Closed Thread
Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamellabeth let me know what your FS about the number of embryos. I just can't find any research studies that show a huge difference in outcomes between having one or two embryos transferred. I can see a lot of research suggesting one embryo is a much better option for everyone - mother and babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcan'tstop I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I think Jamellabeth is right and rather than push him (I know how hard it is not to) give him a couple of days and then gently without getting his back up bring it up again.
    And yes continue with your skype call. Dr Kanakas will certainly reassure him if you can get him to join it.
    Not sure what his concerns are regarding your age as you are getting young eggs so there are no health issues. Dr Kanakas will certainly tell him this too. If you are healthy there is no issue with carrying a child from what I know.
    I certainly understand your questioning life too.
    I think I am about the youngest here at the moment - 42 but it was apparent when I started IVF at just over 41 that I had no eggs. Also at this age the eggs don't have enough energy left in the cells to carry them through.
    Push on with your dreams.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Dette  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop - Jamellabeth & positano, have put it beautifully.

I just want to add my support & say I understand.

I too have had my share of regrets about waiting & also fears about, is it too late, am I too old, but slowly, surely, one step at a time I've worked through them, as has my hubby. You will too!

Keep moving forward gently & DH will catch up. We all know men are a little slower usually to get on board.

Yasna - I'm so glad everything is ok. Hang in there, this first 12 weeks is certainly nerve racking.

Frances - yay for transfer tomorrow. Good luck sweet!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dette; 28-04-2015 at 15:28.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear juscantstop big hugs to you, I'm sure he will come around.

How many of you have private health insurance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Bupa. It will be useful now I'm pregnant but doesn't really help much pre-pregnancy. I have heard that you can claim some o/s medical costs via tax time but haven't spoken to the accountant yet. Does anyone else know if this is true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with Jamellabeth, @justcantstop I just want to give you a hug! The rest of Jamellabeth's advice is awesome so I don't really have anything to add to it, other than wondering if he's using your age as an excuse? Has he let go of the idea of having children and now is maybe overwhelmed by the idea of getting back on that rollercoaster? Or is there some reason he might be spooked about being you being an older mum and you both being older parents? Is the financial side concerning him i'e the costs of having kids that will still be hitting you around retirement age? I think sometimes men don't verbalise the actual concern so I'm wondering if there is something else behind it? Good luck hon' - that's really tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop im so sorry you have found yourself in this position just when you can see the end of the goal. I'm going to be a bit more harsher and say men can be such ****s at times and can be so selfish too. You are already full of regrets and hopefully he will come around, you need to do some real thinking and really decide if this is a deal breaker for you, you don't want to get to 60 and regret not trying nor hold resentment with your d/h that he did not let you pursue your dream, decide, let him know, you can always do it on your own !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Frances!
    @Dette - we claimed some os costs in the last tax round but my understanding is that the legislation has changed and effective this tax year we won't be able to claim the costs (ie the round used to create our frosties). Bummer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Sharon,

He does prefer to use Skype I had my consults on Sunday evenings at home.

For the program he recommended for me, would easily be done with a good GP.
    As you start on the pill, he will advise you when to stop etc
    Then you start taking progynova tablets as per his instructions.
    Ive been able to get this tablets from any GP
    Plus Ive been able to get a bulk billing lining scan done from a local clinic.
    Buy the progesterone here in Greece soo much cheaper.

Unless you have immune issues or other complex issue with your uterus etc I think it could easily be done with a GP.
    Some medications which are used by other clinics GP are not able to prescribe such as the nasal spray, their computer systems don't allow it as its an authority script.

Best wishes xx

Vixjc I also could not help and buy my donor a gift as well. I bought a pandora bracelet with rose charm on it. The bag and wrapping now looks rather battered but I hope she knows how much it means to us.

Yay count down is on Positano good luck Ill be cheering you on.

Welcome Jamellabeth

Thank you CherryCP for your well wishes. Ive also read really good things on FF site about Iakentro clinic. Even from people who did not get the result they wanted.
    Best wishes

Big hello to Yasna and Dette & your bubbas are snuggling
    And hello to everyone else sorry if I missed someone

Just want to say thank you for the support and kind wishes transfer is set for tomorrow and all embryos are still growing along.
    I want to transfer 3, but I will be guided by the Dr they may say no anyways

I did something totally out of character for me today out shopping, I bought the most cute baby mobile toy. We had a rule at home, no baby stuff. I since felt bad my own daughter had nothing Hubby was straight up yep lets buy that. He normally says no we have a rule. No matter if its even 1 $
    I also bought a gift for a friend who has recently had her baby. Ive avoided her ever since my daughters funeral when I found out she was pregnant. I just could not face her. I of course sent the proper thank you etc.
    They were the first people to give us a gift when my blabbering husband told them I was pregnant. They also bought me a gift at her funeral too.
    I was just about sobbing in the store, it felt good to buy something for her baby even if it made my cry.

Wishing everyone lots of baby dust

Francesthecat you are at Embryoland aren't you?

Why hey has there been a delay in transfer? How many embryos have you ended up with?

best wishes for a joyous transfer day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello for those of you who have had a hysteroscopy, can you tell me if it had to be referred by a FS or can a GP do it?