Closed Thread
Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone (on this beautiful autumn morning in NSW). I wanted to ask if anyone had done a mock cycle? And if you have what does it entail? I am assuming you take some drugs like Progynova (any others) and then do blood tests and scans to check hormones and lining?

is that right and what are good numbers for blood? I have heard for IVF we should be aiming for 12-13 lining? But I am not sure how close to transfer or mock transfer that number is?

thx I am meeting with Embryoland tomorrow and am thinking if I want to goin June then I should do a mock cycle ASAP.

any advice or experience on mock cycles would be great. My journey has been 10 years long, 11 IVF cycles and. 3 miscarriages. I am not sure I would have the stamina to go back so want to give this the best **** possible.

thankyou and good luck to those on Greece or soon travelling. I wish you all the luck in the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

just a quickie as I'm using my own wifi & am not sure of costs.

Well ill ive been in Greece 3 days now. Flew in Thursday arvo & went straight to Serum looking like something the cat had dragged in, after 26hrs flying, dohl.

The staff at Serum were so welcoming & beautiful. There was hugs & even a few tears after discussing my miscarriage in December but alas we moved onto hope. Hope, which I want everyone going through this process to hang onto.

After meeting with Penny & her lovely hubby the doc, 2 embro's were popped in. Apparently my lining was beautiful & fluffy & conditions optimal, soooooo
    fingers crossed & we will see in 12 days time.

For everyone in the planning stages, GOOD LUCK, my fingers & toes are crossed for you.

must run, much eating to be done.

xxxxxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (14-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dette View Post
    Hi Everyone,

just a quickie as I'm using my own wifi & am not sure of costs.

Well ill ive been in Greece 3 days now. Flew in Thursday arvo & went straight to Serum looking like something the cat had dragged in, after 26hrs flying, dohl.

The staff at Serum were so welcoming & beautiful. There was hugs & even a few tears after discussing my miscarriage in December but alas we moved onto hope. Hope, which I want everyone going through this process to hang onto.

After meeting with Penny & her lovely hubby the doc, 2 embro's were popped in. Apparently my lining was beautiful & fluffy & conditions optimal, soooooo
    fingers crossed & we will see in 12 days time.

For everyone in the planning stages, GOOD LUCK, my fingers & toes are crossed for you.

must run, much eating to be done.

xxxxxx

Yay for PUPO Dette..

Rest relax and enjoy

Sending lots of sticky vibes your way.. Ill be stalking for updates !!

I cant wait to get back to that food !! OMG !! Im getting fatter just thinking about it.

Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet setter View Post
    Hi everyone (on this beautiful autumn morning in NSW). I wanted to ask if anyone had done a mock cycle? And if you have what does it entail? I am assuming you take some drugs like Progynova (any others) and then do blood tests and scans to check hormones and lining?

is that right and what are good numbers for blood? I have heard for IVF we should be aiming for 12-13 lining? But I am not sure how close to transfer or mock transfer that number is?

thx I am meeting with Embryoland tomorrow and am thinking if I want to goin June then I should do a mock cycle ASAP.

any advice or experience on mock cycles would be great. My journey has been 10 years long, 11 IVF cycles and. 3 miscarriages. I am not sure I would have the stamina to go back so want to give this the best **** possible.

thankyou and good luck to those on Greece or soon travelling. I wish you all the luck in the world
    Hi Wett Setter,

I asked this as well, as Id never had a liining issue in any of my cycles. I was told not really worth it.

But if you have a good doc who will write you the meds, and go to a bulking billing place for the scan, and some blood tests. Why not, I don't think it will be an issue.
    Even for the peace of mind.

I certainly would do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Hey everybody, well I had my day 11 scan today it was ok, 6-6.5, trilaminar, (hamburger as Dr Wazza says) good apparently for this time..so i've increased the progynova to 5 a day and go for another scan on monday...hopefully my lining gets fluffier !!! I'm cheering my uterus on !!

Apparently I don't have to get on a plane just yet...I'm not spending any money on flights in case my lining doesn't increase..it will be more expensive but I'd rather have everything in good order before booking anything..

Sounds good Yasna,

If Wazza is happy thats certainly good !!

Hope Monday brings more good news, ready to book

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Yasna - I have absolute confidence you can get your lining to increase! I took 12 orally and 4 vaginally a day. So if you're on 5, and have got to 6.5, that's great! Plenty more scope to increase meds! I couldn't get to where you are now when I was on 8/day!
    This gives me hope!!!! I cant wait to get on that plane!!! I just hope it improves...i cant remeber how my lining was for ivf, i think i got up to 10mm on my last cycle..im eating so much protein! Shakes, eggs, fish, meat, smoked meat, biltong..yummmm

ive never had a mock cycle...i just do the real thing...8 ivf cycles and no baby, im hoping Dr Kanakas can make me a baby....i have faith...thanks for yor support girls

Upate on monday fir next scan ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending lots of good luck to you Dette!!!! and to you Yasna!

Last edited by Rachel70; 01-04-2015 at 15:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not happy. Lining is a classical trilaminar, but only a 6.3, so Dr Wazza has upped my meds.

Now on 8 progynova a day, 4 sandrena gels a day, 4 oestrodial patches, baby asprin and hes suggested I take clexane too incase I blood clot due to all the Oestrogen..???I hate clexane. Might have some lying around, I don't really want to use them...erh..having an internal clexane debate ...to clexane or not to clexane????...*shiver* ..that needle is so blunt....!!

I'm going back on Thursday for a scan, take the meds, keep up the protein and see how I go???

I'm not in a hurry since its still quite cold in Greece and it seems Dr Nikos has a plentiful supply of donors, so yeah...see how I go...I'm a bit anxious since I was hoping for at least 7+ today?... but these things happen, I have time to see if all these new meds work??

Wish me luck, will keep you updated!!

I'm so happy for those of you who are in the midst of making it happen, I envy you ! There seems to be a few too many road blocks on my fertility freeway...but soon I'm sure I'll be out of the traffic and into the clinic in Greece...

Baby dust to everyone

I've been playing this song on repeat- its folky tune by two Swedish sisters.."gotta keep on keeping on"..a lot of what they say inspires and resonates with me...

My silver lining- First Aid Kit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNYtm2XJGc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna,
    Im new here but Iwanted to say I am sorry to hear about your lining and can hear you sound down. This journey is such a hard one, personally I am near the end of it (whilst the beginning of Greece and donors). I said to Dr Kanakas last night I only have one shot left in me after 11 goes so please please help me if you can.
    I guess we all feel like the obstacles are so great sometimes, especially when it comes so easy for others and they are geting on with their lives whilst I feel sometimes I am stuck in Infertility Land - where nothing ever changes....
    I really hope things look up with your lining - positive thoughts...and its good you are looking for inspiration.
    I heard a great saying the other day and I really like it
    'Emotions give me courage'

So I say it is ok to be upset, angry and mad sometimes cos it gives you the courage to get up and keep going.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (18-03-2015),Yasna  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Yasna luv - I feel your pain! My first trip to Greece I had a lining if 4mm the day before I flew out. I was losing my mind and sobbing in a car park :-/. BUT They doubled my meds and my lining doubled in three days and went from strength to strength. My last cycle I used those patches too - not very $exy those things - but hey, short time pain, long term gain! Speaking of short term pain, the clexane - that stuff sucks. I got some magnificent bruises the size of oranges and took photos and I show them to any numbnutt who has the stupidity to make flippant comments about ivf. Have you tried chilling the area with an ice pack first? I go with the clexane for two reasons, 1. I'm an old bird and don't want a blood clot in the plane :-D 2. I don't want to ever look back and wonder whether it would have made a difference to the success of a cycle.

Big hugs luv - you'll get your lining over the line, I was told that once it's over 7mm you're in 'transfer territory' and you're so close!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (16-03-2015)