Closed Thread
Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Yasna do you know the name of the area where Embryoland is? I can't find a name so don't know where accommodation is.
    I'm not sure what area it is, but here's Dr Kankas' business card...hope it helps? Most cabbies know where the President Hotel is and Embryoland is literally around the corner. You walk out of the President, turn right, walk past the little kiosk on your left, then turn right into the street just next to it, walk 10 steps then turn into the first doorway you see, go up a flight or 2 stairs and you'll be in his office!!

nikos.jpg

This is the number of the best taxi driver in Athens, Kostas!! He's a gentleman, trustworthy and kind and will show you the sights and not charge too much. You should pay 35 euro from airport to President Hotel if you're staying there..
    kosta.jpg
    This is a picture of Kostas, I've even added him on my facebook I liked him so much, hes my new Greek brother.

kostas.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

ChinaDoll4  (05-05-2016),francesthecat  (09-04-2015),kymmymichell  (17-05-2015),Positano1  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna, Thanks for the wonderful pictures and info. A picture paints a thousand words and makes the whole process seem more real for me... as I've been wondering what the experience is like. Can't wait.

CherryCP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to Dr today for 2nd beta, find out after lunch..!!
    Did my last pee test today to see if the line is darker, and yes it was

ill let you know how my beta goes... Toodle looooo for now...

image.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls !!

Beta came back at 247 !!!! wohoooo !! which is good for 12 days post transfer, usually they test at 14 with Dr De Ambrosis!!

I'm booked in for another beta next Tuesday !! Then 7 week scan on the 29/4 !!!!

Looking good !!!! Im EGGcited !!!!

Good luck to everyone going to see Dr Nikos !! I'm sure you will be as lucky as me !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Yasna, I am so thrilled for you. I hope you can relax now.

Dr Kanaks called last night to tell me about my donor. She is 30 and I was a little worried she was over 29.

Do do you know how old your donor was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG yay Yasna woo hoo great news on your beta numbers

Do you think your new Greek brother would mind if I emailed him for transfers from the airport etc?

Found out today we can't use the car service of Emirates ??

Im getting nervous it's getting real

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Congratulations Yasna, I am so thrilled for you. I hope you can relax now.

Dr Kanaks called last night to tell me about my donor. She is 30 and I was a little worried she was over 29.

Do do you know how old your donor was?
    I can relax a little knowing my numbers are doubling, but I can't wait till my 7 week scan to see how many babies are in there...another 20 days away !!

Dont worry about the donor being 30, the clinic in Cape Town also said 30 and under is ok, as long as she is a "PROVEN" donor; she's had children or live births via ivf/egg donation. Ask the Dr if shes proven, if so, I wouldn't worry. I don't think Dr Nikos Kanakas would give you crappy eggs, he wants every woman to fall pregnant and have a baby !! So trust him, but ask him if shes proven, but I think all of his donor girls are proven???

My donor is 26, has had 2 children of her own and one successful donor cycle, so she's a proven donor, shes had live births. That's the main thing!!!! Plus my sperm donor has reported pregnancies as well, and hes also 26...hope this helps, dont stress like me...just flow with it and listen to Dr Nikos !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    OMG yay Yasna woo hoo great news on your beta numbers

Do you think your new Greek brother would mind if I emailed him for transfers from the airport etc?

Found out today we can't use the car service of Emirates ??

Im getting nervous it's getting real

Yeah I'm sure he'd love to drive you around, take you to and from the airport, and to the tourist spots, since hes basically a tour guide, he not only drives you there, but tells you the history etc..

Ask him to take you to the restaurant "5f" AMAZING food, omg AMAZING !! you chose from a buffet, at a very very reasonable price.. so many choices !! I'm drooling now thinking about going there again...

He drove me to the airport and everywhere that was touristy, just tell him my real name when you email him, he will remember his sister from Australia!!
    Last edited by Yasna; 09-04-2015 at 19:02.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello!

Hi Ladies,
    I've been stalking this thread over the last few days - LOL! I think I've read the entire thread from start to finish at least twice, it was just after midnight when I finished last night.
    I am so excited to read all your stories and after endless conversations with my husband over the last week we have decided to head to Greece later this year (thinking September atm). I haven't decided which clinic but I'm tossing up between Serum and Embyroland - I'll contact both of them later today to get the communication started.

I do have just one question:
    Did you have any issues with your FS (I have a feeling mine is anti O/S). Do I need a FS here to liaise with? I really like our FS and we've already had a load of expensive tests that I think the clinics in Greece will want to have a look at.
    ANyway, a big thankyou to all of your for sharing your journey/s! It has really inspired us to think that it is possible!
    Cheers
    Yvonne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece

Welcome Yvonne - sounds like we might be in Athens around the same time :-). Some girls have been able to get their meds through their GP. I had an FS in Melb that did my prescriptions and scans and was my sounding board. So if you only want basic meds and have a cooperative GP then you don't need an FS. If you need more complex meds or want a sounding board then an FS is handy. If you are in Melb and want an FS I can recommend the FS I used for my trip, she was very accommodating and down to earth/was a good sounding board and had a scanner in her rooms so could check my lining as needed without me having to pay mega bucks at an ultrasound place.

So exciting - you might be making a baby announcement in time for Xmas :-D