Closed Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Dette,

Yes the serum ladies told me off for taking the progestone orally. They closely mointored it, I had to have a few blood test to bring it up before transfer.
    I can't wait find how many you have on board.

Ive vey got my dates, there for the 15 of April. Just after their Easter, we think there was no point going on the Tuesday no one would be at work or anything. So the Wednesday it is.
    Yep I'm on my drugs, DEX aspirin prognova nasal spray 3 per day and a patch for good measure. I'm having an early linning scan on Thursday so I can compare if there is an increase, proper one is due the following Tuesday.
    No boosters for me this time either. No pregnal lines too get obsessed over as well.

Just want to say thank ladies for sharing your experiences with the other clincs. Ive found it quite helpful,

Good luck again Rachael & Yasna
    Last edited by francesthecat; 29-03-2015 at 15:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting on this thread at the moment!! Loving it :-D

Hard to write a post as I have a little tree frog named Zthimas sleeping in my chest right now - but just wanted to say I'm cheering you all on. Also Dette my hcg numbers were so high they thought i might have had twins on board, but it just turns out hcg is really variable, either way those numbers are awesome!

As for taking progesterone orally, my fs says there are some recent studies linking oral progesterone with genital abnormalities in female babies - so keep them in your lady garden girls! Just to be safe :-) besides it does absorb better there. Personally I'm going to explore the injection next time I think. My progesterone levels are always so low despite the massive doses I have to take, I'd rather have the injection painful though it might be.

Baby dust to you all by the truckload!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default criteria

Hi Chillout,

Re: donor match... I have been asked to supply photos of myself and information about my physical characteristics (eg. height, weight, hair colour, texture, etc), nationality, blood group, sociological background (eg. occupation, interests), and any specific requirements I have for my donor. For example, its important to us that the donor has a little nose just like mine as daddy has a big nose!

I realise the only person that is going to match these characteristics perfectly is me! Hence I am willing to accept some variation, and will choose the clinic based on what characteristics I value the most. For example, if I have to choose between a great match with a different blood group versus one with my blood group... then I would likely be swayed toward the donor with my blood group. That's very important to me.

My understanding is that under Greek law the process of finding the right donor match is taken very seriously as it is important the resulting child 'fits in' with your family. You may have noticed in this forum and others that often people unknowingly remark how much baby resembles mummy... so obviously the Greek clinics are doing some great work finding suitable matches for recipients!

Note: In Greece you are supplied with basic info about the donor but they remain anonymous. You cannot view a photo or any information that could identify the donor.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 29-03-2015 at 20:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna, I am so excited for you. It was lovely to hear your experience, but sad that you are alone. What a huge journey you have been on. You will not be alone soon. You will be begging to be alone soon . You will never go to the toilet alone again! I always have dogs and child in with me
    I spoke with Dr Kanakas last night . My boyfriend met him for the first time and thought he was a little eccentric, crazy busy and obviously devoted his life to making women pregnant.
    So Wednesday night I find out if he has been able to source a donor for me and we can do a transfer then last week of April. I had a cry on Skype, very emotional.
    I will go to GP on Wednesday and get my supply of progynova. I am on day 11 of my cycle so if he finds a donor we would start in a couple of weeks.
    We don't want twins, but Dr Kanakas seems to just routinely transfer two and seems to have a high rate of twins. Big dilemmas. But at least good ones.
    And boy is the wait going to be hard. My thoughts are with you Rachael and Yasna.

Dette I hope you are surviving your wait for your scan. Try to remember you are pregnant and the hardest bit is over. Focus on the growing little soul inside you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god. I woke up to an email from Dr Kanakas saying we are good to go for end of April. I can't believe it is actually happening.

Is it normal to have so many mixed feelings? I have moments where I question the whole thing. I wonder if I am being selfish by going overseas for a donor and what impact that might have my child when they are an adult. Or that I am just going overseas to buy an instant baby as one local donor suggested to me.

Sorry for being a downer. I just needed to express things and obviously can't share these feelings with anyone else.

Ultimately I am just nervous and excited. Knowing that this time we actually have a real chance of having a baby, which was not the case with my 42 yr old eggs.

Does anyone have any insight on whether I should have my overdue pap smear tomorrow? Transfer would be first week of May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Oh my god. I woke up to an email from Dr Kanakas saying we are good to go for end of April. I can't believe it is actually happening.

Is it normal to have so many mixed feelings? I have moments where I question the whole thing. I wonder if I am being selfish by going overseas for a donor and what impact that might have my child when they are an adult. Or that I am just going overseas to buy an instant baby as one local donor suggested to me.

Sorry for being a downer. I just needed to express things and obviously can't share these feelings with anyone else.

Ultimately I am just nervous and excited. Knowing that this time we actually have a real chance of having a baby, which was not the case with my 42 yr old eggs.

Does anyone have any insight on whether I should have my overdue pap smear tomorrow? Transfer would be first week of May.
    That's horrible someone saying that to you, try not to let it bother you, what a nasty comment. There's nothing wrong at all with what you are doing but I guess it's normal to be questioning this close to departure. ....good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default positive message

Hi Positano1,

Hope you are feeling ok. Just wanted to share my experiences and provide some comfort. I have gone from Miss 'al la naturale' not wanting to use drugs/ivf to eventually resorting to ivf, and then being told repeatedly my eggs are 'too old'. I cried a million tears and thought life was not worth living when I eventually came to the realisation I would never give birth to my 'own' (genetic) child. Stupid me thought I still had time as both sides of my family had babies in their 40's. I then had to convince my husband about donor eggs... to the point of wondering if our marriage would survive... It has been an 8 year journey.

People who make dumb comments like 'you want to buy an instant baby...' obviously haven't experienced the pain and heartache people like us have. If they spent a day in our shoes they may experience just a drop in the bucket of our despair.

The opportunity of using donor eggs gives us hope and going to these lengths proves how much our children are wanted and will be loved. If my donor egg journey to Greece is successful, my resulting child/children will be treated no less than one that was of my own DNA. I don't like the donor setup in Aus and I don't have any family members I could ask to be donors... So after much soul searching, research and getting over the anonomynity side of things, Greece became the answer for me.

I'm not sure whether any of this resonates with you? But if it does, then I believe you are not being selfish... you are just wanting to be a mum!! That is a natural desire and you are obviously determined as you are doing something very positive and proactive about it. Good on you. Bravo.

CherryCP.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 31-03-2015 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano - fantastic news! Best wishes for a great trip that brings home some very special cargo. And I agree with Molros and cherrycp (whose comments particularly resonated with me) ... That lady is ignorant and rude. Ignore her, think positive and with some luck you'll have a very special Xmas this year x. The journey is so worth it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances, yay the 15th is sooooo close. What a wonderful way to spend Easter, full of hope, knowing in just 1 small week you are off to Greece. Everything will be crossed for you!!!!

Positano, there are always ignorant people in the world, more than willing to share their opinion. Ignorance is bliss; until they themselves have battled with infertility & the heart ache that brings, their advice is naive. When you have to fight for something, you appreciate, there is no taking it for granted - what better tool could there be to be a loving parent.
    You go to Greece knowing you will be a fantastic mummy!

I'm off for another blood test today. I know a slight od, but since I can't have a scan till the 17th, I want the reassurance.

Much love all

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. Vinjx, when did Serum give you any relevant info on your donor?