Closed Thread
Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Yasna;8151172]Thanks girls for all your good wishes, its nice to be able to scream it from the forum rooftops, since I'm not really telling a lot of people until I'm at least 12w.
    ( I so want to post my "pregnant stick" on facebook, but I wont)

I'm a bit anxious about the idea of twins, but to be honest I feel like whatever the Gods give me I'll be happy with, one or two or three or four hahaha !!!

Seriously though one healthy baby would be perfect, since I have 2 more frosties waiting for me if I decide to have another in a few years..If not, I'll donate them...

Dr Kanakas is so kind and thoughtful, I liked him from the moment I spoke to him. He loves his job and you can tell, he always answers the phone no matter what the situation and I like that he's available, plus after he consoled me when I was in tears in his office, he made me feel a whole lot better. It was a lonely journey for me, that luckily ended up with a BFP!!!. I really have a lot of respect for Dr Nikos Kanakas. I recommend Embryoland to anyone travelling to Greece and the President hotel was a good choice for accommodation since it was close and handy to the clinic, literally around the corner and the CLUB SANDWICH and staff at the hotel were amazing !!!

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like, I'll tell you everything I know..I'm very social and love chatting, just pm me your number and I'll call you !!

Just pray for me and hope that this baby/ies stick and I'm elbow deep in ****ty nappies at xmas hahahah...

Here's a pic of my embryos and my uterus,(I crossed my name out for privacy) they take a pic when the baby is transferred, the white thing is the catheter with embryos inside.. I wanted 2 back since if one doesn't work, I have the other as back up. I would never do just one, I even asked for 3 !! but he said NOOO !!! too dangerous since my uterus is quite small apparently..Hence my lining not building up as much as other women. So the lining really doesn't matter as long as its healthy and the embryo is good quality !!! I left here on a 6.5mm and it only got to about 7.3 and 8.3 looking down from the top. Dr Nikos put the embryo back in the thickest part of my lining. BLESS HIM !!!!

I wish you all the very best luck and stay positive !! i was a bit skeptical and anxious and still am, but hey, we are women and we worry, but I tell you, I'm glad I jumped on that plane when Dr Nikos said "COME NOW"...opa

so did you end up with four embryos Yasna?

whT information have you had about the donor and how many days did you have to attend the clinic? I am trying to work out where to stay. I am looking at booking airbnb. However for the egg pick up day I am looking at a hotel 3km away from president which is only $62 a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Postiano, I ended up with 4 embryos. I have two left on ice. I have heaps of information about my sperm donor since he was from Cryos International Sperm bank. I have his profile, heard his voice, seen his baby pictures. I have limited information on my egg donor, since she is anonymous and Dr Kanakas chose her for me. I wasn't too concerned about her since I trust him, but my mum is asking me about her too, so I've asked him to send me basic information about her soon, all I know is that shes Greek and her age and a few other small details, to be honest I'm not too concerned until I know this is a viable pregnancy, then I will try and find out more. For now..I'll just thank her for her for donating, what a wonderful woman. Bless her.

I attended the clinic whenever Dr Nikos told me to come, basically to check my lining and then for transfer. To be honest I can't remember how many days I went there..I didn't keep a diary, I was very emotional when I was over there, plus I was touring around most days. I really liked the President since it was literally 50 steps away from the clinic and far away from The Plaka, where I was afraid if I stayed there, I would spend too much money. Every time I went to the Plaka or Monastiraki I spent money !! Plus i liked my big room with a view and it only cost about 5 euros in a taxi to the centre at Syntagma Square. I paid 67 euro a night, discounted because I told them I was a patient of Embryoland. I really liked the place, it was away from the busy tourist crap and a quiet clean room. Free buffet breakfast was adequate and fresh and I stayed there for my entire stay, cabbing it everywhere. I had an awesome cab driver who doubled as a tourist guide, I paid him daily. It was worth every cent!

Its really up to you where you stay since it wouldn't be too expensive to cab it to the clinic from anywhere around central Athens, I just preferred the convenience of the President and the price suited me. I was on the 17th floor, if you go there ask for a room with a view. I've attached some pix of my room to get an idea.

aroom.jpg

abath.jpg

aview.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh here is the massive club sandwich from the President hotel, I couldnt eat it all, the potatoes were crispy and well seasoned and the sandwich YUMMM!!!

club.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    i also recommend doing a day trip on the islands, cost me around 99 euro and it was worth it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my lunch on Hydra and it was delicious. They did provide lunch on the boat, but I'm all about supporting local business.
    Hydra.jpg

There are no cars on Hydra and you can have a donkey ride for 15 euros, but I didn't want to since they looked sad and over worked. I spent my euros on food. They were cute however.

donkey.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yasna looks awesome xx

I cant wait to go back, that lunch looks sooo yummy. Way better than the food on the boat, which was fine, Just not as good as that.

No Donkey ride for me either, they did not need my fat **** on that ****.

Good luck for your scan Dette same thing I did as well did not to get ahead of myself, so had to wait as well.

Thinking of you to Rachael hope things are going well.

Had my scan today all seems ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Which island are you at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you all from Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the lovely pictures and information Yasna.

I am really looking forward to meeting Dr Kanakas.

I hope so much I come back with a little baby snuggling in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna do you know the name of the area where Embryoland is? I can't find a name so don't know where accommodation is.