Closed Thread
Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone,

I hope scan r going well girls & we have puffy linings all round. For all those in Greece my thoughts are with you - Yasna, Rachel70, anyone else off soon?

stacey10, thank you for the info on the beta base!
    All is looking good I did another blood test yesterday & that's come in at 2594 for 4 wks 2 days.
    Does anyone remember what their progesterone was? doctor Google is not really helping. I was 55.9 nmol/l Monday & 75.1 nmol/l Wednesday - I have NO IDEA if that's "normal"? Stacey do you remember yours or Vinjx?

xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Yay for great beta numbers Dette. How much progestrone support are you on ??
    On my last cycle which was a chemical pregnancy, mine was 168. Wazza had me on crinone & pessasaries and I was taking the oral Greek ones too.
    I wonder how many are in there ???
    Can Penny assist ??
    Sounds ok to me

Good luck to Yasna & Rachael sending you sticky vibes

Start my others meds tomorow, this time on on DEX

Hello to everyone else

Kathy hope you are doing well

Cant wait for more updates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette mine varied but was never lower than 60, I think I had a 75 and a 90 as well, yours is really good, it needs to be above 30 which yours is
    Last edited by stacey10; 26-03-2015 at 19:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, I have just got my period just before mr blood test for last ditch own egg IVF FET... need to regroup and focus on the next journey ahead being donor egg ivf... Need a boost!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dette, mine was around 20 I think which is pretty low - and you know I was in megadoses of that nasty progesterone and I still had to increase the dose once the results came in. I heard someone say recently that being over 35 is good so yours sounds perfect to me ... Email Penny and ask - she'll sort you out :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 little ones on board

Wow is many people heading to Greece.
    I had 10 week scan and yes three strong heart beats.

I had two embryos fet put back and both took. One then split into
    identical twins. We could only find one sac which can be dangerous as the twins may tangle themselves and the cords ( only given 50% chance of survival) so back for anther ultrasound at 13 weeks. Crossing fingers they find two sacs.

Dette congradulations on pod preg test. Yay. I had hug 1946 at 4 w 5 days.
    Good luck to those that are travelling in April
    kath and Craig

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Kathy, three babies! That must have been an enormous shock. Where did you go in Greece?

I hope things progress well for you.

Chillout I am sorry to hear things didn't work. I was in your position just over a month ago. I only ever got to have one embryo put in over three cycles so it was all very disappointing. I knew my chances were low with my age, 41 turned 42 in Dec, but I am very fit and healthy and thought I could beat the odds. It wasn't to be.
    The tears come less now and I am glad to be heading in a direction which will bring much more success. I couldn't cope with the emotional pain of the failed cycles.

Can't wait to hear the updates from the girls in Greece

I am talking with Dr Kanakas on Sunday and hoping I can start my cycle and get things moving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes wow to 3 babies on board, must be exciting but a little scary too. But hey you have an instant family you dont need to go back for more

Chillout I am sorry to hear that too - that was me also 3 weeks ago, pretty much when I joined this forum. It is still hard to think about not having your own biological child but once you start the process of o/s donation it keeps your mind busy as it is a bit of a steep learning curve. When i went to my FS this week and told him my plan he said well you sound very organised. I have all the ladies here to thank for helping me get my head around it all.

An update with me I am close to deciding who to go with (bear with me I am an procrastinater) and am pretty sure it is Iakentro via Ruth. She gave me lots of confidence and their rates look really good. She did say as my FS also said you want to look for a clinic who has almost as good frozen rates as fresh as it shows they are up to date with technology. So i have started monitoring my levels (on a natural cycle) lining is good at 8.8mm on day 10 and hopefully I will be in Greece sometime late May (with minimal drugs - I think that is wishful thinking....).

I was wondering if anyone could share light on chemical pregnancies and how it is classified ? Is it a positive and then negative within the 2 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clexane and other stuff

Hi ladies, thanks for your warm welcome.

Re: Clexane... my FS wazza prescribed this and I could be wrong... but apart from clotting I'm sure it was to help suppress the immune system and increase your chances. This prevents your body from rejecting the embryo. Dr Wazza gave me a research article on it. Apparently Aus doctors discovered this helps... now its usage is widespread.

I used to find it difficult and painful to inject Clexane... until a nurse friend of mine shared a secret on how to do it... and I haven't looked back! On the pointy end of the needle you will see the tip is cut on an angle. There is a real sharp pointy bit and there is a round 'blunt' bit. If you can't see this very well, then buy yourself a small plastic credit card size magnifying glass from a stationery shop. They only cost a couple of bucks.

If you angle the needle up to 45 degrees to the injection site and ensure the pointy bit of the tip goes in first... you will find it is a lot easier... and less painful!! This might sound simple or silly, but once you see what I'm talking about, and try it... you'll wonder why noone ever told you about it before.... I now don't experience the level of bruising and difficulty getting the needle in - that I used to have before.

Great news to hear about the latest pregnancies... I'd love twins... but triplets... I think my hubby would head for the hills. just joking. All the best. Congrats.
    Last edited by CherryCP; 28-03-2015 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kathcraig wishing your little ones settle in and you have two sacs very soon x

Chill out, stay strong, we've all been there, as my mother in law says "strong fight without fear", wishing you well

I'm on flight to athens, embracing the next phase of this journey.....