Closed Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.genesisresearchtrust.com/...ith-donor-eggs

welcome Yvonne. I too had been on local egg donor groups who made me feel quite uncertain about choosing to go overseas. My egg donor counsellor saw nothing wrong with it provided you were honest with the child.

someone posted the above article this week and it has made a huge difference to me. I knew about epicene tics but didn't realise they had much influence.

I'm off to Embryoland in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. Dr Kanakas calls me on my mobile and talks to me by Skype. It has been quick and easy and everyone I have spoken to has said the same things about him and the clinic. And they are all pregnant or have babies!

Good luck with your journey and decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Positano1
    LOL! we must be on the same site because I when read that article (actually printed it off and kept it!) and it was definitely the tipping point for me. And it was at the same time that I found this thread - divine intervention I think!

I have searched and googled endlessly and I cannot find any articles/reports etc about egg donor children searching for their 'genetic mother' they seem to all be sperm donor children - and I do think there is a difference. (particularly if you read up about epigenetics as well)

Funnily enough when we had our first counselling session she said something similar, and that it tends to be sperm donor children that reach out to her for answers rather than egg donor kids - she also mentioned that girls are much more inquisitive and have a greater need to know than boys! (boys are so simple!)
    You much be so excited! Did you have the support of your FS to go O/S or did you use your GP for the meds etc?
    Can't wait to hear how you go with Embryoland? Wonder does it have a huge sign out the front saying Embryoland????? LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wet Setter!
    I have been absolutely amazed at the information in this thread - it funny because 5 minutes on this thread and I felt excited about finally being able to have a bub (LOL! 5 hours later I felt like I had been to Greece and back again a dozen times)

Hope you don't mind me asking but who is Ruth, is she a local agent?
    Do you have an idea of when you will be heading over?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is funny Yvonne. That article has left me so much more positive and content with my choice. Good idea to print it. Must do that.

my FS said I had come to the end of the road with my eggs. He uses the world egg bank but with exchange rates the cost has increased 30% so he understood this was too much now. He said he would support me and do my scans etc and he had had patients go to three different countries. Greece was not one of them. He has sent a letter and all my results to Embryoland and said he looks forward to doing my first pregnancy scan. His main advice to me was that I should not wait too long before doing this. Not sure if that was just for my mental sanity. I didn't cope well with my failed cycles.

it has also been a year of coming to terms with the loss of my own fertility and now I can finally say I don't feel that pain and am just excited that I will get to have a baby.

i wish I could stay in Greece for my two week wait but don't think we can afford it.

Oh I also have an 8 yr old who likes to Skype with Dr Kanakas. Unfortunately we can't afford to take him, which makes me sad that he won't be part of process, but he is well aware of everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano who is your FS and are you in Sydney?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano1 We initially looked at the world egg bank as well, but the cost and waiting list is just crazy!

Its taken me a long time to get my head around it too, we have a 6 yr old son and it was only after trying for a second that our first FS told us point blank that it was a miracle we had him with no problems because from the test results I was completely menopausal! She pushed TWEB but we decided at that point to look into local adoptions - after 12 months of assessments (horrendous!) we were approved. The whole way through the process we were told that once we were approved we were essentially guaranteed a little one (under 2yrs) but it could take up to 3 years. Late last year after hearing nothing for months our case worker told me that we really were highly unlikely to ever get a child because of our ages! errrrrr . . . just such a massive waste of time & resources!
    Funny thing is neither of us felt 100% comfortable with it and our preference had always been ed so I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

For this first trip our son will have to come with us (we have no one here that can look after him for that long) but if I need to go back I'll probably go on my own. At the moment we are planning 3-4 weeks over there but we'll see how it goes as we get closer to the date!

Can't believe how excited I am just thinking about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Positano who is your FS and are you in Sydney?
    I am in Brisbane with Dr Chenoweth. I love him and ethics are very important to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked briefly at adoption requirements and saw straight away we were too old.

I am glad you are excited about your new plans Yvonne. I agree finding a donor here seemed very difficult in terms of connecting with someone and agreeing on relationships etc.

i hadnt thought to google donor children looking for their genetic mother. Glad to know you didn't find anything.

I really wish wish we could go for a holiday too. It is frustrating being over there and not having the money to make the most of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post

Wonder does it have a huge sign out the front saying Embryoland????? LOL!
    It does actually - because I noticed it when I was getting my treatment at Serum :-). Maybe not 'huge', but definitely 'large' :-)))

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in. I haven't posted on here for a long long time, but when I googled Dr Kanakas this thread popped up.

My hubby and I have just gone through our 6th round of Ivf, found out yesterday it hadn't worked. I am 43 hubby 45 and we knew our chances of it working were very slim, however we gave it one more shot with a new clinic here on the Sunshine Coast as we had recently moved from Sydney. My doctor is amazing and he would support us all the way with donor eggs so I have been doing a bit of research and a friend of mine has had success with Dr Kanakas in Embryoland.

Im just keen to find out who is heading out to Greece in the next few months, and what the time scales are if using partners sperm and a donor egg (my friend had donor egg and sperm so it was a really quick trip for her). Also is the best option to email dr kanakas directly? I saw a post earlier with his details.

Thanks everyone, Helen X