Closed Thread
Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dette - good luck hon!!! Thinking of you and sending lots of fertile thoughts your way ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Well its 2 more sleeps until my day 11 scan to check lining progress!!! This is torture, I'm hoping for something over 7? FLUFF UP !!!! *-*

Its nice to see so many people going over this month, it will be a lucky month for everyone I'm sure !!

I will keep you updated and perhaps we can meet for some ouzo in Athens OPAAAAA !!
    Good Luck for you scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel70 View Post
    Dette I want to wish you only the best for the next days in Athens, fingers crossed for a great result!

Yasna, I'm sure it will all be fine, stay healthy and positive.

Francisthecat, you'll be getting your dates soon, all the best and i'll look forward to hearing your progress.

Kathcraig, I've been thinking about you a lot and I hope you are enjoying the early stages of this very exciting time.

I won't be going across to Athens this month as I had expected, my cycle is a no show : ( I am never late and I guess all the progynova/ultragesten from last cycle does muck up the system. Dr Nikos has assured me as soon as my cycle does turn up I can go across for my next FET.

Good luck to us all, we really are in need of a BFP on this site very soon !!!

go girls
    Hi Rachael,

My cycle, was completely stuffed up after my first attempt as well. Ive never had this happen before either.
    It made me miss March, but things happen for a reason.

So Ive got my dates for April Start sniffing soon.

Also as Im of course still seeing what all the other clinics offer, I had a Skype consult tonight.
    They were saying there success rate is 70 % when I asked how do you measure this ?? They say on a positive pregnancy test.
    Certainly not the clinic for me.

Hello to Wett & Setter Positano

Sending Dette lots of sticky vibes.

Sending everyone lots of baby dust

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (13-03-2015),Rachel70  (13-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat what is wrong with a clinic that has a 70% positive pregnancy test rate! I'm new to all this and my boyfriend keeps wanting statistics.

Which clinic are are you with? Do you have frozen embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Francesthecat what is wrong with a clinic that has a 70% positive pregnancy test rate! I'm new to all this and my boyfriend keeps wanting statistics.

Which clinic are are you with? Do you have frozen embryos?
    No frozen embryos.

Telling people that stats like, is not the real rate of sucess. It's like those adds for IVF which say 80 % of clients are sucessful after 3 EPU. The data is not the full story. The fine print, said the when there was at least 1 blast to freeze.

When I asked further, it's really more like 55 % live birth rate which is slighty lower than other Clinics.
    Some clinics think a clinical pregancy that is on going at 10 weeks which has a heart beat is sucessful.

Ive had 5 M/C for various reasons. Also 1 in late second Tri which there was nothing wrong with the baby at all. The placenta came away, which is more common in IVF pregnancies.

I know there is a very long way to go, from a positive pregancy test, to a take home baby.

My dealings with Serum & Embryoland the dr have been more honest about the real rate of success. They talk in live birth numbers, as that's what we are all trying so hard for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Francesthecat that is helpful. I knew there were three stats - preg, heartbeat and live birth. So the figure Dr Kanakas gave me was over 55% but he didn't say what that was for. I assume it was live birth.

So the other clinic quoted was not based on just one transfer but perhaps after several transfers?

Did you not get any frozen from the first donor cycle? That is a bit worrying.

It sound like you have had a terribly hard road. I feel so sorry for you.

April is not far away now. I hope this one brings you a bundle of joy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Positano1,

Thank yes I hope April is finally our rainbow baby.

No frozen from the last transfer, but we have MFI which is not that bad but its still an issue.
    But the clinic were not overly impressed how our embryos progressed after day 3 as well.
    Plus there is was a $ 1000 Euro charge to freeze them, so if they were no good Im glad we did not waste the money. Or have the false hope either.

And yes that what that other clinic which is not in Athens, but Greece has said. Also they were insisting on a frozen cycle, so it meant at least two trips. Ive never had any luck with a frozen transfer, plus my DH dodgy sperm.
    Which we had been advised to try fresh is better, by our FS.
    So it really was not the clinic for me. Plus they had no idea about immune issues, or the type of protocol I wanted to use from Wazza.
    It just really annoyed me, saying 80 % rate, when its not the full story.
    Im a stats type as well.

When are you hoping to go over to Athens??

Good Luck ladies xx

If anyone is around in April Id love to catch up for some pre transfer drinks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everybody, well I had my day 11 scan today it was ok, 6-6.5, trilaminar, (hamburger as Dr Wazza says) good apparently for this time..so i've increased the progynova to 5 a day and go for another scan on monday...hopefully my lining gets fluffier !!! I'm cheering my uterus on !!

Apparently I don't have to get on a plane just yet...I'm not spending any money on flights in case my lining doesn't increase..it will be more expensive but I'd rather have everything in good order before booking anything..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - I have absolute confidence you can get your lining to increase! I took 12 orally and 4 vaginally a day. So if you're on 5, and have got to 6.5, that's great! Plenty more scope to increase meds! I couldn't get to where you are now when I was on 8/day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna is your lining normally good? Was it good for your IVF cycles?

I dont one know much about this side of things but just know my lining was always perfect during my IVF cycles.