Closed Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    Oh my gosh, I'm suddenly so nervous!
    Last night I received a reply from Katie at Serum and tonight I received an email from Dr Kanakas!
    What did everyone use to compare the 2 clinics, what should I be looking for?
    Have the Skype call with Dr Kanakas. He will put you in touch with other women. Then you can ask more questions and all this will help you know which you feel most comfortable with.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok my shortlist for Skype calls is serum, institut marques in Barcelona, Gynem in Prague and reprogenesis in Brno (cz). Has anyone got any insight into any of the other three on here, just in case? I will also post in the cz thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got back from my final beta, I find out in 4 hours how my numbers are, in the meantime I'm going to be watching Game of Thrones !! wohooo

Putting away my claws and ceasing my catty nature about clinics and people trying to 'sell theirs' I thought I'd let you know where I was going prior to South Africa and Greece.

I was previously going to California Conceptions in USA, but alas I couldn't get a visa. They give you 3 cycles for 12.5k. They do an embryo share program and pick a profile for you according to your preferences. I'm still in contact with a woman who is now 14 weeks preggers because of them. We both had the same profile !!! I was looking forward to us being aunties....check it out if you prefer USA over Europe.

Heres the link to the forum where girls talk about the clinic, I would have definitely gone there if my visa didn't fall through. Have a look, but they make you jump through a few hoops; saline ultrasound, blood tests etc..there is also a 100% money back guarantee, but you have to have to get the saline test done there in California and some other minor details, its a good option for some. I wasnt going for the guarantee since I thought I would be fine with 3 goes.

http://community.babycenter.com/grou...ia_conceptions

As for Doctors getting kickbacks, I truly believe some are getting paid to send you to certain clinics. Dr Wazza is too straight up to bother, he just gives you a list of many clinics and you choose for yourself...
    Last edited by Yasna; 14-04-2015 at 07:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodmorning everyone!

Gosh I love reading all the news on here! It's so exciting and I love that we are all in this together

I am hoping someone is able to give me a little bit of advice and knowledge...

My husband and I are going to Greece at the end of September for our first try at donor egg IVF.
    I have spoken to both Dr Kanakis at Embryoland and Katie at Serum and right now we are trying to decide who to go with. It's a task!

Embryoland have said our cycle would cost about 7000 euros and Serum have said 5000 euros.

Is anyone able to tell me whether they have had a procedure at Embryoland and whether they paid around this amount? I just want to know whether this includes freezing remaining embryos? If you have had a cycle at Embryoland did you freeze any remaining embryos?

It is so hard to decide who to go with. I like the clinics equally and I am so nervous! There is so much info to try to get!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week - and Yasna good luck for your beta!

Xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJT For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsJT
    I'm in the same boat just started looking at both Serum and Embryoland with plans to head there in Sept!
    I have received emails from both and I'm hoping to organise a call with both of them later this week.

The quotes are:
    Serum - 5,000 euros for transfer + 300 for meds then another 1000 for storage
    Embryoland - 5,300 to 5,700 euros for transfer + 900 for meds and no mention of storage.

There were some other costs if I choose to have certain tests etc over there rather than in Australia (which I will do here if possible) but apart from that they were the only prices.
    Are they similar to yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JamellaBeth

Oh that's great, we are both looking at going over at the same time! We are in it together!

Yes that is the cost that Embryoland provided me in an email, but once I spoke to Dr Kanakas on Skype he said it will be closer to 7000 euros.
    I just wonder if the cost has increased from the email price as perhaps he is including all the storage and ultrasound tests in Athens? I'm not sure... Hopefully someone will be able to let us know what they paid and whether storage and the tests are included in it

I don't want to annoy Dr Kanakis too much so was hoping to avoid emailing him directly with these questions I have. And I think that any information will help from the ladies who have already gone over there when it comes to us choosing which clinic to use.

I, like you, would prefer to do the lining ultrasound and any blood tests or other tests here rather than when we are in Athens. I am just hoping for smooth sailing for the transfer and want to eliminate the possibility of surprises over there

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3rd and final beta came back at 2313 !!!!

Im happy its on the way up ~~~

Two more weeks and I get my first scan !! This will be worse than the 2ww for pregnancy test..but I plan to stay busy, do yoga, walk the dogs, rest, cook greek food, have dinner parties and keep on keeping on...

As for payment for Embryoland, I really cant remember how much i paid since I just threw money everywhere in Greece and really didn't care!~!! I was happy to pay whatever, since I would have paid 15k to go to USA and I budgeted for that, so I thought that Embryoland was cheap in comparison, I'm the worst person to ask, since I'm terrible with money.

I think Dr Kanakas charges to freeze, cant remember again how much?? but I have 2 frosties waiting for me when I'm ready to go again..

Here are a few reasons why I really liked Embryoland:
    1. You get to talk to the doctor who will be doing your transfer.
    2. Dr Kanakas is always available on the telephone. Always !!!
    3. The price was reasonable I thought.
    4. You can choose your own sperm donor.
    5. He chooses the egg donor, I really liked the pressure taken off me.
    6. Dr Kanakas is delightfully quirky, friendly and loves his job.
    7. The location was good, next to the hotel I stayed in, handy.
    8. Dr Kanakas only puts you on limited medication, no steroids etc.
    9. He seems to have a genuine interest in getting you pregnant.
    10. When I was crying prior to transfer he was nurturing and assuring.
    11. I just really liked the guy after I talked to him, I'm a good judge of character.

Good luck, but theres my 11 reasons, I hope you make the right choice, but seriously on the day of my transfer, there were 3 women in his office who just found out they were pregnant, one couple from Australia and 2 local Greek women, I hugged them all and I think thats where my luck came from. Apparently its good luck to touch a pregnant woman when you want to conceive.
    The day of my transfer, three women other than myself are now all pregnant. This gives me faith in him and his clinic. Lets hope we all have babies for xmas !!!

Last edited by Yasna; 14-04-2015 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive massive congratulations Yasna!
    That is so exciting! I bet you feel a massive relief with each increasing number you get! I am so happy for you. It must be the best feeling!

Thank you so much for the information about Embryoland. It helps so much to hear from ladies that have actually been to the clinic and met the doctors. Every bit of information helps me! I never thought I was a crazy organised person but for this I just want to know what I'm getting in for and to make the best choice that I can make
    Thanks again xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJT For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I, like you, would prefer to do the lining ultrasound and any blood tests or other tests here rather than when we are in Athens. I am just hoping for smooth sailing for the transfer and want to eliminate the possibility of surprises over there"

In regards to scans, I had them done here until I flew there. My lining was a crappy 6.5 here and by the time I got to Greece and was put on progesterone it increased slightly, Dr Kanakas monitored me and I got a decent lining by the time I had transfer, around 7-8mm??? My lining was thicker on one side and he said that he would guide the transfer by ultrasound to place the embryo in the thickest part. He is very honest and tells you everything !!

Don't be shy to call him, hes always happy to chat, but just don't call him around 12-1pm Greek time because he will be doing transfers. Otherwise I have accidentally called him at 6am his time and woken him up, instead of being rude, he said " tell me what your lining is?" I really think he puts in waaaay to much time for his job and seems super keen to get you pregnant. When you speak to him you will feel comfortable, he is dedicated and persistent.

Ok I'll stop boasting about him now. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Yasna thats awesome!!!!!!
    Yay, now you can relax and enjoy being pregnant!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-04-2015)