Closed Thread
Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette I hope the scan goes well, and Id love to hear how fast the heartbeat its!

I'm counting the days until my 7 week scan, but in the meantime I'm keeping my spirits up by digital testing...I'm 5 weeks today!!! Hope to last another 35!!! I'm so scared it will just dissapear, hence peeing on a stick to keep me sane!!!

Apparently I'm supposed to find an obtetrician soon! Any suggestions from the Brisbane girls? So far I'm thinking Alex Alexander, I did a cycle with him when Wazza was away...he seems genuine and kind.

I bought the ring in Greece, its the Greek alphabet!

I hope all our dreams come true and we have a fertile year ahead of us!!

image.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (05-05-2016),Vixjc  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Hi Yvonne and Helen! Wow - this thread is really happenin!

Yes - choosing is difficult. It's really a personal thing you must feel confident with. It is a big monetary and emotional investment that is hopefully going to impact the rest of your life (after your BFP!) I, like many others, found 'Fertility Friends' (and Bubhub!) forums quite a saviour.

Another word of advice I'd probably give, is make sure the clinic you select has a good success rate on both frozen and fresh embryo's (not just fresh).

I really loved these thought provoking short articles about who is the baby's biological mother: http://ivftreatmentabroad.com/women-...gical-mothers/

and epigenetics: http://ivftreatmentabroad.com/epigenetics-introduction/

Good luck with choosing! Hopefully I will bump into you in September. Sorry for my ramblings. Hope this helps.

CherryCP.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 13-04-2015 at 20:16.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Dette  (18-04-2015),Jamellabeth  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Dette I hope the scan goes well, and Id love to hear how fast the heartbeat its!

I'm counting the days until my 7 week scan, but in the meantime I'm keeping my spirits up by digital testing...I'm 5 weeks today!!! Hope to last another 35!!! I'm so scared it will just dissapear, hence peeing on a stick to keep me sane!!!

Apparently I'm supposed to find an obtetrician soon! Any suggestions from the Brisbane girls? So far I'm thinking Alex Alexander, I did a cycle with him when Wazza was away...he seems genuine and kind.

I bought the ring in Greece, its the Greek alphabet!

I hope all our dreams come true and we have a fertile year ahead of us!!

Attachment 69247
    I had Dr Tuicolo for my son 8 yrs ago. He is at Everton Park. Depends what you hope to achieve with your birth. Dr Tuicolo will stand back and let you take your time. I had a birth with no drugs, no gas, no intervention and I had a doula - Liz Leyes. Highly recommend her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vikjc do you mind saying how many eggs you got each cycle and how many day 5 blasts that translated to? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been looking at clinics in Spain, Greece and Czech Republic and having trouble narrowing down from my final 7! However, for me serum made the cut but not embryoland. Whilst it is great dealing directly with a doctor, I have found serum much more responsive - no doubt because they have someone separate dealing with all the admin and patient stuff! I work in a healthcare company myself and know first hand that the doctors are the technical ones but not always as good as the nurses or admin people in dealing with the patient side of things... Serum are making me feel very confident in their medical expertise and are also good at the annoying questions too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yasna - those clear blue tests rock hey - I just love seeing the word 'pregnant'! So much more fun than a double line :-)

Chillout, serum aim to get the donors to 10-15 eggs- quality not quantity and all that. We got 12 eggs on cycle one, the three best day 5 embies were transferred, four day 6 embies were frozen and donated, I can't remember how many were not freezable.

On cycle 2 DH had flight problems and was only in Athens for 15 hours in total - (less than 8 hours before the sample) we have some MFI so when we got 4 freezable embies from cycle 2 we were happy with that. I didn't ask egg numbers this time cos in the end it's the embies that matter and I trust Serum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow those are really good numbers Vixjc! I was hoping we could count on 2 to transfer and 2 to freeze so fingers crossed that's very achievable.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    I had Dr Tuicolo for my son 8 yrs ago. He is at Everton Park. Depends what you hope to achieve with your birth. Dr Tuicolo will stand back and let you take your time. I had a birth with no drugs, no gas, no intervention and I had a doula - Liz Leyes. Highly recommend her.
    Thanks Positano, but I'm not sure what a doula actually does? I tried to google her but couldnt find her??? I want the same as you, a clean birth no drugs involved, I want to do it like my Aunties did in the village, no drugs no intervention..I'm only going private since I pay for private health, might as well get a nice room...mums like 'go public, you were born public and your brothers and sisters, nothing wrong'...but apparently im high risk being 45 this year??? and I was told to get an O.B.. Dr Alexander seems to be open to whatever I want, for now I'll just wait for my first scan, I dont want to jump the gun too soon..

This thread feels like its turning into a sales thread. Go to this clinic, no, go to that clinic, no I dont like this clinic, this one is better..erh...I'm over it..I came here for support and to chat to everyone..not sure I'm going to handle it if everyone keeps trying to 'sell' their clinic..Makes me feel like people are getting paid to advertise 'their clinic' ..

My taxi driver told me that a lot of clinics in Greece are like Mafia, they just take your money. He has friends who did IVF. I showed him a photo of Dr Kanakas and he said "No he not mafia" ...hahah ... I think that its nice that everyone shares, but I'm not going to bag out any other clinics, im just happy with my choice. If you don't choose what I did, I don't blame you, find out for yourself and make your own choices, I really just liked Dr Nikos.

Im a single lady going through this alone, no hubby to support or argue with. So please understand when I say I need support, I cant tell a lot of my friends since I dont want to jinx myself and I really love the fact that we are all in the same boat. Getting donor eggs was a difficult but necessary choice. I'd rather have a baby through donor eggs, than be a single spinster wishing and dreaming I had a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Wow those are really good numbers Vixjc! I was hoping we could count on 2 to transfer and 2 to freeze so fingers crossed that's very achievable.
    I was the same - the thought of going all that way for not much response terrified me. (Our first donor cycle we only got 2 for transfer and no frosties - when we got pregnant we didn't care but then when we miscarried it sucked to have to go through it all from scratch - but then that gave us the opportunity to change clinics. Everything happens for a reason?). I guess we're all the same in regard to the stress and worry if it all. While it's still stressful for the UK girls, infertility is such a tough ride wherever you live, when travelling from Oz it is a bit harder in a practical sense. It takes longer, costs more etc. imagine being able to do your Europe ivf with a day trip!

I've heard Spain is really good too - and the Spanish girls have such great hair :-). (Massive generalisation I know! ) And the food! That would be a serious upside to Spain :-). I do love me some tapas!

Will be looking forward to hearing which country you pick :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also very tempted by Czech Republic as I'd love to go there! We actually spent 3 weeks in Spain and Morocco two years ago so would be slightly irritating to end up going back to the same area holiday-wise! I'm trying to put those silly things out of my mind though and choose based on the clinic and nothing else!