Closed Thread
Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Ladies,

Welcome Wet Setter,

I just wanted to chime in with my own experiences of jumping to Donor Eggs. As being previously able get pregnant with an on going pregnancy. My daughter was lost due to placenta ubruption, which I found out last week is more common in IVF pregnancies.

For me, I wanted the better odds, I spent some time with a lady who has just had her child from DE. She like me, can get them from EPU even natural pregnancy as well. She just kept losing them for a variety of reasons.

I thought to myself, this baby is growing inside me, getting my blood. How can it not be mine ?? This baby will look to me and my husband, as their parents. How is this not my child??

As for family, Mum made a comment that really stuck with me. She said "if its your baby, and when its in your arms, you won't care if the cat gave birth to it" Its your child to raise, love and protect. Mum taking it to the extreme. lol

Also re Serum verus Embryoland, yes Penny is not a Dr her husband is. She did scans for me etc. I did not have an issue, her husband assisted on the transfer.
    Chat with them both, see who you feel comfortable with.
    Ive dealt with both, people and are they are very nice.
    Ive heard many good reviews about both of them.
    But yes Dr Nickos is also an OBYGN.
    My first go was no successful, it was a chemical pregnancy.

And thank you to ladies like Vixjc for sharing her journey as well.

AFM
    Yay I get my dates to be in Greece tomorrow.. No issues found in my recent procedures. Good news for once

Dette I hope things are going well for you,

Yasana I hope your lining is fluffing up nicely this time.

I hope to be reading some great good news really soon, plus it might be catching.

Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece - Embryoland

Hi everyone,

I am new here and not got a lot of experience with forums so bear with me.

We are moving onto a donor and are wanting to move quickly. From my research I narrowed it down to either Embryoland in Greece or CRM in Zlin or Gennet in Prague.
    The two Czech clinics appear to have a high success rate and the most advanced technology not even available in Australia.
    I have had a Skype call with Dr Kanakas at Embryoland and spoken to a couple of women who went there and shared very similar experiences.
    I have also had conversations with a woman who was happy with CRM.
    I am favouring Embryoland because of the personal service it appears you get and he is able to organise things very quickly. He seems to be very vested in finding a donor who matches people's families and also in getting women pregnant.
    We are hoping to go over in May for a transfer and Dr Kanakas has started looking for a suitable donor after I sent him pictures of my son, boyfriend and myself.
    Talking to him made it seem a lot less scary and lot more doable and real. Nevertheless it is still scary making a decision about which clinic as so much is invested in it, particularly financially.
    He also favours transfering two embryos, but I think we will go for one as we don't want twins and from I have read the success rate the is virtually the same.
    I would love to hear other's experiences of Embryoland.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wet Setter,
    I have read research papers which show that the success of the embryo transfer is a key factor in whether or not it works. It requires a very skilled person to place it in exactly the right place. I know Dr Kanakas does the transfers so this reassures me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wet setter - I wondered also about Penny not being a doctor, in the end I was influenced by all the good feedback online about her. She did my transfer - and obviously did a good job of it! When I told my Aussie FS before I went that the person running the clinic was not a Doctor, she said 'that's a good thing, the service will be better and more organised' - and it was. Funny that your friend said the Greeks weren't organised 😃 that was sadly very true of the first clinic I went to, but Serum was very organised and structured (and believe me - I thrive on order and structure ... you should see how orderly my wardrobe is :-))). Frances is right, speak to both clinics and then decide.

So exciting that there are all these new faces on here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome francesthecat and I agree. I think it is just the final part of letting go of the biological link but I am slowing getting more comfortable with it. How exciting that you get your dates, I would be jumping out of my skin with excitement and a little trepidation.

It feels like I am narrowing it down to Embryoland based on Penny doing the transfers (thansk Postiano1). I have a very narrow cervix and the transfer (requires all sorts of equipment and a very skilled person to do). I had a endo scratch 3 weeks ago and they thought they had to put me under as they just couldnt open me. But once my dr (who is the head doctor had a go, it worked). Not one of my finer moments being 'tried on by a number of doctors'. He just said at least we know with you it is very tight and we can plan for it.

Vixjc, I guess it depends where she went on how organised they were.

Does anyone know much about these things (this is what Serum is asking for)
    Aquascan - is that just a normal pelvic ultrasound?
    7in1 and Locus Medicus Chlamydia test - is this worth doing? I wonder why it doesnt get done via IVF clinics here. Seems weird to send over samples of menstural blood (sorry...)

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the aquascan here - it has a different name here, like hydro uterine ultrasound or something like that, I also did the test on the blood ... I was happy to do anything that might rule out a cause for miscarriage, no harm! what's another ultrasound and some antibiotics after all we've done already hey!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embryoland

Wet Setter,

it it would be worth skipping with Dr Kanakas and telling him about your narrow cervix.

I just had another email from an Australian who went to Embryoland. She confirmed what I thought about increasing success rate. Good lining, good embryologists and good transfer. She said she all got all this with Dr Kanakas. She again reiterated his personal interest in you and helping you achieve your pregnancy.

oh and I also contacted a Danish clinic to ask about donor egg cycle. They said they don't have donors and send their patients to Greece. I said I ws looking at Embryoland and they said this was a good clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies thread hoping here I hope you don't mind
    Wet Setter, google epigenetics it will explain to you everything your worried about regarding using donor eggs and how the baby/ies will actually take on some of your DNA and that's why a lot of d/e babies look remarkably like their mums Alao if you look at the egg like a blue print of a house, it takes the builder (you). To make that house (baby) come to fruition, otherwise it just stays a blueprint and no house is built

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx stacey10, I did some googling today and it is very interesting. I had never heard of it so thank you. Feel like I am learning so much being on this forum.

Positano1, does he start looking for appropriate donors after the first call. Do you need to pay them first or when you get there?

Does anyone know how much notice you normally get to organise your travel. It just so happens we have 2 other girls in our team heading to Greece for the euro summer holidays ( at least I don't think they are all going for IVF). So I will need to provide some rough dates soon.

thx again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello beautiful ladies!

Welcome to all those I haven't spoken with before. It is so wonderful to have many people who understand this journey we are on, as it can be a lonely, scary one.

i apologise for my lack of chats. I've been on a little cruise - with no email!!!!!
    we are back for one day & then off to Athens tomorrow night. Serum, here we come. Excited, scared, nervous, hopeful.

For all of you who are still deciding on a clinic, I have only been to Serum but looked at dozens in several countries before deciding on Serum. My experience with Serum & Penny has been amazing.

I had done many ivf cycles in Australia & then accepted that time was not on my side. In September I went to Serum. First De ivf we fell pregnant, but unfortunately miscarried at three months. Sooooooo here we go again.

firstly however I would like to thank Vinjx for her last post in regards to how it feels to have a beautiful de baby & what it meant to you emotionally. I know I have wondered & thought long & hard about this. Thank you for your honesty

Frances, can't wait to hear your scheduled dates.

wet setter, good luck choosing a clinic. From what I've heard Embroyland is great & I certainly recommend Serum - so it's a win win situation.

postiano1, the start of the de journey is the scariest. You have done your homework & I'm sure will all go well.

yasna, I've just had my scan & thankfully my lining is fluffy & happy, I hope yours is coming along nicely as well. We are about a week apart, exciting!!!!!

ladies, please say a prayer for me as I head off tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all soon

xxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-03-2015)