Closed Thread
Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Sorry, I just asked because I also know people who have had that dr inc my cousin.
    Good luck to all the ladies, I'll stay on the thread and await your happy news and your journey.
    I know a few couples who went to Genesis, we all got pregnant, only one pregnancy resulted in a live birth. To be fair the other girls had better experiences overall than me, although there were some consistent issues (lack of communication/lack access to staff when you had questions/failing to call when they said they would/waiting 5 hours to see Dr P/limited dignity in how they managed medical procedures (in stirrups facing a window for 30mins, no sheet to cover yourself while waiting for the internal scan). Mainly the issue was with the clinic itself and how it manages its patients etc. Dr P seemed nice enough for the very limited exposure I had to him (seriously no more than about ten minutes altogether including scans and embryo transfer), his internal ultrasound was the roughest I ever had though. And of course he's quite well known in the field over there so I assume the science at Genesis is well done. For me, I was not prepared to pay that money, go all that way, and be treated the way that clinic operated. They were very inflexible about the treatment so it made the trip longer, more expensive and more stressful than it needed to be and you get very little info about your donor. There is more ... But if anyone wants more info I'm happy to PM about it. Each to their own hey! We all need to go with the clinic that we are comfortable with. For me that was Serum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vixjc

is Genesis another clinic in Greece and Serum? I'm only in the know of Embryoland which is where my friend had success, she could not speak more highly of Dr Kanakas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brinrush - I've heard great things about Embryoland too. I had contacted them as well but I was more comfortable with Serum. Serum is a different clinic to Genesis and Embryoland, it is quite popular with the girls from the UK and there is a lot of info about Serum on the UK website 'Fertility Friends'.

For me, Serum was just the perfect experience, they were thorough, organised, flexible, compassionate, professional. My husband met them first as he flew over to give a sample for freezing about s month before my donors cycle. He messaged me after he met them and said 'I have absolute faith that we are now at the right place'. He was right! I couldn't speak more highly of them. They are in the same area of Athens as Embryoland. I'll be going back there in Sept to try for baby no.2 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks for the info Vixjc. Hope you don't mind me asking, but are you using frozen eggs/embryos from your last donor cycle or do you start again with another donor? Just wondered how it works? Also what is the rough costs for a donor cycle at Serum?

Its great to know that hubby can fly out earlier to give his sample!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brimrush,
    i am off to Embryoland in a couple of weeks. It is very quick to organise. Dr Kanakas finds donors very quickly.
    Best thing is to email him. He will contact you straightway and call on Skype probably on the Sunday.
    he is very good to deal with and has lists of Aussies you can email for a first hand experience.
    i have heard nothing but positive information about him and am very comfortable with my choice after spending an awful long time researching.
    I also contacted a Danish clinic (a Dane would be a good match for me). They said they don't have donors and recommended Embryland. This helped confirm things for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vikjc who is the main doctor at serum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't think of the lack of money Positano1 you will have an amazing experience, and just think of the gorgeous beautiful little bub you're going to have!
    That's what its all about!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brimbrush,
    I have literally sent off my enquiry forms to serum and embryoland today but we are looking at going over September if all goes to plan.
    We could potentially go earlier but DH has a operation in May, recovery in June, then is off to the UK to visit family (on his own) end of July and Sept is his birthday so it just feels like the right time to go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you go to Embryoland there isnt a big sign out the front, its inside the doorway near the stairs..Its down a quiet street and to be honest I had to ask directions from the hotel since I couldn't find it easily at first. I wasnt ashamed of going there since its my business and nobody elses why im there.

As for what Dr's are practicing a Serum, I hear there are no doctors, that Penny is a nurse and her husband a chemist, so they aren't actually Doctors. That's why I chose Embryoland, you deal with Dr Nikos Kanakas and not a nurse or receptionist or any unqualified people, he talks with you directly, keeps in contact regularly and skypes aussie girls on a Sunday.

I would wear a Embryoland Tshirt I'm so proud of that place !!! If I have a baby, I will go to every magazine and tv show to tell the world about how wonderful Dr Nikos Kanakas is, plus the money I get for my story will pay for my treatment hahaha... One girl from the sunshine coast was in the paper with her twins from Embryoland...

Ive spoken to a few girls from here who have been to Embryoland and used their husbands sperm and donor eggs, they can then either do a fresh cycle or freeze and use later..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (12-04-2015),Positano1  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Chillout sorry for not responding to your post, I missed it first time round. I'm afraid I'll have to correct @Yasna, there are Drs at Serum (there were about 4 originally I think but will check) but Serum is not owned by Doctors, it is run differently in that regard - something my Aussie FS said was a good thing :-). It might be why it gets such a good rap from its patients, the compassion and care is delivered by nurses and the science and procedures by Doctors and embryologists, makes sense to me! To be honest I can't remember the doctors name, I dealt with Penny (I'll email her about the Drs and get back to you) Penny's husband is definitely an embryologist, but from memory I think he's a Dr too. The Dr at my ET was such a babe (honestly so hot I might have blushed!) that I joked with dh about the hot bloke who got me pregnant.

I wonder why they took the sign down at Embryoland? It was certainly there in April '14 cos I saw it en route to the supermarket and understood why you'd stay at the President (despite its crummy breakfast and small rooms! Although most Athens hotels have small rooms I guess which is why I got an apartment, same price but more space) given it is so close to the clinic. Embryoland was my backup plan if I wasn't happy with Serum, but of course I loved Serum and it was successful first try.

It's great that there have been such positive experiences with a couple of clinics over there, it gives you more choice as there is no 'one right answer' and it really is a matter of choosing the clinic that resonates best for you. Serum dominates the UK market a bit, I think Embryoland might have better traction in Oz at the moment. Good luck with your decision, either way you'll be in good hands! :-) :-) :-)