Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vixjc, The cost of changing your flight seems reasonable. Can I ask which airline you went with? I haven't done much travel. Are there any airlines you would recommend (good or bad)? Thanks heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've flown Emirates, Qatar and Etihad in the past. Last time was Etihad so it was that ticket which didn't cost much to change - I don't know if there pricing has changed from 12 months ago. I liked Etihad, good plane, good service, good flight times and the stop over was long enough to stretch your legs but not so long that you get bored. Qatar was fine but the changeover in Qatar is so short that any delay means you miss your connecting flight and the airport is a boring place to spend 5 hours! Emirates is fine but tends to have long stopovers in Dubai, boring. Also they use Qantas to do some legs so last time DH went over Qantas, as usual, left late so he missed his connecting flight in Dubai and they didn't have another flight to Athens till the next day which was going to arrive after his return flight to Aus would already have left. Cue big tanty by DH and they got him to Athens via Turkey - he was in Athens for 15 hours. The things we do!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (24-04-2015),Jamellabeth  (23-04-2015),Wet setter  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just booked with Etihad. With their cheapest ticket it's $250 to change flights. This price then decreases as you pay more.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so looking forward to hearing how it goes for those of you doing a cycle soon. It's reassuring to know you guys have been to these clinics and are speaking from experience.

I have contacted Embryoland. Hopefully someone from there will get back to me soon. Who is Ruth?

Btw, how do you send a PM on this board? It's probably obvious. LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    absolutley cherry will share how it goes

justcantstop welcome to this forum, i joined 2 months ago when i had choosen enough of ivf with 'our goods' and the ladies on here really have been amazing especially vixcj.
    ruth pellow is a uk fertility nurse who i found through my searches, you can look her up under ivftreatmentabroad. she is based in greece and is like go between you and the clinic. some people like this and some dont. it works for me cos she answers every single silly question i have really quick and that has eleveated some stress for me.
    good luck in your research, as others have said to me, only you can decide and in the end it is what feels right.

yah for booking flights positano

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop - I'm not too good with sending PM's either! I'm not too good on tech stuff, can barely work my own microwave ;-). I think it's different on phones vs laptop, feel free to jump in and correct me ladies, but I think that from a pc if you click on the person's name on the top left of their post, it then comes up with 4 options including viewing their profile, sending a message etc - I don't know how it works from the phone app though 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - good luck today with your scan. I hope you get to see a strong, beautiful heartbeat.

Xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I hope you are all doing well!

My research is continuing along. Dr. Kanakas from Embryoland contacted me and asked me for some information. I have sent it to him so hopefully we will be able to set up a Skype call and discuss my case, etc. I watched some Youtube videos of him, he seems nice enough!

I've also had contact with Rania who said she's responding to my inquiry to Serum. But her email address is from visitandcare.com so I don't know if she is a liaison or she works for the clinic directly. She sent me some forms and said that Dr. Lefteri would review them. Is that the doctor those of you using Serum have worked with?

I am going to try to PM Stacey to see what her thoughts are about Embio. I know she said to avoid that clinic. My sister-in-law who lives in Greece says that the doctor there is somewhat of a celebrity on the talk shows and what not. She does not know anything about the reputation of any of these clinics but she had heard of him! I don't know what to make of that. If Stacey has had recent personal experience there, I'm more apt to take her word and go with one of the others that everyone seems to speak positively about.

My husband is very leary about this. He thinks it is too much of a risk for me to carry the baby (should it work) at my age (47, will be 48 if we do it this Fall and it works). I don't have any health issues and while I realize I am not a spring chicken anymore, I think its doable and I really want to try. Besides, if not, then we are talking about a surrogate, I guess. That's crazy expensive here in US ($120,000 to $150,000) and would not be an option! I have no idea if they do surrogacy in Europe as I never thought of it. I am hoping if we Skype with the doc, he will calm my husband down!
    What do you think about this issue? I hear women carrying children over 50. I'm sure its not easy/the best scenario, but it is what it is. LOL

Wetsetter: what stage are you at with Iakentro? What did you mean about all the options etc. what type of IVF are you doing?
    Frances: How is it going in Greece (I think its you in Greece, not too good with the names yet!)
    Wishing everyone else good vibes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop, tell your husband to settle down Absolutely no reason why you can't carry a baby if your healthy !! That's all we need from our partners, going on about our age !! I know it mostly comes from a good pl but geeze, it's not like we need it shoved in our faces Anyhow I have 10 mth old twins and I'm 48, will be going back for my frosties at 49, pregnancy was excellent, tired, but everyone gets tired, not just 40+ yr olds Yes clinics in Europe do surrogacy, not sure if you have to have your own one though, and each country will,have differing laws regarding surrogacy.
    Yasna good luck !!
    Last edited by stacey10; 24-04-2015 at 14:04.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I've been MIA the last few days with no power, no internet, no phones errrr . . . its been like living in a cave!
    @Yasna - good luck for your scan today! I'll be thinking of you!

Welcome @justcantstop! I've only just started this journey myself less than a month ago and its moving along very quickly! I've spoken to Dr Nikos (Kanakas) in Embryoland, he called me on my mobile last week and we sent a few emails back and forth along with pics of myself and our 6yr old son. We have our Skype call booked for this Sunday. We were initially looking at going in September this year but we may be bringing it forward to July.

I'm 46 - 47 in December and I'm not worried about carrying a baby, my FS did a stack of tests and she was confident that I shouldn't have any problems. I have a friend who was lucky enough to find a local egg donor and she had her little boy last year at 48 so I wouldn't worry if I were you!

@Positano1 - you must be so excited! have you started packing yet? I can't wait to hear how it all goes over there with Dr Nikos! How long are you planning on being over there?

@francesthecat - how's greece? hope its all going well for you!
    Last edited by Jamellabeth; 24-04-2015 at 09:50.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (24-04-2015)