Closed Thread
Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!
    I've just moved from the Central Coast to Newcastle (NSW) so I'll need to find a good GP here anyway but I think I might just run it past my FS and see how she responds. I think I'd like the reassurance of having the sounding board as you said.
    Vixjc, can you remind me which clinic did you use?

I'm actually really excited about it, initially I was on another forum trying to find a local donor but its really all so complicated and drawn out. My biggest concern was (and still is a little) that my child won't ever be able to find his/her 'genetic mother' if she wants to. But I've been reading about epigenetics etc and I'll just have to cross that bridge if and when I get to it!

Will you be taking little Thomas with you? We have a 6yr old son that will have to come with us (grandparents will be touring Australia at the time plus we kinda hate the idea of leaving him behind) - so it may be a bit of a juggle at the clinic but hopefully it will be ok. We're planning on making it a bit of a holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is exciting! Your odds of achieving that much desired bubba have just sky rocketed!

I went to Serum clinic, it would certainly be very accomodating of a child, but I have no doubt that embryoland would be too. Greeks love family :-) I won't take THomas with me on this trip in Sept as I will only go over for a few days to receive an FET then fly straight back - I don't want to put him through the flight. No doubt I'll miss him like crazy but I am looking forward to sleeping all the way through the night! I found Serum appointments were always on time, and they were very quick (as opposed to the clinics here). So its absolutely achievable to have a holiday with relatively little interruption caused by the IVF.

My concern about donor eggs was the same as yours, but all I can do is try to help Thomas be robust enough to process the situation and be ok with it, it is what it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc did you use Ruth pellow or deal with serum directly? I am having trouble working out whether their success rates are based on chemical pregnancy rate, clinical pregnancy rate or live birth rate, do you have any insight into their success rates? It is so confusing trying to compare one clinic to another especially across different countries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dealt with Serum directly - it was so easy I can't imagine what benefit a third person would provide? Who is Ruth Pellow? What does she do to add value?

As for success rates, I don't remember, but if you ask Serum to explain the basis of their stats, they will, they're very open :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is anyone using dr pantos? Or heard of him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr pantos at Genesis? I did. Hated it - vehemently. Feel free to pm me about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna I just realised I hadn't congratulated you on your awesome news!! Hurrah!!! Well done you :-).

Now for the wait till the scan - all the waiting sucks hey, but so worth it in the end :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is a fertility nurse and it turns out she deals with a couple of Greek clinics but not serum. She coordinates stuff and is good on communication but I agree prob not necessary. Katie from serum seems very helpful. Who is the doctor there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, I just asked because I also know people who have had that dr inc my cousin.
    Good luck to all the ladies, I'll stay on the thread and await your happy news and your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Yvonne, I like you stalked the thread and decided to join when it was clear this was going to be our best option. The ladies on this thread are amazing in sharing what they know and their experiences , like you it made it feel real and doable for me.

i am using Ruth, she works with Iakentro and Newlife. I choose her purely based on the fact that she gave me the most info I seeked ( I like to be super organised) and responded quicker than the other clinics. It's a personal decision but she seemed to make it feel more organised and that is important to me as the whole process seems so different to anything I have previously done. Also both agencies have good reviews on UK forums, I spoke to a couple from Australia on Skype that had used her and the results of agency are comparable to all others.

All the best with your decision