Closed Thread
Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update re Embryoland

I spoke with Dr Kanakas - {such a lovely man} last night and he confirmed that the costs are approx 5,700 euros + 900 for the donor meds etc, he doesn't egg share so thats why its slightly higher than other clinics which means that you get the total number of eggs from the donor. (in clinics that share the donors eggs the clinic receives double the amount for the one donor ie 10,000 euros from 2 recipients for the same donor cycle)

I asked him about freezing & storage afterwards and its another 500 euros for the first year then less per year afterwards but that is for all the embryos created (Serum was 1000 euros for every 2 embryos)

He was just gorgeous on the phone (he called me on my mobile!) and we have a skype call booked for next Sunday! He was really concerned that I have been in complete menopause for the last 4 years ie zero period and was relieved when I told him that my FS had put me on the pill 4 months ago, so all good.

In the meantime I need to send him some pics of me and my son (DH doesn't count - LOL!) so he can get an idea of what I look like and what sort of donor I need etc.

Its funny that after waiting what feels like a lifetime to try and find a donor here etc that this is just moving along so quickly and easily!
    My FS is away til Monday so I just need to give her a call and see if she will support O/S egg donation (fingers crossed she does!) then its all go.

Feeling excited!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Beaglebaby!
    Good Luck with your trip, it seems that there are a couple of ladies heading over next month!
    Which clinic are you going to? I'm looking at Serum and Embryoland - still deciding between them.

We were planning on going in September but the way its moving we might be looking at July instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Dette - do you have your scan today? Exciting times! Good luck lovely girl - I'm wishing you two lovely heartbeats xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agh my period is late the only times it has been late was when I had a cyst twice during my ivf cycles. After counting the days to it I am now frustrated.

my stomach is also ridiculously bloated. I literally look like I'm 4 mths pregnant.

Jamellabeth I am very excited for you. Dr Kanakas does make it all seem very easy and real. And yes quick too. very soon you will be pregnant and then holding your baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Positano1 - I'm really looking forward to our Skype call! Even my skeptical DH was excited last night

I feel your pain, isn't it always the way, when you want your period its MIA! I'm sure that tomorrow you will be will shouting from the roof tops - my period is here!!!

In the meantime, have a glass of wine, a hot bath and a block of chocolate, tomorrow will be the day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Postiano, your period will come soon, sometimes having sex helps move things along for me...

I look forward to hearing about all you girls !

Me, Im just tired, no crazy symptoms other than that, im so paranoid that im buying a clearblue digital in Monday to see the 3+ weeks. Its all too unreal for me, I feel so blessed and stressed at the same time. Worried about my first scan!
    10 more sleeps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning lovely ladies,

well, i had my scan yesterday & yay, Vixjc, you were right, I'm having twins!!!!!! It was so amazing to see two little heartbeats.

Stacey, please feel free to give lots & lots of advice on twins.

Jamellabeth - wow, things are progressing. How exciting, Skype next Sunday. Can't wait to hear how you go.

Beagle baby - good luck! It's exciting to actually start meds & know you are on your way. Do you have flight dates yet?

positano - I hope today is period day. Very frustrating!!!

yasna - how is the wait for the scan going? I found it took forever, but ...... It was so worth it! When you see that heartbeat/s, it's such a huge relief. I think you might have twins like me, as your hcg count was very similar to mine.

Frances - how's it going in Greece?

Chillout - how are you going with your research; have you narrowed down your clinics?

cherry - hope you & DH are doing ok? My thoughts & prayers are with you. Ps. Thanks for the link on epigenetics. I've just had a chance to read it, & I found it very reassuring.

have a great weekend!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. My doctor told me yesterday that it's not worth doing the harmony test with twins? Apparently the latest research shows that they can't get a proper reading.

Has anyone heard about this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette congratulations!!
    Many women do do the harmony test, I think it's more accurate than the combined nuchal scan/blood test with twins, I had a huge argument with the u/s pl when doing my nuchal test as the blood test throws things off with twins and isn't recommended but they wouldn't do the u/s without me doing the blood test, even with my doctor ringing them, with twins the nuchal u/s should just be done on the age/nuchal fold measurements, if you can understand that lol I think what your doctor maybe meaning, is that if they pick up an abnormality they cant tell which twin it's from so you would need to go on to have further testing if you wanted a more accurate answer. I just did the nuchal scan and went on the measurements and I was happy with my measurements of 1.6 and 1.7mm
    I've got lots of info but the main ones for a successful pregnancy I think, are to make sure you drink plenty of water everyday as dehydration can cause uterine contractions which in a twin pregnancy can lead to preterm labour, you also need to eat around 9 serves of protein a day, so that could be poaches eggs for breakfast, a smoothie with milk, yoghurt and protein powder for morning tea, a can of tuna with salad etc for lunch, handful of raw almonds etc for afternoon snack things like that, it's extremely import as a twin pregnancy is totally different to a singleton pregnancy, you need to take a lot more care of yourself and make sure you get plenty of rest as well, the babies growth slows down by 36 wks, (with a singleton that's when growth picks up) you will generally need to put on between 20-25 kgs as well, so no stressing about weight!! 60% of twin pregnancies come before 36 wks so it's good to be realistic that your babies may have to spend some time in scbu, hopefully if you rest up and take I easy they will get to 37 wks which is considered term for a twin pregnancy I put myself on modified bed/couch rest once I hit 28 wks. Bleeding at some stage is also very common in a twin pregnancy as well. Anytime you have any questions do t hesitate to ask and if I think of anything more I'll let you know
    Last edited by stacey10; 18-04-2015 at 08:43.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Dette  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette - words cannot adequately express how very happy I am for you and DH 😄. Huge HUGE hugs to you my dear! Now go put your feet up while you can and enjoy knowing you're a mum xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Dette  (20-04-2015)