Closed Thread
Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi francesthecat,

Thanks that has made me feel a bit better, I kind of like the idea of getting a scrape done here. At least they can have a look around and give it a clean. I am going to ask penny if I can do this, then go for the implanation and if doesnt take then do the hysteroscopy over there (in between implanations) as I plan to stay for 6 weeks. It seems this might be less stressful than flying there and back, not to mention the cost.
    Enjoy your sightseeing, I hope to do a bit of it when I go over too. I read in the paper on sunday that a place called Poros is nice and an hour ferry ride from Athens (apparently nice beaches). thanks again this forum has been my lifesaver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder if Poros is the same as Paros? Greece often seems to have different spelling for the same place! Paros is lovely - much more chilled (and cheaper) than the islands like Santorini and Mykonos. So many gorgeous islands, not enough annual leave or cash!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I the only person going to Embryoland? Im getting paranoid now...a few of you speak of Serum and their thorough approach which I commend, but I like Dr Kanakas and his caring casual approach, hes quite reasurring and has told me it will happen.. Im sticking with him for now I have faith. If he doesnt succeed im off to South Africa. All I can do is sit here sipping raspberry leaf tea hoping that I have a baby in my hands for xmas.

Meanwhile im finding it hard to choose whether or not to fly if im only 7mm tomorrow at my scan. Part of me goes, yes go its a healthy lining trilaminar ra ra, the other part says wait whats the rush its getting warmer everyday in Greece, if it doesnt fluff up this month wait for next month...mum is like, 'lock the house, go' ..im so excited, anxious and stressed..questioning myself...Is Greece the rght place? Will my lining be good enough? Will I ever have a baby? Will this year be my year? Why am I so impatient???!!!

breathe they say....breathe....breathe in and hold it for a few seconds and exhale..

i feel like im holding my breath, like im on the edge of a cliff ready to jump into the water..relaxing is so difficult...i overthink everything..

whine whine moan, thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stressful business this overseas stuff hey Yasna! You're not the only Embryoland one - KathCraig went there (now pregnant) and she really liked Dr Kanakas too. There is no right or wrong decision there, they are both good! As for your lining, go with your gut. If you have reason to think your lining would progress differently and better next month, then do that, if things are going to be the same, then now is as good a time as any! Good luck with your decision :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this thread for a few weeks and thought I'd say 'hi'. I am planning a DE cycle in a few months time with Iakentro or Newlife in Greece. I've been in touch with Ruth at ivfabroad and based on my characteristics there should not be a problem finding a suitable match. I am childless and have tried ivf a couple of times in Brisbane without success. As I'm an older woman, Dr Wazza has said my only chance is DE. Unfortunately I can't get over to Greece any sooner, but better late than never! Has anyone had any experiences with Iakentro or Newlife? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,

well today was the day. I've been hyper ventilating, saying my prayers & had everything crossed - 3 minutes later & pee on a stick - it's positive!!!!!!!!

i feel like I can take a deep breath for the first time in months.
    so today it's off to the docs to do the blood test to confirm.

Thank you all so much for your support, you have kept me semi-sane. I know we still have a long road ahead but at least we are in the race.

Yasna, Think sliding doors - you are meant to have a baby, so if you go right or left, you will eventually get to the same place. It's soooo scary making the thousand decisions that need to be made, wondering if it will effect the outcome. You will make the right one for you.

Cherry, good luck. I have heard of Iakentro, it seems like a lot of UK women go there. I look forward to hearing more of your journey.

Francesthecat, thanks for the pupo, I had to look up the lingo - it made me laugh, thank you! Have you got your approx dates - April? Sounds like you are planning a nice holiday!!!!! Let's hope the next one after that will be a babymoon.

Vinjx, can you believe it's only five months till you are heading back - is that still the plan, September? How's your little man going?

well I'm off to the docs - speak soon

xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Yasna,
    i forgot you were going to Embryoland and was thinking I was the only one!
    I haven't spoken to serum, I spoke to someone who had a bad experience so just dismissed them. Obviously everyone has different experiences.
    i feel your impatience. I am frustrated too, with my sister possibly pregnant and me feeling like I am at a standstill.
    I am speaking with Dr Nikos on Sunday. He wants to talk to my boyfriend about how he donor matches. I am hoping he will then tell me how we actually get started. I just got my period on Friday and am guessing I can't start now until I get it again. Do I then have to stay on it for a month before my donor would start the treatment?

yasna I feel exactly like I am jumping off a cliff with this. For me there will be no second chance. We will get one shot.

i know a donor here who is searching for a donor for me. She doesn't like women going overseas. But it feels like a slow process. Getting to know donor, counselling, bloods etc. but then if Greece doesn't work first time it is the expense and time of going back to do a FET.

Yasna what is Dr Nikos advising you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna and Positano1
    I went to Dr Kanakas at Embryoland after many failed attempts in Australia and was successful on my first attempt. I highly recommend him and his team. he is very well respected in Greece and when u meet him all your fears will disappear. he is a fertility angel. he has a large amount of donors and will guide u through the process. Fingers crossed for everyone.
    typing one handed with a 4.5mth twin on my lap, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god Dette,

I am so excited for you. What wonderful, exciting news. I can imagine just how are you feeling.

I have lost track of time. How long has it been since your transfer? Have you stayed in Greece until getting a positive?

I am wondering whether to stay until I get a positive, but I can't take my son so staying for an extended period is tricky.

So excited for you

Panda1454, thank you for your input. It is much appreciated. It is so easy to lose faith and begin to doubt during this process.

It does seem like Dr Kankas has created a lot of twins! We definitely don't want twins so will be only getting on embryo transferred.

Can someone please tell me how you actually start a donor cycle? I know you both go on the pill, but when, for how long etc?

Just read Elle McPherson is going to use a surrogate at 51! She apparently froze her eggs years ago. Lucky her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Dette such amazing news I hope this is your rainbow. Ill be stalking for more updates.

Good luck today for your scan I hope your lining is growing nicely.
    As when to go ? Is Dr Kankas doing fresh or frozen for you ? Has Wazza suppressed your cycle? As this would be my worry, that I ovulated and miss the implantation window.
    Yeah its getting warmer in Greece, do what is right for you.
    Maybe see you in April

Ive read good things about New Life and Ruth Pellow who is the fertility nurse for the clinic. I think they might even be in the same building as well.
    Lots of people from the UK go there.

A big hello to the new ladies
    I hope there is more good news on this forum very soon.

Best wishes xx