Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

I am new here. I stumbled upon this site when doing some research about donor egg in Greece. I live in New York and have had no success with IUI and IVF here. About 6 years ago my husband and I gave up because donor egg here was too expensive and not covered by our insurance. The donor compensation alone was more than the cost of the whole cyle in Greece. Ironically, my husband is Greek and we go to Greece every year or two to visit family. I never know Greece had good IVF clinics, good donor programs, etc. ,etc. After learning of this option, we've decided to try again. I am 47 so my time is truly running out!

In any event, I have been told about several clinics and I am trying to figure out which to choose. They are: Serum, Ebryoland and Embio.

It is my understanding that the success rates are not verified like they are here in America and was told not to go just by that. But that what do I go by if I don't know anyone personally whose used a particular clinic? Obviously, all of their websites look good!!

I am trying to get any and all recommendations and I see that this board is pretty active with ladies even cycling in Greece right now!

Any of you who can give me info on any of these clinics and what you know or what you've heard about them would be greatly appreciated. Its all so overwhelming and very different since I can't just hop in the car and go see the places.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcantstop you have come to a good place! I am also in the researching stage and have found this site very helpful and the ladies on it very supportive. I think serum and embryo land have a lot of supporters on this site. Also check out fertilityfriends.co.uk as many UK ladies go overseas for ed and there are separate forums for the different clinics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome justcantstop :-). Chillout is right, Embryoland and Serum have a lot of support on this thread and fertility friends is really helpful. My understanding is that in Greece they can assist you up to age 54 so you've got a few years yet :-)

I went to Serum and loved it. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe I'm back to researching clinics. Overseas no less! Reading the posts here make it all sound so doable. It's the first time in a long time I feel positive. I went to two of the top clinics in NYC with no luck. But that was with my own poor quality eggs. The doc suggested donor right away but we were in denial I guess. Now I feel like I have to try or I will regret it.

I have been contacted by de coordinators at serum and embio so far. Doc from embio called me as well but I was at work. I'd like to do a phone or Skype call to review my situation, here what they say and then pick one I guess.

Im hoping to go to Athens for a consultation this Summer and then return in the Fall for treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcan'tstop, DO NOT GO TO EMBIO !!! NOT a good clinic at all, very shonky !!!! If you want more info pm me and I will happily share

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Dette  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justcan'tstop I was in the same position as you only a few months ago. It felt like I was jumping off a cliff.

I was looking at the Czech Republic and Zlin. However the waiting times were very long for these places.

I heard about someone who went to Embryoland and had success and I spoke with them on the phone. I then had a skype call with Dr Kanakas who referred me to two other women in Australia in a similar position to me. Everyone has said the same thing about Dr Kanakas and the clinic so I felt confident with that.

Then I contacted a clinic in Denmark who told me they don't have donors and send their patients to Embryoland. Danes have a very high standard so a recommendation from them was very good.

I liked the fact I could personally connect with Dr Kanakas. I had a lot of trust in my FS here so having the same with a Greek clinic was important to me.

I also felt confident he would choose a donor who would fit with my family. He took pictures of myself and my partner and all information and has also seen my son on skype.

I am off on the 4th May.

My biggest dilemma now is whether to transfer one or two embryos. Most of the women I have spoken to from Embryoland have twins. I don't want twins.

Good luck with your research. I understand it feels scary and like stabbing in the dark. One phone with Dr Kanakas and you will be on your way. No consultation trip needed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    Hi Frances, hope it's going well over there. Not sure if I missed the 'other clinic' you are referring to. If you don't want to say which one it is I understand, could you let me know if it is Iakentro though? Thankyou

hang in there yasna, try to think good things. After all you are pregnant, keep thinking positive

Hi Wett Setter,

No not all I've had some dealings with Ruth Pellow and Iakentro all were very good. The only thing that put me off was, in possible double donor they would not let me split the batch.
    So basically having all options, I wanted do both, just mix them up at transfer. So we covered all the bases.
    They were straight up about that, not say yeah yeah and then you get here and oh no.

We are not sure if that's what is needed at the moment. It will depend on the results of the day.

Im referring to Embino this is what both the chemist guy and a customer were talking about yesterday here in Greece.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Dette  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx francesthecat, always good to check the clinic you have chosen hasn't had a bad wrap.... Phewwww after all that research I'm glad to hear you say that.

i can understand why you would want to try both options, hope it works out or you. We don't have that option anymore so hoping by removing us out of the equation our chances are better -DH and I are looking on the humorous side now and saying we are 'moving aside and letting the youngens give it a shot for us'
    good luck with the rest of the trip, sending u good vibes
    Last edited by Wet setter; 22-04-2015 at 19:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

just a quickie for those enquiring about September in Greece - it's all good. I know Serum shuts down for all of August & I believe quite a few other clinics as well. August is the peak summer holiday time for most Greek people.

Serum will answer emails etc but is not actively open for transfers - well it wasn't last August, as I adjusted my dates to September.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi WetSetter, All my dealings have been through Ruth as I haven't yet decided between Iakentro/Newlife or Athens/Thessaloniki. Similar to you, all of my questions are answered adequately by Ruth so I haven't yet had any need to contact the clinics directly. Most if the written info Ruth sends me, ie. treatment plan, required tests, etc is on the Clinic's letterhead, so that info is coming direct from the clinic. Looking forward to hearing how your treatment progresses with Iakentro.
    CherryCP