waiting, which sucks, or perhaps taking some Lucrin to suppress your ovulation for the next cycle? I had to put mine off for a month due to issues with period etc.. Babies come when they want, not when you want, my pregancy came as a surprise, since I really wanted to go in February, but it was March when I went...so dont worry, just find a solution!!! In the meantime punch your boyfriend for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh positano ..... I am no expert but I would think that if you are doing a fresh transfer with the donor that dr kanakas has aligned your cycles. If u don't have sex then the follicle means nothing. As long as you are aligned in your cycles it should be fine. I am assuming you are probably day 10 of your cycle, if she collects in the next day or so then you should b ok for transfer around 5/5. From what I know progynova is not used to suppress but rather build the lining- happy to be corrected. Fingers crossed for u today.