Closed Thread
Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woo hoo Yasna for great results

My my cycle here has dragged out longer finally embies growing away. Did not need double donor, they could not believe the blunt rudeness of the letter our old FS from Monash sent us. About my husbands results, they thought I was mad wanting the double donor.
    This FS is known to push his mates clininc also charges a hefty refferal fee 5 times the amount of Wazza. Plus sub par service from his surly staff too.
    We got 100 % fert rate, if this is the real result. Grow bubbas grow

New Hotel as well Polis Grand Hotel hubby has already been propositioned by two hookers lol.
    Not sure what he would get for $ 10 euro while out buying some bread for rolls. I bought up before we changed hotels. That supermarket is great like Aldi cheap and they sell everything. Down the road from the President.
    Hotel is nice rooms are small no kettles, I bought one at the super makert near the President Hotel.
    OMG the wifi is free and in the rooms
    Got a nice fruit basket as the glasses here were grubby, again I bought my own cups and plastic glasses to drink duty free out off. Dragged all the way from home to Duabi and now here.
    Plus my own tea veggiemite, plastic plates spoons etc cleaning wipes etc.
    Emirates staff looked at us odd whe they saw me wiping down the seats with cleaning spray and disinfectant etc, this was in business class.

Also so on flights we fly Emirates as I'm a member get the car service. We have gone via Dubai for a short hoilday both times.
    But won't bother if there is a next time. The stop overs would be a pain. Their lounge won't accept any vouchers either, you need to have ahigh level membership holder or have business or first class tickets. Just to get in there.
    Spoke with a local travel agent, the local airline is cheap and also operated by Ethiad. So you pay less and still get a good airline.

Enough out of me

Proper personals very soon xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    11174850_981944511836222_1338856853775618650_n.jpg

Hi Ladies
    I saw this on a another group and thought I'd post it here - its a great reminder that genetics is one thing but biology is another!
    (it is an ad)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (27-04-2015),Dette  (26-04-2015),Positano1  (25-04-2015),Yasna  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances - snuggle in little ones! Good luck sweet, now comes the dreaded 2 week wait. When are you heading back or are you staying in Greece till positive test ?

Postanio - you must be getting excited? Not long now till you're off!!!
    Last edited by Dette; 26-04-2015 at 08:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default welcome

Hi Justcantstop! Welcome to this thread. I am a newbie too. I am guessing a lot of us ladies on this thread are in the 40+ range...??? I will fess up... I will be 46 around the time I go to Greece. Both of my grandmas had children naturally in their 40's. I've done a fair bit of research on this topic and years ago, it wasn't considered unusual for women to have children up to and into their early 50's. I guess with the advent of birth control, this occurrence has decreased significantly - but it still happens! If you are healthy there should not be any major probs, and being older means you have a wealth of experience and wisdom to draw on.
    It seems Wetsetter and I are taking a similar path with choosing a clinic. If you type into google: "fertility friends iakentro" and click on general support thread 26, you will find over 100 pages on this thread. If you want a good read over the weekend... start at page one. I founid this really useful.

Congrats Yasna!

Francisthecat - thinking of you. Hope all goes well.

Jamellobeth - thanks for the info on genes. I showed DH and said our bub will be 90% influenced by us as he will supply half of the 20%!

CherryCP
    Last edited by CherryCP; 26-04-2015 at 15:31.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New and starting my research

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this and have just started my research on egg donors in Greece.

I'm 45 and in my second marriage with no children, my new hubby has no children and I have 3 beautiful grown daughters from my first marriage.

I would love to have another child but given my age an egg donor is my only option.

I haven't even been to see my doctor as yet and would love if any of you ladies on here can advise me to the first steps I need to take to begin the process about going to Greece for getting pregnant.

The cost of everything from flights, accommodation and treatment to see if my dream is even possible.

Thank you

Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone!
    Well, I had my skype call with Dr Nikos last night - for just over an hour!
    He was just wonderful, chatted to our son (6yr old) and even held up a pic of him that I had sent him earlier in the week. Our son was quite excited!

We are now officially looking at mid July, he is sending me a list of scripts, blood tests etc today and he basically said from this point he will be in contact almost weekly to monitor my cycle.

Dr Nikos will now start looking for our egg donor, apparently I look very greek but have a french nose - LOL! He also couldn't get over how alike my son and I look so he is going to try to find someone as close as possible.

I did ask him about how much we will know about our donor and he said we get a page or so of info about her including, DOB, height, weight, hair & eye colour, skin colour, likes, dislikes, interests etc and he also mentioned that the donor gets about half of the fee and assured me that she is well looked after and not over stimulated.

We asked lots of questions but I'm feeling really confident that we've made the right choice in Embryoland

When mentioned the increased risk of twins, DH nearly fell of his chair and is having nightmares already about having 2 toddlers - LOL!

So fingers crossed (and lots of prayers) we could be well pregnant by Christmas!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations jamellabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    HI everyone!
    Well, I had my skype call with Dr Nikos last night - for just over an hour!
    He was just wonderful, chatted to our son (6yr old) and even held up a pic of him that I had sent him earlier in the week. Our son was quite excited!

We are now officially looking at mid July, he is sending me a list of scripts, blood tests etc today and he basically said from this point he will be in contact almost weekly to monitor my cycle.

Dr Nikos will now start looking for our egg donor, apparently I look very greek but have a french nose - LOL! He also couldn't get over how alike my son and I look so he is going to try to find someone as close as possible.

I did ask him about how much we will know about our donor and he said we get a page or so of info about her including, DOB, height, weight, hair & eye colour, skin colour, likes, dislikes, interests etc and he also mentioned that the donor gets about half of the fee and assured me that she is well looked after and not over stimulated.

We asked lots of questions but I'm feeling really confident that we've made the right choice in Embryoland

When mentioned the increased risk of twins, DH nearly fell of his chair and is having nightmares already about having 2 toddlers - LOL!

So fingers crossed (and lots of prayers) we could be well pregnant by Christmas!
    that is wonderful news, I am new and looking at going to Greece for a donor, can you tell me about your experience and how you started the process. Do you have your own doctor at home or have you just felt with embryoland?

sharon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SharonG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds great Jamellabeth, and so lovely that he has really included DS in the process. It's great when you start getting the plan hey! It feels so much closer when you are starting those tests and filling in paperwork. July will be nice and toasty in Athens too! Great time to take a holiday on an island as well if you can swing it? Looking forward to hearing how things progress for you :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sharon - welcome to our thread :-) We all have a slightly different journey but I'll try to answer your questions generally.

- you can start the process in three ways (1) by your FS arranging it OR (2) contacting a clinic directly (Serum and Embryoland have been popular on this thread OR (3) using an agent such as Ruth Pellow.
    - once you gave a clinic on board, then you get your program. You need an FS or GP in Aust to orescribe your meds and any blood tests procedures or scans your clinic requires.
    - the process from commencement in contact to receipt of embryo can be quite fast, 6 weeks or so, but it will depend on your cycle and your clinic and the way your protocol is going to run. Sometimes you can just tell the clinic the dates you'll be there and they facilitate it to make sure you have a transfer in that time (that's what I did - my dh flew over early to leave a sample for freezing in order to make this possible), or you can be more fluid and head over in response to your donors cycle.

Costs - my last cycle cost between $12-$14,000 including flights, accommodation, medication, blood tests, scans FS appointments, and the fee to the clinic (and I also bought a Tiffany gift for the donor).

Once you decide on your clinic it is really quite easy as the experience on this thread has been that those clinics have great customer service. The harder part can be timing the trip, but as I discovered, there are ways around that too :-).

Hope that helps! Let us know if there are any more specific questions you have, the girls on here have a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Double post ...