Closed Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel,

How exciting that you are off to Embryoland too. Will this be for a FET? Can I ask how many embryos you ended up with? I assume your transfer in January didn't work. That is very disappointing.

$500 for a return flight? That is incredibly cheap. Thanks for the tips.

Talking to Dr Kanakas on Sunday and really hoping we get things going. It has been a month since I spoke with him and nothing has happened.

He hasn't mentioned anything about an injection to shut down my system. Can this be given at any time in your cycle? He just sent me a script for progynova and the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel I just put in a random date for May on Bestjet and the cheapest return was $1500.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano - my flight came in $500 'under' retail. Flight is $1688 at short notice that's pretty good, (I booked last week) currently $2200 with agents . If you've found $1500 for May which is approaching high season then you won't find much better. Do your research on the fare conditions - these prices mean they slug you with fees if you need to change dates so you have to be certain. Otherwise book with an agent to get a ticket that allows date changes.

I'm on a train going to my appointment so I'll write a decent post to your questions when I'm done (and hopefully with good news).

🐢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah I see Rachel, yes "under". Yes I am hoping for May, one because I'm impatient and two high season is approaching.

Good luck with your scan. I look forward to hearing your good news.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Rachel70 that is also exciting - I would be beside myself if I was going over in a week.

Can I ask what you did to prepare with Embryoland, a bit like Postiano1 I am just trying to figure out what comes next and part of deciding who to go to is what treatment plan they have. It seems Dr Kanakas favours less drugs but is still getting really good results. Did you just do blood test and lining scan before you went or the injectiin also to align you with the donor. Just to measure this up with Serum who has more drugs but also good results.

Yes Dette I am doing my head in I think trying to decide . Thanks for the tip in the end I will choose and just go with it. Trying to go with the flow as much as possible to reduce a bit of anxiety on the decision.

Thanks so much ladies, I am finding I cant wait to check this forum to see what is happening - so much action and good stuff too. Good vibes to everyone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thread hoping again Dette my hcg was 350 at. 4 wks and I have twins. Have a look on betabase and you can compare yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Positano - you ask about how to actually start a donor cycle? I first contacted Dr Kanakas in November. My cycle went like this:

end Nov. contacted Dr Kanakas.
    early Dec. started the Pill to line up with donor.
    late Dec. stopped Pill in line with donor - started Progynova
    day of my period.
    second week Jan. - flew to Athens / sperm pick up / every day an
    ultrasound to check lining. waited five days for
    our blastocysts to form : )
    third week of Jan. - my partner flew home - I had embryo transfer.
    two days later I flew home.

(*I went to my GP in Melbourne for prescription for the Pill and Progynova)

Last edited by Rachel70; 01-04-2015 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck and ask any questions at all!

Last edited by Rachel70; 01-04-2015 at 15:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel, wonderful news. You must be jumping up and down.

thank you for info on starting. The one thing I am not clear on is the very start. When do you actually start the pill? Do I have to wait now and start on first day of my period? This will be another month?
    i plan to only have one embryo transferred. I saw some research showing having two makes little difference to chances, but high chance of twins.

Good luck with your travels and keep us up to date. How long are you staying this time?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rachel70  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Rachel, wonderful news. You must be jumping up and down.

thank you for info on starting. The one thing I am not clear on is the very start. When do you actually start the pill? Do I have to wait now and start on first day of my period? This will be another month?
    i plan to only have one embryo transferred. I saw some research showing having two makes little difference to chances, but high chance of twins.

Good luck with your travels and keep us up to date. How long are you staying this time?
    You can start the Pill at anytime - I did - when you stop the Pill you will get a period straight away and then on first day of 'bleed' you start the Progynova. Has Dr Nik prescribed the Pill - if so, he will tell you when to start. I was on Pill for three weeks only and then stopped to make sure I got my period exactly the same time as donor.

This time, I am only staying 4 days (taking sick leave from work). Last time I was on annual leave and stayed 12 days and saw the sights. This time is just an 'in and out'.