Closed Thread
Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsJT View Post
    Massive massive congratulations Yasna!
    That is so exciting! I bet you feel a massive relief with each increasing number you get! I am so happy for you. It must be the best feeling!

Thank you so much for the information about Embryoland. It helps so much to hear from ladies that have actually been to the clinic and met the doctors. Every bit of information helps me! I never thought I was a crazy organised person but for this I just want to know what I'm getting in for and to make the best choice that I can make
    Thanks again xx
    Thank you so much, I hope I can help you..

This is my 10th attempt at IVF and my first donor egg attempt. I've had a blighted ovum in 2011 which I had to get a D&C, then in 2013 I fell pregnant with twins from my own eggs, I was over the moon, but one vanished, well it was a blob, and the heartbeat stopped at 9 weeks for my other one. Then I got another D&C. It broke my heart, I cried for weeks. I was an emotional wreck. I then tried another round of IVF with my eggs 4 months after losing my baby, one last shot, my 9th time at IVF. Nothing happened, so it was then I realised, if I wanted a baby in my arms, I had to use someones healthy young eggs. I've cried a million tears, since over the years I've had over 60 eggs removed from my body, all possible babies with my genetics, my nose, my eyes, my lips my hands, my vanity stopped me from trying earlier to have a donor egg baby. Now I'm grateful and excited at this wonderful opportunity to grow and create a human being, feeling like the earth mother I've always admired and wanted to be, and not just a childless spinster.

Its still early days and I pray to every god and goddess that I give birth to a healthy and happy baby at the end of the year.

I wish everyone in here trying to conceive the best luck and remember if it doesnt work the first time, theres always a next time. The clinic in USA takes women up to 53 years of age, so I figured I still had loads of time. Don't stress ladies, theres hope for all of us...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsJT, I'm going to send off an email tonight to Dr Kanakas to clarify just a couple of things because I just wrote up the costs between the 2 clinics and there is a reasonable difference ie 300 euros for meds v's 900 euros and 5000 for the transfer v's 5700 euros. (though by the sounds of your post it could be slightly higher again)

It doesn't seem much but when you add it up and then add on flights (we need 3 because our son will have to come with us) and accom its starting to look closer to $20k rather than the $12-$15k that I had planned.
    Last edited by Jamellabeth; 14-04-2015 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woo hoo Yasna such great news for your beta tests.
    Yep was referring to the lovely Wazza not getting any kick backs. He just wants us
    Thanks for the transfer info he's picking us up from the airport. Your brother seems lovely.

Dette Rachael & Kathy thinking of you all xxx

Hi to everyone

Ewwk in Greece Wednesday Im already thinking of the food.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Francesthecat!
    Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I know the 5700 includes egg freezing. The lower cost does not. I have been assured there are no hidden or extra costs with Embryoland by women and you don't pay until you arrive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Taxi driver

Yasna is your taxi driver more expensive? Do they all just run on a metre?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna are you having symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Yasna is your taxi driver more expensive? Do they all just run on a metre?
    There is no metre running, he just charges the regular rate to and from airport, which is 35euro each way from President Hotel. I paid him like 60 or 70 euro for more than half a day running around showing me the sights etc..I did this a few times, it was well worth it, he knows exactly where to take you. I would ask him first, he might have given me sister rates, I really adored the guy, hes got twin b/g and a son ...real family man.

Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Yasna are you having symptoms?
    When I got back from Greece the next day I had period like pains, like my period was coming, I was so upset and stressed thinking " here she comes" ...and I still get a bit of cramping here and there...Lately my ovaries are a bit sore, I read that its because they are producing progesterone..

My biggest symptom so far was when I walked past the butcher near coles the other week and I literally gagged and nearly threw up, the smell really affected me !!..I rang mum straight away telling her !!!

My boobs hurt a bit but they arent firm yet... I'm kinda sleepy during the day, I had a nap today, most days im a bit exhausted and could use a nap, today I fell asleep watching Game of Thrones !!! Mum keeps asking if my nipples are darker, not yet..but no real cravings or hard core symptoms other than that !!! ????

I did run off and buy red rooster hot chips with extra salt, i really felt like it? not sure if it was a craving or just me being a piglet !!!

OMG Frances you are nearly over there !!!!!!! GOOD LUCK GIRL !!!

I havent heard from Rachel, hope everything is ok??????

I hope to hear from you girls next !!! by the time I get my scan in 2 weeks Frances and Positano should be PREGNANT!!!
    Last edited by Yasna; 14-04-2015 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,

Frances - yay, Wednesday, I'm soooooo excited for you!!!! You going, seemed ages away & now here we are. Much love, hope & baby dust for you.
    Please keep us posted!

Jamellabeth & Mrs JT - I was at Serum two months ago & the charges were £5000 for transfer, £300 for meds & £1000 per every two embro's you have frozen. I didn't pay any extra for lining scan & aqua scan.
    Good luck with your research & deciding. I'm sure either clinic will do their very best for you.

Chillout - wow, that's quite a choice you've got going on. That would totally make my head spin. I look forward to hearing more as you speak to each clinic.

Positano - good luck with Skype & choosing. I know either place will be fabulous & care for you.

Yasna - yay for beta & boo for two week wait. My two weeks before scan has been dragging! I can't wait to see the little heart beat/s. Then it will be waiting for the 12 week mark!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (15-04-2015),Yasna  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Frances!

Dette I'm so excited for your scan, I'm sending truckloads of positive thoughts and babydust your way! Is it far away? I've lost track of how far along you are. I think waiting for that scan is harder than the TWW after coming so close then having a loss. Are you hoping for twins? I would love to have 3 kids, but if I don't have twins on the next try I'll never be able to convince DH to go back for a third I don't think. Mind you the idea of twins excites and terrifies me in equal measure 😄

It's so great there are so many girls going over this year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Dette  (15-04-2015)