Closed Thread
Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, this is such a supportive group and having plan B already in research mode certainly helps a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing

Hi

Wet setter - I too have been trying to choose a clinic... and have found the multitude of info and opinions can do your head in! Everyone has advice and opinions... and to each his/her own... You feel like you are putting your whole life and future hopes and dreams in the hands of an ivf clinic! So choose wisely. In the end after heaps of research I couldn't find a bad word said anywhere about Ruth from ivfabroad and I am quite happy to get her help in organising everything for me... plus it doesn't cost me any extra. I have had a Skype session, filled in the paperwork, sent photos and have been emailing several questions each week - to which I get a response usually the next day. I have narrowed it down to Iakentro and Newlife and will make my final choice of clinic in a few months time (I'm going in Sept) based on the best donor matches they offer. I have noticed on a UK fertility forum these clinics have had a lot of successes mentioned lately.

Perhaps you may also be able to base your final decision on which clinic provides the best donor match for you? The donor match is really important to me.

It has taken me years to convince my hubby to give me a chance to have children of my own (he has kids from a previous marrige). He was originally quite apprehensive about donor eggs so it's really important that I get the best chance of success - because I may not get another go at it.

Just thought this may help others.

Rachel - I will be following in your footsteps soon! Wishing you success with your treatment.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 29-03-2015 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask how you know who can offer the best donor match? What criteria are you able to set?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherry sounds like we have been doing the same thing. I have also done tons of online research ( almost too much) but I feel quite satisfied that she will be a really good help. I really like your idea of choosing based on the donor match- that makes a lot of sense. I keep thinking there is a conspiracy when I can't see negative feedback (that's me just looking for the worst I think).

Rachel how exciting heading to Athens, is this your first time going over? All the best- sending u lots of good vibes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yassou from Athens!

Here I am lying on my comfortable bed in my 17th floor room with great views munching on a caramel cream cake from the bakery across the road, contemplating my day.

My lining picked up a little but im still worried and hopeful that its enough to make my little embryos stick!!

I was so emotional today, crying in his office after a lovely couple from Australia wished me the best and said they would light a candle for me at the little church they were going to visit on a Greek Island somewhere. Tears rolling down my face I felt so alone and wished I had a partner to support me. Dr Nikos was so comforting and consoled me keeping me focussed on how many positive outcomes hes had.

While sitting in Dr Kanakas office I met three women who are now pregnant, giving me hope that this might work? But im still scared and anxious since he makes you have a full bladder before transfer, (he transferred 2 embryos )and I was busting for the toilet and had to get up (he makes you lie down after transfer) so i hope the little embryos settled in before I rose and jiggled everything. Afterwards I lay down on my belly and nurse gave me progesterone shot, owch! I then fell asleep and awoke 45 min later and sat with Dr Kanakas while he kept telling me how many women were successful through his program, I hope I'll be his next success.

I went back to my hotel room, skyped with mum and had a small nap, then got fidgety and hungry and didnt want to spend heaps on room service, rang Dr Kanakas and asked him if I had to lie around, he said no and recommended this delightful little restaurant around the corner, amazing and cheap food. I walked there ate, then got some dessert from the bakery and back to my room, changed into my pjamas and am now lying here wondering wondering.

Ive always had a trigger shot of Pregnyl with every transfer, but he didnt recommend it, so I hope it all works on the medication im on: progynova, pregesterone pessaries and clexane. Im quite paranoid and worried but I trust he knows what hes doing since he keeps telling me so many women fall preggers with his protocol.

I fly back to Australia in 4 days, I hope the rainy weather clears up and I can do a day trip to the islands..that will relax me...im not stressed really moreso sceptical, plus i have a bit of a dry cough and sniffles. Not fun...oh well its all up to the gods now, out of my hands. I really hope to be a mother for xmas, i have my blood test on the 8/4/15, this will be the longest 2ww ever!! Keep in touch girls and if anyone wants to meet up, chat exchange stories, message me!

Oh and if you stay at The President order the club sandwich, it was mssive and so tasty!!! The staff here are helpful and the buffet brekky delicious. Just get there early before the rush..ask fo room with view so worth it..

wow its 10pm, time for meds and clexane owchie...i really should rest, not sure what im doing tomorrow, but im not lying around, im off shopping!

sticky dust for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna, everyone on this forum is supporting you! I have sent you an email and I really hope we find each other in Athens in the next days! We can go shopping together!

Wet setter thanks for well wishes - this is my second trip to embryoland - first time in late January - BFN - always feeling positive so I hope to be sharing good news after your good news Yasna.

🌈🌈🌈

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel70 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    all the best Rachel and Yasna, all you can do is give it your best shot! and you are doing that. Think positive thoughts, smile and hopefully all those beautiful Greek gods will smile down at you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best wishes to Rachael & Yasna hope you both come back with sticky BFP !!

Kathy I hope your next scan brings you good news.

Hi to everyone else

11. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YASNA & RACHEL - fingers crossed!!!!!!

That at two week wait feels like years & then it's time to do the test - scary. I pray for two pink lines for you both. Make sure you stay in touch during the sweating bullets stage, it helps.

WETSETTER & CHERRY - ladies you are doing everything right. Research, check; donor match, absolutely; trusting your gut & believing you too will be a mummy!
    Ps. Thanks Cherry for info on Clexane.

KAITHCRAIG - holy moly girlfriend, triplets! I pray your three little ones are safe & well.

May the twins, if sharing the same sac, play nicely together.
    Cant wait to hear more after your next scan.

FRANCES & VIXJC - I'm on four progynovas a day & four yucky pessaries Grrrr, I don't like the pessies much, would much rather take them orally but alas Serum says better absorption this way.

i can't wait for scan as I know both of you have had chemical pregnancies. I want to see that little heartbeat/s. Two weeks to go.

i spoke with Penny & she said I could possibly have two on board?!!!

Frances, how are you going with the meds? What date are you off to Greece?

STACEY - thank you for the info! Czech twins, how beautiful!!!!! Boys? Girls?
    is it as scary as it seems, having twins?

CHILLOUT - I'm sorry Hun. I know how I felt. You start out with a picture that pregnancy is a given, natural, easy, & then ........ Ivf etc, the picture changes a thousand times. Give yourself permission to do whatever it is you need to do; no matter what.

POSITANO - is it this Sunday you are talking to Dr Kanaskas? Can't wait to hear how it went.

Much love everyone, fight the fight.

Xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dette I have girl/girl twins, and I think you have Twinnies cooking in there as well It actually hasn't been as bad as what I thought it would be, the only thing I had trouble with at first was the feeling that I wasn't giving them enough attention, I did feel guilty, but this is all they know and it wouldn't have registered with them, now that they're older and crawling/walking I can get a bit of one on one time when the other is beetling around I'm planning a fet next May and must email penny to see if the clinic can do a day 12 lining check for me as when we went to Athens for our first cycle we fell in love with the pl and are having another 12 day holiday there and a couple of the islands and I don't want to go back to the nightmare clinic I went to So hopefully that won't be a problem