Closed Thread
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm excited but still very anxious, hoping that the bloods come back good and numbers double, then I will go for a scan at 7 weeks to see the heartbeat!! oh GOD I can not believe this !!!

I'll be getting my scan through Dr De Ambrosis, probably before 630am, hes always there early !!! I'll book it on my next blood test..wow...this is so real..

Heres a picture of my pee sticks, just in case you would like to see...The line wasnt getting darker, but remained the same...which concerned me, but my cousin said " a line is a line" ..so...I will silently celebrate until the next phase...

I wish everyone good luck, I met another lady in the clinic at Embryoland who is also now pregnant, I've heard from Rachel, she hasnt tested yet.. I have my fingers crossed for all of you going this month !!!!! I wish you all the best!!

Until I spam again, baby dust for us all !!!! xoxoxoxoxo

stick.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Yasna.

It must feel unreal to be able to literally say the words "I am pregnant". (I've never experienced that either).

Hi Wetsetter: interesting info re legal side of things. I'm presuming we are covered legally by Greek law, hence a separate agreement may not be needed? According to greek law the donor must sign a waiver anyway before she donates, stating that she waives any rights to the retrieved eggs... so that should already have been done by the clinic. Hey did anyone here have to provide a copy of their marriage certificate prior to the donor egg transfer (or provide a statement about the nature of their relationship)?

CherryCP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna hearing your news is really making me excited and nervous. I am counting the days the days until my period starts and then we are ready. We should be in Greece last week of April.
    It feels much more real having followed your journey.
    I am assuming you had two embryos put in which means there is a good chance you have twins! Dr Kanakas put me in touch with two women after my first chat with him, one has twins, the other about to give birth to twins.
    we don't want twins for many reasons so am pretty sure we will only have one embryo transferred.
    Enjoy being pregnant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for all your good wishes, its nice to be able to scream it from the forum rooftops, since I'm not really telling a lot of people until I'm at least 12w.
    ( I so want to post my "pregnant stick" on facebook, but I wont)

I'm a bit anxious about the idea of twins, but to be honest I feel like whatever the Gods give me I'll be happy with, one or two or three or four hahaha !!!

Seriously though one healthy baby would be perfect, since I have 2 more frosties waiting for me if I decide to have another in a few years..If not, I'll donate them...

Dr Kanakas is so kind and thoughtful, I liked him from the moment I spoke to him. He loves his job and you can tell, he always answers the phone no matter what the situation and I like that he's available, plus after he consoled me when I was in tears in his office, he made me feel a whole lot better. It was a lonely journey for me, that luckily ended up with a BFP!!!. I really have a lot of respect for Dr Nikos Kanakas. I recommend Embryoland to anyone travelling to Greece and the President hotel was a good choice for accommodation since it was close and handy to the clinic, literally around the corner and the CLUB SANDWICH and staff at the hotel were amazing !!!

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like, I'll tell you everything I know..I'm very social and love chatting, just pm me your number and I'll call you !!

Just pray for me and hope that this baby/ies stick and I'm elbow deep in ****ty nappies at xmas hahahah...

Here's a pic of my embryos and my uterus,(I crossed my name out for privacy) they take a pic when the baby is transferred, the white thing is the catheter with embryos inside.. I wanted 2 back since if one doesn't work, I have the other as back up. I would never do just one, I even asked for 3 !! but he said NOOO !!! too dangerous since my uterus is quite small apparently..Hence my lining not building up as much as other women. So the lining really doesn't matter as long as its healthy and the embryo is good quality !!! I left here on a 6.5mm and it only got to about 7.3 and 8.3 looking down from the top. Dr Nikos put the embryo back in the thickest part of my lining. BLESS HIM !!!!

I wish you all the very best luck and stay positive !! i was a bit skeptical and anxious and still am, but hey, we are women and we worry, but I tell you, I'm glad I jumped on that plane when Dr Nikos said "COME NOW"...opa !!!!!!

blast.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    Yasna - ohhh the 2WW, the worst part cos it is all mental! Do what you need to do to keep you sane. For me I try to keep busy with work, yoga, cooking whatever to stop the craziness in my mind...... to you

Sooo I did some crazy googling over the easter weekend ( we had lots of rain in NSW) so it was perfect timing (along with lots of reruns of Sex in the city) I came across a site that talked about a 'donor egg agreement' which is a legal document that a lawyer was suggesting you should have with the donor to ensure there is no later recourse that they can come back and claim the child (it also confirms legally) that your name is on the birth certificate. Not sure if it is overkill but thought it was interesting and wanted to see if anyone else had come across this topic and where they landed with it.

Thanks
    Hi Wetsetter - do you know which country that lawyer was from and whether the donor was anticipated to be from the same or a different country? It sounds like something needed in the US (THEIR legal DOCS ALWAYS HAVE LONG PARAGRAPHS WITH LIMITED SPACING and punctuation - sorry bout the caps, can't be bothered retyping 😊)or maybe Aus (you would need specific legal advice - I'm a lawyer but would still get advice if doing it in Aus with a known donor). The laws that apply to donations received in Greece are the laws of Greece - therefore that sort of document would not be needed because the legislation requires altruistic donation and anonymity for donor and recipient.

When you fill out the birth certificate forms here you have to disclose it was donor egg and provide the details of your clinic but when you get the certificate it lists you as the mother (and there is no * or anything to indicate donor eggs have been used).

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you Yasna! Congrats! Almost a year ago I was in the same position as you are now!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to come into this thread. Is this about ladies getting pregnant in Greece through IVF?

Thank you

And....congratulations to all the ladies, I wish you all a very good pregnancy, an easy birth and endless happy moments with your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Nafsika - yes it is, I think all of us are using donor eggs and we are all receiving/have received ivf treatment in Greece, quite successfully too!! :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ok, I'm greek and I'm just glad to hear that you are all having success. I know a few people who have gone there and come back with a bub. I wonder if it's all the same dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    ok, I'm greek and I'm just glad to hear that you are all having success. I know a few people who have gone there and come back with a bub. I wonder if it's all the same dr.
    We are all using different clinics and doctors. Some of us are using the same Dr..its an individual choice. Opa !